RELEASED [SMAPI] MapLoader v0.2 - No Game File Map Modification

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 7H3LaughingMan, Apr 4, 2016.

1. 7H3LaughingMan

7H3LaughingMan Void-Bound Voyager

Current Release can be found here. https://github.com/7H3LaughingMan/SDV-Mapping/releases

It is official, MapLoader has been released and it allows Map Makers to release Map Modifications w/o players needing to edit their XNB files.

Requirements
    Stardew Modding API

How to Install
    Extract MapLoader.zip and place the MapLoader Folder inside the mods folder.

How to Use
    Download *.tdiff files from Map Makers and place inside the Mods\MapLoader\tDiff folder, these files should automatically be applied once you load a game or start a new game.

If you are a Map Maker and you would like to release any of your Map Modifications using MapLoader you are going to need to download MapDiff which is included as a seperate download with every release. This is a command line program that is rather simple to use.

First you are going to need the original map from Stardew Valley, it is going to have to unpacked already since you need the *.tbin file for MapDiff. You will also need the modified map as a *.tbin file. Once you have them you are going to put both of these files alongside MapDiff and run the following command.

Code:
    MapDiff OriginalMap.tbin ModifiedMap.tbin
    Make sure you replace the filenames with your filenames or else this won't work silly. But the first thing it is going to ask you for is the name of the map. This is going to be the internal name and you can use the following Google Sheets to figure out what name you should be using.

Map Names

At this time Farm Building Interiors are not going to work nor will the Mine since these maps can change based on the state of the game. This should work with any of the other maps fine. Once the program is done it will create a *.tdiff file that you can re-name to whatever you like and publish.

I would advise testing the map out first w/ MapLoader to make sure your changes work. It is also important to keep an eye on what is supported and not support since certain things might not work right now. The final suggestion that I have it to make small changes, this will help prevent conflicts. If you release small changes players can decide on the specifics of how they would like their game.

Supported
    Static Tiles
    Animated Tiles
    Water Tiles
    Path Objects (Objects spawned at the start of a new game)
    Tile Properties

Not Supported
    Adding, Deleting, Editing TileSheets
    Adding, Deleting, Editing Layers
    Changing Map Sizes
    Changing Map Properties

Changelog:
    v0.2 (April 11th, 2016)

- Added Support for Animated Tiles, Water Tiles, Path Objects, & Tile Properties

v0.1 (April 3rd, 2016)
    - Initial Pre-Release

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    • Goldenrevolver

Goldenrevolver Astral Cartographer

my feedback is simply that i cant wait and if u need any help hit me up. its a shame this isnt getting more attention

• 7H3LaughingMan

I am working on releasing support for Animated Tiles & Tile Properties. When the replacement for SMAPI is released even more features are going to be added since I will be able to edit the Map before the game even loads the Map.

• Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

Definitely interested and can't wait to see where this goes. I'm not sure what help I can provide, but I'm happy to help however I can.

• 7H3LaughingMan

With the official release of MapLoader I have included some basic Map Edits that you can download to see how MapLoader works.

Clean Farm
            - Removes the clutter that is created on your Farm at the start of a new game (Note: The game does spawn a few objects randomly at the start of the game and this can't be helped. But this will remove most of the stuff)
            Remove Greenhouse Rocks - This removes the rocks that are around the Greenhouse that prevents you from placing buildings, it also make the grass on the right-hand side stick out only 1 Tile.
            Remove Big Farm Lake - This removes the big lake on your farm and gives you some more land to till.

Acerbicon likes this.
            • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You wouldnt by chance have created a edit for the small lake to would you? :p

• Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

This is the one I made for myself, it's just for the small lake though. It's the only one that gets on my nerves >_>

Attached Files:

• Farm.zip
                    File size:
                    875 bytes
                    Views:
                • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

ty! :D

Acerbicon likes this.
                  • BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

Not Supported
                    Adding, Deleting, Editing TileSheets
                    Adding, Deleting, Editing Layers
                    Changing Map Sizes
                    Changing Map Properties

hmm seems like my mod hits about every single one of those 'not supported' bullet points other than map properties.

Bah what was I thinking last night, of course I change the map properties, that's one of the first steps, making AmbientLight Behave lol

Breaking all the rules and paying for it via forced understanding just how goofy tIDE and this game is.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016