RELEASED [SMAPI] More Animals 3.0.2

Because a single pet is never enough!

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Lunawolf3511 That seems to be the wrong save. Can you send me Esther_196177081 instead of Esther_130513971?

• Lunawolf3511

Lunawolf3511 Void-Bound Voyager

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

That message means that you have a animal that is identified as having the skin ID 2, but that your skin folder doesnt have a skin with the ID 2 (AnimalName_2) in it, and thus the default vanilla skin is being used instead.

• Lunawolf3511

Do the files within the XNB file need to have the same naming convention as AnimalName_2? As all my files are named with that but the ones inside are normal, i.e. BrownCow_2.XNB with BrownCow.PNG and BrownCow.JSON files within. SMAPI is identifying them as available skins and all of my cat/dog files made in the same manner work :down: Thank you for your help!

• yint

yint Big Damn Hero

I'm having the exact same problem - was there ever a fix or a guide to this?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Please provide your https://log.smapi.io which shows the error message in that case :)
            Please provide your https://log.smapi.io as it contains needed information to hopefully solve your issue.

• Lunawolf3511

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Lunawolf3511 Thanks for the test files! That seems to be a bug in the unofficial version only. The official update for Stardew Valley 1.3.31 (currently in beta) doesn't have that problem, and hopefully that'll be out of beta soon.

• Lunawolf3511

Hey! Thanks for looking into this for me, that's also me on Reddit haha, I'll not bug you anymore there. Really appreciate you guys' help, at least it's not anything I've done wrong! I'll just hold on till that updates out, will keep you updated X3:love:

• yint

yint Big Damn Hero

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You are using a unofficial update, please report it with slamerz (Who was authorised to make one), or provide a log of the situation occuring with the official version Pathos has updated (Found on nexus)

• yint

yint Big Damn Hero

Oh, my bad! I'm sorry I didn't check properly before asking about it.
                    I'll see what I can do when I get home: Thank you for your time regardless!!

• woodpest

woodpest Void-Bound Voyager

Hey,
                      I have the following issue:
                      I can adopt a pet and everything seems to work fine. But when I close and restart my game the skin changes back to vanilla.
                      I'm using 2.0.5

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Please provide your https://log.smapi.io

• woodpest

• breatemata

breatemata Subatomic Cosmonaut

If i put skins for livestock animals, will tey also appear on pet area?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

More Animals doesnt seem to be installed anymore, you need to keep MoreAnimals installed for the mod to work.
                            No, some of your vanilla skinned animals will turn into custom-skinned animals, and any new animals have a chance of taking on the custom skins.

breatemata likes this.
                            • woodpest

That's strange because it should be installed... The log also says that it has loaded the mod (I didn't sent you the whole log because it was so long).
                              I did uninstall this mod when I first had the issue but then I reinstalled it again. I unzipped the download into Stardew Valley/Mods.
                              But thanks for your time! And for the good work!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Please upload the whole log to smapi.io and send me the correct link, if you only uploaded a partial log important information is likely missing.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

More Animals 2.0.6 is now available! (For both Stardew Valley 1.3.28 and 1.3.31-beta.)

Release notes:
                                  • Fixed asset path error in 2.0.5.
                                  • Fixed pets showing 'Cat' or 'Dog' as their display name.

Mel Noelle likes this.