RELEASED [SMAPI] Lookup Anything

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Faustian Echoes

Faustian Echoes Void-Bound Voyager

Fantastic. Obligatory Dragon Ball Z meme.
    [​IMG]

• brittpinkie

brittpinkie Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure how possible this would be, but I'd love to be able to F1 over lakes/rivers, etc. to see info on the body of water (maybe what kind of fish are inside at the time, which fish can be caught there in general) :)

Ladysarajane likes this.
      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@brittpinkie That's one of the items on my list of long-term ideas. :)

brittpinkie likes this.
        • Ichimatsu

Ichimatsu Pangalactic Porcupine

Just dropped by to say I cannot play without this mod now, lol. It's one of the things I didn't think I really needed until I tried it.
          Also, it looks like the next Stardew update will allow for localization. If you're planning on supporting that I could help with Spanish. :D
          Cheers

Pathoschild likes this.
          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Ichimatsu: thanks! Localising the mod will be lots of work (some code will need to be rewritten), but it's on my roadmap. :)

Ichimatsu likes this.
            • General Chaos

General Chaos Pangalactic Porcupine

I would like to make a suggestion. If I may it is something that always sorta nagged me. Is there anyway for the gifts info to show the icons the items instead of the names? For me at least it is hard to read the large list of names I think it would be easier if instead it showed the gifts as icons.

If you could do this, would it also be possible so that when you hover over the icon it says the name of it?. To add further since not everyone might be keen on what I am suggesting, making it have a configurable option to show the icons or not?

Really love the mod , this combined with gift helper,npc map locations, show item prices,calander anywhere, daily quest anywhere,simple crop label have all almost fully removed my need to have the wiki open which I love.

Pathoschild likes this.
              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thanks for the suggestions! It's a good idea, but I probably won't implement it unless many players want it. There are two constraints which apply:
                • The field value is rendered content. I can add icons, but they can't be clickable or have a tooltip. Supporting interactive field values would be useful, but it would also complicate the code a lot.
                • I'd rather minimise config options which add or remove features, and focus on the features and UX most players will use. Each new setting makes it harder to test before each release, since it introduces new permutations and side-effects.
                Those constraints mean the icons would always be shown alongside the item name, but that may be even harder to read.

General Chaos likes this.
                • General Chaos

General Chaos Pangalactic Porcupine

Understandable I didn't know what was involved with how the icon's worked in the GUI regarding the items. It would be far harder to look through the gift list if it showed icon + name. A shame but now I understand more about it. Thanks for explaining in your reply.

Pathoschild likes this.
                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Version 1.6 is now available on Linux, Mac, and Windows!

Release highlights:
                    • This is the first official release on Linux and Mac!
                    • Fruit trees drop better fruit as they age. Looking up a fruit tree now shows this:
                      upload_2016-10-25_21-19-34.png
                    • Looking up an item now shows whether you need it for a bundle or achievement, and who you can sell it to:
                      upload_2016-10-25_21-21-38.png
                    • You can now look up shop items, and you'll see how many you already own:
                      upload_2016-10-25_21-26-27.png

Changes in this release:
                    • Added support for Linux and Mac.
                    • Added item 'needed for' field for community center bundles, full shipment achievement, and polyculture achievement.
                    • Added item 'sells to' field.
                    • Added item number owned field.
                    • Added fruit tree quality schedule.
                    • Added support for looking up shop items.
                    • Added data.json validation on startup.
                    • Disabled lookups when game rendering mode breaks Lookup Anything (only known to happen in the Stardew Valley Fair).
                    • Fixed sale price shown for unsellable items.
                    • Fixed update-check error on startup adding scary error text in console.
                    • Fixed incorrect gift tastes by deferring more to the game code (slower but more accurate).
                    • Fixed error when looking up a villager you haven't met.
                    • Fixed error when looking up certain NPCs with no social data.
                    Feedback, suggestions, and bug reports are welcome here. :)

• MoogleDee

MoogleDee Void-Bound Voyager

Holy hell this is amazing. I thought this mod couldn't get any better and yet... damn yo. :DD

Pathoschild likes this.
                      • Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

Totally awesome! Love the bundle feature and the shipping feature!! So far, no bugs while playing.

Pathoschild likes this.
                        • Zaane

Zaane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Never knew how much I needed this mod till I tried it, and yet its still improving. Wonderful work :D

Pathoschild likes this.
                          • Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

Humbug...I think I found a bug. Some of the craftable machines are showing double of what I actually own. I have 4 furnaces, and it says I own 8. Worm bin, I have one, it says I have 2. I have 8 tappers it says 0. Kegs are weird too. It says I have 33. I actually have 18. Casks are not craftable, so they are correct. Crystalarium I have 2 and it says I have 4. Not a game breaker. Just something to squash later ;)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Ladysarajane Thanks for the details. I improved owned item counting in the upcoming 1.7 release, but it might take a few versions to iron out all the edge cases. :)

Ladysarajane likes this.
                              • Ichimatsu

Ichimatsu Pangalactic Porcupine

Would it be possible to make it so you can also press F1 in the social tab (just like when you browse your inventory, but to the portraits, not items), or it wouldn't work 'cause there's no popup/tooltip? :kitten2:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Ichimatsu: done in the upcoming 1.7 release. :)

GBDetective, Ichimatsu and MoogleDee like this.
                                  • raptorbacon

raptorbacon Intergalactic Tourist

I'm having an issue getting the mod to work on Linux. I'm not exactly sure what I did wrong or if I missed a step.
                                    After going to nexusmods and d/l'ing the SMAPI file and adding it to the Stardew Valley folder and then adding the mod to the mods folder it won't work for me. If I start it using Steam its vanilla Stardew Valley.
                                    If I try to use the modded SMAPI.exe either nothing happens or I get this error list :

Created log instance
                                    [08:17:54.166 PM] SDV Version: 1.11
                                    [08:17:54.166 PM] SMAPI Version: 0.40.0 1.1-3
                                    [08:17:54.174 PM] Validating api paths...
                                    [08:17:54.175 PM] Initializing SDV Assembly...
                                    [08:17:54.175 PM] Injecting New SDV Version...
                                    [08:17:54.175 PM] Starting SDV...
                                    [08:17:54.188 PM] Game failed to start: System.DllNotFoundException: ./lib64/libSDL2-2.0.so.0
                                    at (wrapper managed-to-native) Sdl:GetVersion (Sdl/Version&)
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform..ctor (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game game) [0x00033] in <79b368cbcac44b18bda81ffecb21dcb8>:0
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GamePlatform.PlatformCreate (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game game) [0x00000] in <79b368cbcac44b18bda81ffecb21dcb8>:0
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game..ctor () [0x001fb] in <79b368cbcac44b18bda81ffecb21dcb8>:0
                                    at StardewValley.Game1..ctor () [0x00028] in <6cde6bcb560a424292e3f3faca58247b>:0
                                    at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame..ctor () [0x00000] in <68bdc9d8947c4c208e829b2e48c29a6e>:0
                                    at StardewModdingAPI.Program.RunGame () [0x0004f] in <68bdc9d8947c4c208e829b2e48c29a6e>:0

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• raptorbacon

raptorbacon Intergalactic Tourist

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Try using the secret preview version of SMAPI 1.0, which officially supports Linux. If you created a "StardewValley.unmodded" backup, make sure to move it back to its original name first. Does that work better?