RELEASED [SMAPI] More Animals 3.0.2

Because a single pet is never enough!

1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

not yet, MP update is in beta, so most mods are not yet compatible, stay on the 1.2 release if you wish full mod support.

• DragonAion

DragonAion Void-Bound Voyager

Hello there! Great idea for a mod, although I'm afraid I encountered a bug (this is for the 1.2 version for Stardew and version 2.5.5 of SMAPI).
      Trying to load the first day into Winter of year 2, my game crashed upon saving at night. The error file is attached, and as you can see the error was with the setting of game time. Through trial and error figuring which of my mods it was, once I removed More Animals I'm afraid my game saved properly and played onto the next day without any trouble.
      Removing it too, I still have a dog (which I adopted through this mod) on my farm with my originally adopted cat. While I'm okay with this, I'm worried that there may be "dirty edits" that may creep up later.

A general issue too, at night when my pets are inside the house there isn't any trouble, but every morning my dog and cat spawn by the one water bowl with the sprites on top of each other. This can be visually annoying with just two pets, I can't imagine what it would be like for people with more. Could you edit this please so that the sprites aren't on the same spot every morning?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2018
      • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Due to the size of logs these days, I only accept logs provided using https://log.smapi.io - I simply do not have the time to parse through the whole thing for issues, and the SMAPI log parser was designed to do that heavy lifting for us ;)

• Stilesy

Stilesy Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I was looking if this mod will be updated for the beta version because it is so incredibly cute and I NEEEED to adopt poor little homeless pets! ;_;
          Well... I saw you had a poll but I can't see it. o.o

I hope we can soon use this mod again.... I always dreeeeeamed of something like this. The game needs this! ;__;

• DragonAion

DragonAion Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, well, good to know. I've parsed through the code (https://log.smapi.io/k9NW9aFE ) and and the error appears to be from another mod instead of More Animals (Free Dusty appears to be the source of the issue). Although, having removed More Animals my game runs perfectly, so I think what's happened is that there is a conflict between Free Dusty and More Animals and when More Animals was removed it allowed the problem mod to not run into any problems. I'll take this and let the author of Free Dusty know.

Well, I'm glad to be wrong, your mod is wonderful and it's an adorable idea. :) I'll just take out Free Dusty and put More Animals back in~

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The mod might only be expecting 2 instances of the Pet class, and discovering more (As MorePets causes) would then indeed cause an issue :p

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Not any time soon, making MorePets MP compatible is going to take a while, and I am not going to try without knowing how far SMAPI's MP-API reaches.

Amerila and Zalkyria like this.
                • juliasaurus

juliasaurus Intergalactic Tourist

When I run SMAPI it says this mod is no longer compatible :( was so excited to have more animals!!!! Bummer.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This mod is not compatible with the BETA, either go back to the release version or wait until I can update.

• Moomalicious

Moomalicious Space Hobo

I read through all the posts trying to confirm if we can add animal skins for cows, pigs, etc to this? For example, Elle's Barn Animal Replacements has .json and .png files for each replacement; would I drop those files into the More Animals or More Animals>Skins folder? Thank you

• breatemata

breatemata Subatomic Cosmonaut

you could try this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2095 just replace with the animals with the png of the animals you want.

• lezboivy

lezboivy Void-Bound Voyager

Now that 1.3 is out of beta are you planning on updating this mod? if not that's totally chill cause you've got a shit ton of work to do and that's perfectly reasonable! I was just wondering how closely I should stock the mod page to see if it updated.... Thanks for working so hard you are a really cool person

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Not anytime soon, I need to get my base code up to date first.

• lunagomezreal

lunagomezreal Space Hobo

I have a problem with it
                              once installed its says that need the complementary mods in order to work
                              I alredy have Smapi what are the others?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Please provide your http://log.smapi.io

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

More Animals 2.0.5 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3.30+ only.)

Release notes:
                                  • Updated for Stardew Valley 1.3.
                                  • Overhauled skin loading:
                                    • moved into conventional assets subfolder;
                                    • switched to PNG images by default (XNB files will still work);
                                    • rewrote skin logic to be more robust and handle more cases;
                                    • improved error messages.
                                  • Fixed Linux/Mac compatibility.
                                  • Removed custom update checks; replaced by standard SMAPI update alerts.
                                  • Refactored internally.
                                  (It's only on Nexus since I don't have access to update the Chucklefish mod page, but Entoarox is welcome to upload it here too.)

anothersarah likes this.
                                  • Lunawolf3511

Lunawolf3511 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! I've got the strangest issue I was hoping you guys could help me out with, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, everything is up to date but whenever I either buy a new animal or load a save with animals I get the following error :
                                    14:13:09 ERROR More Animals Animal with unknown skin number found, using default instead: 2

And this just repeats endlessly until I close the game, it slows it down so much it becomes unplayable. Thanks in advance for any advice!

My dogs work just fine, no issue with that aspect, just with farm animals.

Log : https://log.smapi.io/TVGJFWLk

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Lunawolf3511

Lunawolf3511 Void-Bound Voyager

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Lunawolf3511 That seems to be the wrong save. Can you send me Esther_196177081 instead of Esther_130513971?