RELEASED [SMAPI] Shop Expander 1.6.0b

Add items to shops, buy in bulk!

1. BrandonPotter0

BrandonPotter0 Big Damn Hero

Mod seems to work alot better now. Went to Pierres this morning to see if it looks better. It does. But I saw Pierre was selling a Silver star quality potato for 200 gold as well as teh seeds.... Is it supposed to be in there?

• TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Pierre sometimes sells crops you sold to him.

• BrandonPotter0

Really? O-o Thats the first time I ever seen that before.... kinda neat :D

though, Im trying to add Strawberry Seeds to Pierres in the spring time, but the console says it cant add them to the store becuase the Strawberry seeds have no value O-o

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
        • TenkoKuugen

Strawberry Seeds are sold at the spring festival shop and I am 90% sure that shop has hardcoded prices (prices via the .exe) like the Krobus shop.
          So the seeds itself don't need to have a value so they have no value.

745: "Strawberry Seeds/0/-300/Seeds -74/Plant these in spring. Takes 8 days to mature, and keeps producing strawberries after that." #!String

See? Seeds/0/ means their value is 0. You would need to edit that line. Also, modded things added via the shop expander are sold for 2x the value they have in objectinformation.yaml while vanilla stuff has 4x the value they have in objectinformation.yaml
          So a Bacon Sapling, worth 2000 in the .yaml would be sold for 4000 because it is a mod item
          An Apple Sapling, worth 1000 in the yaml, would be sold for 4000 because it is a vanilla item

• BrandonPotter0

Guess that means I have to figure out modding, just so I can buy teh strawberry seeds in Pierre's shop ;(

• TenkoKuugen

That's super easy anyway
              Keep in mind that if you use the more crops mod, you need to edit the objectinformation.xnb you get from that one (and edit the shop expander config you get from that mod) otherwise it breaks the more crops mod.

• BrandonPotter0

Yup yup. Ill wait for the new thread to get made, and the new config file, so I can download both, and make my edits that way. :D

I would just have to Unpack/Repack the XNB right? (Ive never modded Stardew Valley stuff before >-< )

• TenkoKuugen

Yeah, unpack objectinformation.xnb, open with something like notepad+, search for strawberry seeds/0 and change it to strawberry seeds/25
                  That way they should sell for 100 gold in Pierre's shop (they are a vanilla item, so 25 becomes 100)

• BrandonPotter0

But arent ya updating the prices for the Even more Crops mod? Id have to edit the new version, not the one that you already released right?

• TenkoKuugen

I already made a new thread and that already has updated prices
                      I didn't edit strawberry seeds though, because that is not part of the mod

• BrandonPotter0

Where is this thread then? O-o

Edit: Nvm, Found it :D Thank you so much <3

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I checked, saplings that are bought from pierre have their actual value overridden by a different price when creating them for stock, currently, ShopExtender does not allow for prices to differ from those CA defines unless CA did not define a price, then you just cant add them to shops.
                          I will consider having the option to define a price that things should be sold at in the config, but first will need to work out if I should allow the price to be less then the actual salePrice calculates to be...

• TenkoKuugen

I don't really see the issue, as long as people are aware they need to make mod items to be sold a specific value.
                            Honestly, hard coding prices like that is just asking for compatibility issues with mods that changes the prices like longevity

• fudge5962

fudge5962 Phantasmal Quasar

New version is working better than ever! I think I found a bug though.

It looks like Robin's stacks of 999 are causing a menu error. Every time I try to scroll to one SMAPI fails to draw a sprite and closes the menu to prevent a crash.

I triggered the behavior and collected a log.

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I am quite confused... the error in question is identical to the earlier issue, but I can for the life of me not reason what could cause it to happen only with stacks of 999 items.... :S

• fudge5962

Still doing some testing. I lowered the number to 666 in the config, and it still crashed. I thought maybe it was due to the same item being added twice in one shop, so I duplicated an item in Pierre's shop. That did not cause a crash. Going to try to make it crash a few more times and see if I can find it.

• fudge5962

Found it! It is the number. Anything above 333 will cause a crash. Tested it with Pierre's seeds. Can add a stack of 333, but 334 will trigger the menu close.

Not sure why that is the trigger, but I'm certain that is what it is.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I am utterly and completely confused as to why *that* would cause the dictionary to act up... :S

• fudge5962

No clue. Might be an issue with SMAPI or SDV itself. It isn't too big of an inconvenience, as a stack of 333 is plenty convenient. Might be fixable, but in your next update you might want to at least take the 999 stacks out of your default config.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Yeah, I will look at it once I have the time to figure out what is going on there... :S