RELEASED [SMAPI] More Animals 3.0.2

Because a single pet is never enough!

1. suikasu

suikasu Aquatic Astronaut

i don't know what happened lel i was walking towards the box and it just crashed?? xD

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I do not accept logs in PDF format, upload in raw log file or as a screenshot.

• fdg21

fdg21 Subatomic Cosmonaut

is it possible to change the skins of the animals?

• anothersarah

anothersarah Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do you mean after they are already adopted ?

• fdg21

fdg21 Subatomic Cosmonaut

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Only be replacing existing skins, and all animals that share a skin will change.

Changing a skin after the fact for just 1 pet is not possible, since that is not how the system is designed.

• suikasu

suikasu Aquatic Astronaut

woops sorry! here you go, just in case added a screenshot too lel

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

MorePets or SMAPI was not installed correctly or needs updating, as you did not post the full log I cannot tell what the exact problem is any further then that, next time post the -full- log file, as there is important information in there that makes it easier to solve things like this.

• forsongen

forsongen Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I'm getting the exact same issue as suikasu. Running SMAPI 2.1 with MorePets 1.4.0 on Mac.

EDIT: Should also clarify that I've tried reinstalling but to no avail.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

That is not the SMAPI log file, but a copy of the terminal data, I cant parse that....
                    Follow the proper instructions and UPLOAD THE LOG FILE, I will not continue giving you any further aid without a proper log file, since this is now the third time you failed to follow basic instructions.

• anothersarah

• Keekazilla

Keekazilla Orbital Explorer

Just wondering is there any way to get rid of your pets after buying them? Or are they permanent?

• anothersarah

You can use debug + the kill_pets command, which will remove all the "MorePets" pets (ie everything except your default Marnie-given pet).

(Edit: I know there was some talk about the potential for other methods being added at some point, but if they ever were I missed it :) )

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Entoarox updated [SMAPI] More Pets with a new update entry:

MorePets -> MoreAnimals

Read the rest of this update entry...

anothersarah likes this.
                          • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• Ratlochet

Ratlochet Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For clarity's sake (because I'm super slow) this new update means you can have different farm animal skins (cows, pigs, chickens, ect.) kept in the More Animals mod folder, and it will randomly select a skin for each new farm animal you buy, correct? If so, will it still occasionally use the original animal skins found in the Content folder, or just skip them entirely?

Sorry if these questions are a little silly, I just want to make sure I understand completely before playing around with anything so I don't mess something up.

• luna_panshiel

luna_panshiel Pangalactic Porcupine

does this mod have a function for skin linking? for example babyanimal_2 grows up into adultanimal_2, and have the baby versions matched to the adult? i'd love to have an enormous variety of possible animals on my farm, such as the ones from https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/elles-coop-animal-replacements.139279/ and https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/elles-barn-animal-replacements.139278/

but it would be weird for the babies to mutate into different breeds or species

edit: and how exactly are sheep shearing mechanics handled? since they involve swapping skins around

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
                              • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

as long as the _X section is the same, baby adult and sheered should have the same skin, so BabyAnimal_2 > Animal_2 > SheeredAnimal_2 should work like that.
                                If this is not the case, then be sure to inform me as it means that during these changes SDV somehow wipes skin information when it shouldnt.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The vanilla skins will still be used, that is why it provides a `BabyDuck.xnb` file in its skin folder (Just a copy of the vanilla BabyWhite Chicken.xnb) that is used for the "vanilla" baby duck.

• KeenBean

KeenBean Void-Bound Voyager

There are no installation instructions for this. I have placed it in my Stardew>Mods folder and also tried it in my SMAPI mods folder. Neither one works. No box shows up at the bus stop.