RELEASED [SMAPI] Seasonal Immersion 1.12.0

A more seasonal farm at only $49,99! (Without VAT)

1. PanWicker

PanWicker Title Not Found

I'm fine with either option. If you'd like to put it here, go ahead!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Na, that isnt needed :)

Question people: I could theoretically make it so you can use a .zip that has all the images (as png) inside it rather then directories and separate .xnb files, that way, people could share seasonal packs and the mod would load them.
      Is this something people would like as a convenience method? :)

mokoyoko and Zalkyria like this.
      • Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

I would personally love that. Though I don't think it would be something you'd have to rush to get out.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This is quite easy actually since all that is involved is png files, the only issue would be how to handle "content" packs, allow for multiple, or only one, etc.
          Although, since zipping can easily be done by anyone these days, just having a single content-pack is likely the best option, since it removes the need to conflict-check things, and also allows for the pack to include info about the author.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Progress report: I've gotten the code for the zip-based version ready, just need to test it out :p
            If this does work, you should be able to just download pre-build zip files for building sets, and you wont even need to extract it! :D

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

And I can now proudly report that it has been tested and works wonderfully :D

I have even done some preparations for when a vanilla set of seasonal textures are ready, so they can be embedded into the dll file rather then having to be a separate .zip file like custom content packs :D

lannihamm, foghorn and Acerbicon like this.
              • Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

You are so awesome.

lannihamm likes this.
                • foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

I dunno about all this...override zips (read: *.pak), dll-embeds,.. sounds a lot like a standard. I like my mods the old-fashioned way: tilesheets conflicts everywhere, and angry red console messages :mad:

eemie likes this.
                  • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Entoarox updated [SMAPI] Seasonal Buildings with a new update entry:

Seasonal Buildings: Now with twice the awesome at half the cost!*

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

BLASPHEMY! :O

Besides, you are to late, THE DEED HAS BEEN DONE! *ominous thunder*

lannihamm, Acerbicon and foghorn like this.
                      • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

New content pack: Seasonal Lumisteria houses by Panwicker

Attached Files:

• Naesaki

Naesaki Void-Bound Voyager

Just so I can double check cause I keep doubting myself if this right or not. But is this correct in terms of installation for the 1.2 update? :p
                          [​IMG]

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Yep, it is :)
                            If there is no content pack it will give a big red error message to tell you something is wrong :p

• Naesaki

Naesaki Void-Bound Voyager

whoo! \^o^/ yay for convenience! gave it a test afterwards and it works wonderfully <3

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Well, hopefully once the Vanilla content is finished being seasoned up I will be embedding that content pack into the dll, so even when the custom content pack fails, at least you wont lose your seasonal awesomeness :p

wert700 and Naesaki like this.
                                • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

After a lot, and I do mean a LOTTTTTT of fighting and cursing and kicking digital puppies, I've finally managed to get the first linux/mac version of SeasonalBuildings released:
                                  https://github.com/Entoarox/StardewMods/releases/tag/1.2.0

Note that the mono (linux/mac) version is HEAVY beta, simply cause I have no clue if it will explode the second you blink....

anothersarah likes this.
                                  • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• junimods

junimods Pangalactic Porcupine

Aahh, I am so inspired to make seasonal versions of all the buildings now!! Thanks for the awesome mod, Ento, I'm gonna have some fun with this.

• eLe

eLe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Slightly edited buildings for all seasons:
                                      upload_2016-10-29_0-42-1.png
                                      Obelisks and clock not done because magic I guess?
                                      houses.png houses.png houses.png houses.png

Attached Files:

foghorn, Zalkyria and wert700 like this.
                                      • eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Here is a small update on my part. I recently made this little house for fun and then I decided it would be my inspiration for a new set of buildings (disclaimer: roofs are from Mushfae and are used with permission, the wooden walls are from an RPG maker).

this is the theme I'm going for with this new set.
                                        [​IMG]

This one doesn't have any seasonal decorations though.

I made the coops and barns already, these are just the base. All of the plants, moss and seasonal decoration need to be added, but that's something I want to do when I finish all the bases. The little cut out heart on the coop I saw on a picture on pinterest and I thought it was too cute to not use this on a mod haha.
                                        [​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the house I have plans on making a tower added on to the building or something, much like my real life dollhouse, I'm gonna see how that works out though, there's not much space to work with.
                                        [​IMG]

EDIT
                                        _____
                                        Working on the last house upgrade
                                        [​IMG]

Edit 2
                                        ____
                                        second and first house. From right to left because logic?? first house might be a bit small.
                                        [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016