RELEASED [SMAPI] More Animals 3.0.2

Because a single pet is never enough!

1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

2. Heartwerk

Heartwerk Void-Bound Voyager

But I explained SEVERAL times that the issues I'm having only happen when your mod is in my folder, and that it doesn't happen when I remove your mod. And yet, each time you completely disregarded what I said and focused exclusively on the error log, and when I followed up and stated I still had the exact same issue despite removing the apparent offending mods, you continued to ignore what I had to say and just blamed another mod instead. :(

That's why I felt ignored. Not because you focused on the error log, but because you appeared to disregard everything I had to say to go with it. :/

But it looks like this version fixes it? Thank you for doing that. This is a wonderful mod (there is no such thing as too many dogs!) and I really wanted to keep it.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I was not ignoring you, but perhaps I should have explained clearer that, since another mod was reporting errors, there was no way for me to debug things, thus me telling you to talk with the creators of those mods, since if the issue was caused by my mod, they would then be able to contact me and share the required details.

• AnnieAngel

AnnieAngel Orbital Explorer

Can i replace the ones already there (the ones between 1-9) with the ones i want? or do i have to add them as 10 or more?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You can replace and add, both are options. I simply bundle a few presets so that people uncomfortable with editing can instantly use the mod :)

• AnnieAngel

Ah! thank you very much for telling me^^ i was thinking that this was possible cause well, why not? But obviously i was afarid of screwing up my game so i decided to not be foolish and wait until a responseX3 so thanks agian for answering <3 oh! another quick question; dose it have to be 9 or more of each or could it only be like 3 or 5 of each instead? i mean it wont break or anything if i dont have a certain minium amount?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You can have anywhere from 0 to 4 billion skins for any animal or pet, as long as the part after the underscore (_) is a unique number, MoreAnimals will be able to correctly remember the skin.
              I must warn though, that if you remove a skin, pets and animals that have that skin will revert to the vanilla skin and output a error into the log saying that MoreAnimals expected a skin that doesnt exist anymore.

• AnnieAngel

Ah i see, thank you very much for your answer^^ it was very helpful.

• genman

genman Subatomic Cosmonaut

@Entoarox
                  sorry for bothering you :oops:, but I wonder if this mod has solved the problem that SMAPI console keeps reporting error messages repeatly and repeatly , and make SDV no response.

I once meet this condition and have not choice but removing MoreAnimal mod and delete all other pets via editing save file.

As I don't found any update information mentioned this problem , but other necessary part , Entoarx Framework & SMAPI have updated.
                  I suppose this bug might be solved.:confused:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This is 2 versions back now ;)

genman likes this.
                    • Frosthound

Frosthound Space Hobo

I assume the animal skins are added to the animal folder, but where do i place the box xnb and path object xnb. Also i get the error "[More Animals] The `AnimalsOnly` config option is set to `false`, yet no dog or cat skins have been found!" and wonder if i should set it to true.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

That is MoreAnimals telling you, "Hey, I am expecting at least 1 cat or dog skin, since you didnt tell me to not look, is this intentional?"
                        so, if you dont want to use cat or dog skins, you set the `AnimalsOnly` config option to `true`, this will disable the pet-related code in MoreAnimals (Including the box)

• Cactuars

Cactuars Scruffy Nerf-Herder

having an error in smapi :

This mod failed in the GameEvents.UpdateTick event. Technical details: System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare() at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNext() at System.Linq.Enumerable.<OfTypeIterator>d__93`1.MoveNext() at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source) at Entoarox.MorePetsAndAnimals.MoreAnimalsMod.GameEvents_UpdateTick(Object s, EventArgs e) in D:\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\StardewMods\MorePets\MoreAnimalsMod.cs:line 145 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent.Raise() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:line 110

https://log.smapi.io/01kAd3Ja

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Yeah sorry, but there is nothing I can do about that error, I've bumped it up to @Pathoschild in the hopes he could figure it out, and he didn't seem to understand what is causing it either.
                            Unless you can narrow down which mod is causing More Animals to encounter this error, I am afraid there just isn't anything that can be done :(

• scaldera93

scaldera93 Void-Bound Voyager

Is there a way to delete pets? Or choose specific skins? I tried removing the mod from my game directory but now I just have a vanilla cat and vanilla dog.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

There is a command to remove all custom pets, there also is a way to choose skins, it is called "Dont adopt the ones you dont want" - the same code for placing a pet will run even if the box isnt empty, the pet will just "move on" to another persons box, hoping they will adopt them instead.

• hwayunhae

hwayunhae Pangalactic Porcupine

Hmm. Forgive me if this has been answered before, but skimming the topic I failed to see if it had.

I was wondering if it would be possible, with the later versions of the game, to have this mod read .png files as well as xnb files for the animals? this would save a bit of a headache transferring content patched animals into your mod for use.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

not easily, since the way the code is setup requires all files to be the same type.
                                    I'd have to redesign how skins are handled to allow more then 1 type of file to be used, so dont expect such a feature any time soon.

hwayunhae likes this.
                                    • HalcyonEve

HalcyonEve Void-Bound Voyager

I love the idea of this mod, but so far it isn't working for me. I read through all the posts, and only one person had a similar issue with a prior version. The cardboard box appears and I get a hand icon when I hover over it, but nothing happens when I click on it. It's been several days now and still no pets for adoption. I've restarted the game a few times, and I'm not getting any errors in the SMAPI console, although there are a few warnings there. I have 2 mods that can be updated; at least one of them the update is for SDV 1.3 compatibility so it doesn't apply to me. I'm running SDV 1.2.33 with SMAPI 2.5.5. I have not altered the default settings. Is my character just really, really unlucky?

https://log.smapi.io/1FtaCyfY

ETA: Never mind, I guess she was just really unlucky. She finally found a pup!

Last edited: May 10, 2018
                                      • HalcyonEve

HalcyonEve Void-Bound Voyager