RELEASED [SMAPI] New machines (flour, sugar, vinegar, rice?)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Igorious, Mar 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Igorious

Igorious Sandwich Man

I think, I ready to release :)
    I added Vinegar Jug, that converts apples into apple cider vinegar!
    Also, all machines now can work in all outdoor places. They still don't work in farmer's house — this key location used as trigger for using my code instead code from .exe. I hope, next versions of SMAPI will allow me to fix this small issue.

If you want to help me, please, test the mod and propose your ideas about further game expansions.
    You also can offer your images or fix mine :)

• Bunkmaster

Bunkmaster Space Spelunker

Fantastic work, this is great. Just needs something for oil, which (according to my limited modding knowledge) should be easy to just add crops to the oil-maker machine so they can give vegitable oil for cooking? idk, something like that. Or could something like an olive tree or peanut crop be added to make oils from?

• Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

I've actually been so preoccupied watching and helping with mods I haven't been playing. :laugh: So sorry for not helping with the testing. But I took a stab at the sprites, you can see if they look any better.

Craftable_Edit.png

There is an oil maker in the game. You can put corn or sunflower seeds in it to get oil, according to the wiki.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Love the vingar jars, i know this is crude (i did this on my phone)

But like just little details like this to the water tank?
          Sketch30155611.png

Also could we ser the jars in diff colors? O:

Edit: wine (actually two parts wine/one part water) is used to make vinegar (usually the main ingredient for some) can there be an option to throw any type of wine in the machine if we don't have apples?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
            Acerbicon and Ciriun like this.
          • Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

Is this okay? I kind of had to compromise on the water tank.
            Craftable_Edit2.png

taintedwheat and Superior_s like this.
            • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Everything looks pretty good, I don't like the jar being red though.

• taintedwheat

Lol that does work! How does maybe three grill-lines for the tank thing looks? Yeah, red takes the wooden tap away. Hb in green or purple?

I have no apples x.x

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
                • Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

The door is an odd number of pixels if I keep it centered, so there is no way to add evenly distributed lines. There would either be a two pixel gap somewhere, or a grill right against the outline.

But I did touch up some shading and tried out a shade of green.

Craftable_Edit3.png

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Could you try a horizontal grill? Also green is way better then the red, still prefer the blue though.

• Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

I can add one line horizontally. Also, compromise color!
                      Craftable_Edit3.png

endermaryn and taintedwheat like this.
                      • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

I'm actually cool with that color. Also I'm looking at this on my phone so if it's already like that disregard this but, the horizontal line shouldn't connect to the sides of the panel.

• starsong

starsong Tentacle Wrangler

I love the blue jug sprite! Noticed that the crafting recipe uses copper for the tap. Actually copper cannot be used with vinegar (or other acidic stuff) because it will react and stain. So perhaps it might be more realistic to change the ingredient to wood instead.

Agree that it doesn't make sense to have two machines with essentially the same purpose. Although I'm biased because my family used to own a big stone mill like in the video and we could make flour, oil, ground nuts, soy milk by ourselves.

taintedwheat and Superior_s like this.
                          • Igorious

Igorious Sandwich Man

Use advantages of dynamic approach to mods!
                            Open config.json in notepad, find VinegarJug section. Then find subsection Vinegars and add required line like:
                            Code:
                            "Vinegars": {
                                  "613": "Apple Cider Vinegar",
                                  "348": "Wine Vinegar",
                                }
                            It's pairs of item ID and name of product. There's no formula for price yet.
                            348 is ID for Wine.

• lordvalinar

lordvalinar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Omg You sir rule!!! I've been desiring a way to make my own wheat and sugar without having to buy from Pierre all the time <3

Ciriun likes this.
                              • taintedwheat

thank youuuuuu <3 <3 <3 <3

/hungry for apples

RoastedCoconutz and Superior_s like this.
                                • Bunkmaster

Bunkmaster Space Spelunker

OMG it's true... Why is this not explained in the base game anywhere? The oil maker description says specifically "truffle oil" which led me to think it was only for truffles. Good Lord, this game needs a clarity overhaul or something.

Thanks for pointing that out. I try not to use wikis unless I'm stuck on something, so I'd have never known this.

RoastedCoconutz likes this.
                                  • Vajura

Vajura Void-Bound Voyager

Do you have source code availiable for this OP?

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I actually prefer that teal color too. Gives more color variety since there is already blue on the sugar machine when the water is added. Plus, it really was a nice compromise :) Maybe there can be an alternate color release.

• darkuslord98

darkuslord98 Void-Bound Voyager

This. This is one of the few mods so far adding in custom items, machines, etc ("True" content), having source code available would be a huge boon to helping the modding community.

• iart53

iart53 Void-Bound Voyager

I think it will be more reasonable to add battery into the mills crafting recipe since it will be more realistic. But then, most of the machines don't. :lickitung: