RELEASED [SMAPI] More Animals 3.0.2

Because a single pet is never enough!

1. nikkiblueeyes

nikkiblueeyes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I finally got my first chicken! I was so excited to see which skin it was going to have only to see that while the skin worked, it did not animate. The chicken is always in it's default facing forwards pose. The sprite will move around the coop, but the animation won't play.

I downloaded Alternate Chicken Colors https://rd.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/189 and I changed the names of the .xnb files to the necessary names:

BabyWhite Chicken_1.xnb
    BabyWhite Chicken_2.xnb
    BabyWhite Chicken_3.xnb
    White Chicken_1.xnb
    and so on within the "Stardew Vally/Mods/More Animals/skins" folder.

I went and got a second chicken to see if the lack of animation persisted and my second chicken (a brown chicken) animates fine. It ended up with the "default" skin while my first chicken was assigned "BabyWhite Chicken_3.xnb".

I did check to see if it was a problem with the Alternate Chicken Colors file by swapping out the "BabyWhite Chicken_3.xnb" file with a renamed default file straight from the "Stardew Valley/Contents/Animals" folder, but the lack of animation persists.

When I try to buy a third chicken, I get an infinitely repeating error in the log.

Not sure how to get my chicken animating properly or where I went wrong.

Log: https://log.smapi.io/rhVcGeuG

Kuro.6804 likes this.
    • Sharky222

Sharky222 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I'm really looking forward to this mod!

When I first boot up everything is fine and the box appears. After a two or three minutes of play the graphics start to chug and this error repeats. the game does not crash but it becomes unplayable.

Included is how More Animals, and !extoaroxFormat are nested inside my game files as well as the log. Let me know if this is a my end issue, thanks!

Attached Files:

• HafuPan

HafuPan Void-Bound Voyager

[Update]

The only problem with this mod for me is the Entoarox framework.
        it takes away my movement speed in one of my other mods.
        CjB Cheats Menu is stopped from enabling my quick movement speed &
        lastly,causes my game to crash when i sleep.

error says:
        https://log.smapi.io/5BLZWtFF

is my game not up to date??
        customFurniture & the framework i think causes my game to crash?

• luna_panshiel

luna_panshiel Pangalactic Porcupine

there's a movement speed mod FOR entoarox framework for that specific reason

also don't blame this mod for any issues you're having when SMAPI hasn't even loaded it:

22:10:42 ERROR SMAPI Skipped 1 mods:
          22:10:42 ERROR SMAPI More Animals 2.0.2 because it requires mods which aren't installed (Entoarox.EntoaroxFramework).

no framework, no mod, no error caused by this mod

• sugoitanoshii

sugoitanoshii Space Hobo

As soon as I start the game, this starts to appear in SMAPI console:

[21:35:45 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GameEvents.UpdateTick event:
            System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
            at Entoarox.MorePetsAndAnimals.MoreAnimalsMod.GameEvents_UpdateTick(Object s, EventArgs e)
            at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent(IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, EventArgs args) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 40
            System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
            at Entoarox.MorePetsAndAnimals.MoreAnimalsMod.GameEvents_UpdateTick(Object s, EventArgs e)
            at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent(IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, EventArgs args) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 40

and it keeps repeating until I close the game. The game doesn't crash, though.

Another weird bug is when I remove more animals and entoarox framework, my speed buff from foods no longer work properly. For example if I drink coffee I should get a speed +1 buff, and after that if I eat a crab cake I should get another speed +1 buff, which totals +2. With the two mods installed this works fine, but when I removed those mods I actually become slower when I have two speed +1 buffs. (If I only have one speed +1 buff, though, everything is fine.) I wonder if the mods do anything that prevent speed buffs working correctly without them once they're installed?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

No, there isnt, but I suggest checking if this doesnt happen with just vanilla (No SMAPI loaded at all)
              It might be that in making it so EntoaroxFramework accepted vanilla speed buffs I accidentally fixed a bug in vanilla without knowing it :p

• mashko

mashko Void-Bound Voyager

Also getting the error repeating infinitely with MorePets... Not sure if this was addressed?
                I've gone through 3 pages and have seen this error pop up once on page 20, just to be sure I'm posting my log below.
                Any idea why this error keeps popping up?

[19:28:46 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GameEvents.UpdateTick event:
                at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent(IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, EventArgs args) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 40​

LOG:
                https://log.smapi.io/L0mzdjTW

Edit: I have also tried to kill_pets, however all of my 4 cats are still there.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
                • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Known issue, but NRE's are a pain to debug, so dont expect a fix anytime soon.

• KakashiMugenjo

KakashiMugenjo Big Damn Hero

what a nice mod. ive always loved this mod even when it was first called more pets. but the problem is, now that its updated and now called more animals, its broken beyond belief. what the heck? it works fine before. im getting pretty much the same error as everyone. spamming smapi log, certain events are laggy(particularly the flower festival. dunno if this mod cause it or what though) and certain mod being broken altogether. cmon entoarox your mods are awesome. fixing this one would be much appreciated.

EDIT: i forogot to mention one funny bug, and that relates to pet duplication. i got me 1 kero-chan(ive got it as a separate mod but included it in the more animals pool). after 3 days after adoption, i got 3 more kero-chan walking about my farm for no reason. i did the kill_pets(as horrified i am) and it just make 2 more kero-chans.

• HafuPan

I am sorry you feel the need to be a bit snappy miss/mister.
                      i get it, a lot of people come aggressive or aren't negotiable
                      but i am just plainly asking for help in my situation.
                      If i was blaming this mod, i would have bluntly said so.
                      not wonder..

i took out the framework because the game would crash when i would sleep.
                      so i tried it without it and just custom furniture And it crashed again, then i took both out & it's working properly.
                      Maybe if you asked & read that i said " *the problem FOR ME* instead of assuming
                      i wasn't knowing what i was doing,
                      then you would know there more to this than what you think my situation/problem is like.

My game works well now and isn't having crashing problems since i removed the framework mod.
                      also please know that i'm new, I never acted once like i wasn't going to be negotiable,
                      and i don't exactly know everything about this framework.
                      i said it was a problem for ME. Only ME.
                      not that the mod itself was the problem.
                      thank you trying to help in your way
                      but i prefer to have a more polite discussion with someone who's not ticked off easily

have a nice day & hope i'll one day get polite help with someone who intends to help while giving a polite attitude back.

HopeWasHere likes this.
                      • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Perhaps if you took this to the correct place people would actually be less likely to think you as arrogant... ;)

• KakashiMugenjo

um... not to butt in but is this about me? sorry but i havent followed enough to know whats happening so whats happening mate?

• luna_panshiel

your post wasn't the one being quoted, so of course it isn't

• Los2tale

Los2tale Void-Bound Voyager

Did duck use babychicken skin or babyduck if i add duck skin?

<Update>

SMAPI spam error when buy new animal , after buy animal skin not applied must restart game to see a skin
                              and skin didn't work correctly it only has face forward sprite no other animation what i did wrong?

ps.sorry my bad english

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
                              • KakashiMugenjo

oh okay. i thought i offended someone somehow. anyways. i tried to add the moreanimals folder again and im still getting the smapi spam.

• nikkiblueeyes

nikkiblueeyes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have the same issue as Los2tale.

• HafuPan

i'm sorry i have no sense to be arrogant.
                                    i admittedly said " i'm new here" meaning i don't know much.
                                    and maybe if you could be more respectful to others than being stuck up & so tired of helping people with problems then maybe you would have more polite conversations.

please you correct labels when calling someone a certain thing
                                    because i am obviously not one bit full of myself or i would have said " you're mod is the problem " :nurucool:

ar·ro·gant
                                    ˈerəɡənt/
                                    adjective
                                    adjective: arrogant
                                    1. having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.
                                      "he's arrogant and opinionated"
                                      synonyms: haughty, conceited, self-important, egotistic, full of oneself,

• luna_panshiel

safe to say that definition properly describes your current behavior

• HafuPan

i can see now how i may have came across as arrogant without intending to do so.
                                        what i meant by "not knowing what i was doing" was to say that i wasn't that ignorant to not notice the framework wasn't in the file.
                                        not to act like i knew exactly what i was doing.

• HafuPan

But however
                                          i am not a arrogant person.
                                          I've been willing to negotiate in exchange for help.