RELEASED [SMAPI] Portraiture on Nexus

Allows higher resolution Portraits and easy switching between Mods.

1. Platonymous

Platonymous Big Damn Hero

Platonymous submitted a new mod:

[SMAPI] Portraiture - This Mod allows you to add Portraits with a higher resolution to the game.

Read more about this mod...

curi0, Davrial, Ankou and 1 other person like this.
    • Platonymous

• Platonymous

I post my answer from the nexus forum again here, so we're all on the same page:
      As far as the other spritesheets go, no I have only done the one. I haven't even looked at the others yet. But when I find the time I will do the complete set.

• Murgza

Murgza Aquatic Astronaut

I'm almost done making the DCBurger portrait conversion, I'll upload them to the nexus and here and link to your mod, is that alright?

• Platonymous

Sounds great.

• Murgza

Murgza Aquatic Astronaut

• Murgza

Murgza Aquatic Astronaut

Just realized after I uploaded that single portrait characters such as Marlon and Dwarf are bugged.
            It tries to divide the single portrait into 4 and just shows the top right corner.
            I fixed this by arranging the image like this. I've updated my file, but let me know when you fix this so I can change it back. ;)
            [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
            • Platonymous

You only need the upper two portraits, because the mod calculates the portrait size from the spritesheets width. The only alternative I can think of at the moment would be to requiere a config file for every spritesheet, but I think that would be worse.

• Murgza

Murgza Aquatic Astronaut

Ahh, I see. Well, it's not much of a problem right now. Thanks.

• Platonymous

Platonymous updated [SMAPI] Portraiture with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Soraxfliff

Soraxfliff Intergalactic Tourist

Need help!
                    When i talk to someone "[20:19:01 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the MenuEvents.MenuChanged event:
                    System.MissingFieldException: Feld nicht gefunden: "StardewValley.Game1.mouseCursorTransparency".
                    bei Portraiture.PortraitureDialogueBox..ctor(Dialogue dialogue)
                    bei Portraiture.PortraitureMod.MenuEvents_MenuChanged(Object sender, EventArgsClickableMenuChanged e)
                    bei StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaiseGenericEvent[TEventArgs](IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, TEventArgs args) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:Zeile 71."
                    pops up in the Console and the portraits are still blurry D:

• Platonymous

What version of SDV and SMAPI are you using?

• Soraxfliff

Soraxfliff Intergalactic Tourist

I'm playing on SDV 1.2.15 and using SMAPI 1.9 beta 14 right now :)

• Platonymous

Ok, that explains it, Portraiture only works on 1.11 for now. I'm working on a 1.2+ Version.

• Platonymous

• 1003donggo

1003donggo Void-Bound Voyager

DCBurger Portrais is my favorite. I'm happy to see it in high definition. Stardew Valley became more fun. Thank you very much.

• Platonymous

• Platonymous

khai9999 likes this.
                            • Noroxus

Noroxus Void-Bound Voyager

I've tried using this mod with the newest version of SMAPI and SV 1.2.15 (using Hi-Res DCBurger Portraits)
                              SMAPI 1.10-beta with Stardew Valley 1.2.15 on Microsoft Windows 10 Home

[18:15:46 ERROR SMAPI] The Portraiture.PortraitureDialogueBoxNew menu crashed while drawing itself. SMAPI will force it to exit to avoid crashing the game. System.MissingMethodException: Methode nicht gefunden: "Boolean StardewValley.Game1.isGamePadThumbstickInMotion(Double)". bei Portraiture.PortraitureDialogueBoxNew.draw(SpriteBatch b) bei StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:Zeile 989.

The dialogue boxes crash instantly tho....

EDIT: Apparently fixed with 1.2.20 update :eek:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
                              • AnonymooseBrony

AnonymooseBrony Space Spelunker

Trying to get this running. I can press P and it cycles through the portrait folder names, but the portraits themselves do not change from the vanilla. I have tested it with multiple portraits (DCBurger's xnb and pngs, and "All Portraits")

No errors in SMAPI. I rolled back from the latest 2.3 SMAPI to the last 1.15.4, but still no luck. I've seen multiple posts on nexus about this, but no solution. Is this mod still in maintenance?