RELEASED [SMAPI] New machines (flour, sugar, vinegar, rice?)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Igorious, Mar 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Igorious

Igorious Sandwich Man

Game don't provide easy mechanics for changing item colors. So it's not priority task. And you always can change colors via graphic editors.

Thank for help. Now they looks more organic, like other items in game.

Hm, I think, acetic acid shoudn't react with copper, because cuprum has positive electrode potential. Anyway, I've used metal bar to balance cost of machine.

Try understand my position. I spent about 30 hours in researching decompiled game code. It's hard high-quality mental activity. I made near hundred tries to coerce game to work with my mod without crashes. So I'm not ready to open code in one moment after all that. Not now, sorry.

I try to find balance between realistical and game-conditional approaches. Battery is so «expensive» item for crafting usual machine.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

About the colors - do we just replace the png in the resourse file or do we have to unpack your mod and then repack it with an edited png?

I'm thinking of using ciriun's teal vinegar jar

• Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

If everyone is agreed and with your approval, this should be the final version of the sprite edits.
        Craftable_Edit4.png

Does this also apply to the code you made for the More Crops Mod for adding items to shops, or will that one be made open?

Superior_s and taintedwheat like this.
        • Igorious

Igorious Sandwich Man

Configuration and images are unpacked. I think, we can allow ourselves to spend extra 20 KiB in 2016 year :)

I still prefer blue version of jug, it looks more neutrally. I will research in near future, how author changed colours of flowers, and, maybe, I will able use it for custom and standart items.

It works dynamically as well as this mod. You define list of items for spring/summet/autumn/winter/full-year in .config file, and all this items will be added in seed-shop menu.
          It seems, that my dll passed beta-test. So I can post .dll and instruction, if it's need, in separate thread.
          I planned to override all shop menus in game (guild, blacksmith, carpenter, fisher, joja, ranch, oasis, piggy-cart, dwarf and sewer). Allow to sell non-infine items. Maybe, remove items? Sort items?
          I don't sure, what of that will be used by other players and modders.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
          • Travoos

Travoos Gotta Catch 'em All! Mk.2

Does the DLL used in this mod directly modify the SaveGame serializer variables to save the custom objects? If not, does it support custom objects saving custom variables as well? I'm interested in what method you used for saving these objects.

• Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

Okay, it's your mod. I can put the blue one back in no problem.
              Craftable_Edit5.png

I think a dedicated thread for it would be great. Then everyone who wants to add new animals, crops, etc., could go there to discuss without cluttering other threads. I myself hope to add a special sort of plant one day. :nurunaughty:

Superior_s likes this.
              • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

*Cough* weed *Cough*

RoastedCoconutz and taintedwheat like this.
                • Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

:nurutease: Good guess, but it's far more special than that. The tricky bit is that in an ideal scenario, it will have a different crop every season and be tappable, hence why for now it is still just a dream. (Also it will be incredibly unbalanced, but I don't care because dreams! X3)

GARRthePIRATE and Superior_s like this.
                  • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

You've peaked my interest. Lol

• Oboromusha

Oboromusha Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey guys.

testing current build of this mod with SMAPI 39.6, game version 1.06
                      These 3 crafters lack the property to run indoors (no ingredient input accepted from any angle around tile) in the farmhouse and I see no parameter for this in config file.
                      I see a lot of people setup their crafting stations outdoors, but with farmhouse expansion mods, some, like myself are setting these indoors, so it's something you may have missed during testing. And yes, I tested this both in the additional maps for basement and attic from Quantum's Famrhouse expansion and in the vanilla house map. These crafting stations will not accept inputs anywhere indoors.

Please verify that yourself and see if you can change that for definitive release with the new sprites you are discussing here. Great idea for a mod this is, all that's missing now is the rice but that's trickier because it's presented in a packet and to make it into a crop, the original asset needs to be changed without breaking the game's existing logic for recipes. Hopefully More Crops Mod tackles this down the line.

• taintedwheat

It's stated in the intial post that these machines arent working inside the house just yet. Maybe it will be fixed later on?

• Oboromusha

Oboromusha Pangalactic Porcupine

Oops, missed that in changelog. Ok, I'll be watching progress of this when this works indoors, it would be great. Thanks.

• taintedwheat

Yeah, I'd like it to work inside as well as I have those same mods and would like mini forge/mini cellar area with each of the machines that make artisinal products xD

• Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

It works indoors, just not in the farmhouse. Tried with SMAPI 39.2 and v 1.05. The machines all run in my deluxe barn. :3

That said, the config file doesn't seem to work for me. I changed the flavor text, but this doesn't reflect in the game. Though, I dunno, maybe the flavor text remains the same? Haven't tried turning wine to vinegar yet. I don't have any wine on me, just apples, haha.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
                                taintedwheat likes this.
                              • mrslowly

mrslowly Void-Bound Voyager

Is the source code for this posted anywhere?

• Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

Scroll up, that question was answered at the top of this page.

• mrslowly

mrslowly Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks.

You could say the same thing about Storm/SMAPI or other mods in general. I understand coding things like this is tough work, but it would really help out other programmers here.
                                    For people wanting to make similar things, it would save a lot of time and digging. In addition, making it open source will allow other people to contribute as well and help it grow.

• Igorious

Igorious Sandwich Man

It sounds... fairly.
                                      Anyway, my code still is not prepared for usage by other people. I right now rewriting it again to avoid annoying code duplications.
                                      Maybe, I'll be ready mentally and physically to open code of this mod at Saturday or Sunday.

I don't know, how modify serializer. Permission attributes for all derived object classes stored in .exe, so I haven't access to them.
                                      I'm replacing all custom objects by «raw» objects, when farmer comes to farmer-house.
                                      It's cause, why machines doesn't work indoor.

I will check this, thanks.

Norfuer and Superior_s like this.
                                      • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Might I suggest taking a look at this mod:
                                        https://github.com/Club559/FactoryMod

It modifies the serialisers so that its custom objects (Conveyor Belts) are serialised properly.

Superior_s likes this.
                                        • Igorious

Igorious Sandwich Man

Thanks for link, but there's no serialization for Object class. I tried add my classes, but I got crash during saving :(

It seems, I found solution to not prevent work of machines in house. I will try realize this in version 1.1 of mod.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
                                            Oboromusha and lordvalinar like this.