RELEASED [SMAPI] Lookup Anything

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Here's the third (and probably last) beta release.

Changes:
    • Fixed crop targeting (so you can point at any visible part of their sprite).
    • Fixed out-of-season crops in the greenhouse saying they can't grow.
    • Fixed missing description for stones and branches on the farm.
    • Cleaned up displayed fields:
      • Changed date fields from "in 3 days (summer 14)" to "summer 14 (in 3 days)".
      • Made fruit tree fields more consistent.
      • Simplified crop fields (e.g. "in 1 day" => "tomorrow", "every 1 day" => "every day", etc).
      • Moved crop fields above item fields.
    • Refactored and optimised under the hood.

To install this version:
    1. Install SMAPI 0.40+ (if you don't already have it).
    2. Unzip the attached mod into Stardew Valley/Mods.
    3. Run the game using SMAPI.
    (EDIT: see latest version.)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

The mod is now released on Nexus Mods!

Changes in 1.0:
      • Fixed debug mode being enabled on startup if there's no key binding for it.
      • Fixed incorrect next-harvest date for regrowing crops in some cases.
      • Added metadata for iridium ore.
      • Added metadata for branches in quarry.
      • Optimised performance.
      To install this version, see the mod page on Nexus Mods.

This is still the best place for feedback and suggestions. :)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
        Davrial, Acerbicon and foghorn like this.
      • bielz

bielz Void-Bound Voyager

http://prntscr.com/cjr8iw How to fix this? :/

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hello @bielz.

• Make sure you downloaded version 1.0 from Nexus Mods, not one of the beta releases in this forum thread. (I removed the beta downloads to prevent confusion.)
          • What version of SMAPI and Stardew Valley do you have? You can see that information at the top of the log, like this:

• bielz

bielz Void-Bound Voyager

hmm.
            [07:48:36.931 ] SMAPI Version: 0.40.0 Alpha
            [07:48:36.932 ] Validating api paths...
            [07:48:36.942 ] SDV Version: 1.05 i need SDV 1.07 to work? and i have version 1.0 from nexus but stills said you can update 0.3 to 1.0 version sorry for bad english i am brazilian

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@bielz: yep, you should update Stardew Valley to the latest version. (It would be hard to support older versions, since the mod interacts so much with the game code.)

I'll release 1.1 soon which (a) tells you if your game is out of date, and (b) fixes the version check issue you mentioned.

• bielz

bielz Void-Bound Voyager

its working now thank you. :3:3:3

Pathoschild likes this.
                • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Version 1.1 is now available on Nexus Mods.

Changes:
                  • Added an error if the game/SMAPI version is too old.
                  • When looking up an item, replaced the crafting recipe with a list of recipes which use this item:
                    [​IMG]

Davrial and bielz like this.
                  • SilentBearAnth

SilentBearAnth Void-Bound Voyager

So I didn't notice if you did this. But what about a progress version. It fills up as you discover things in game? For those that like experimenting but want the mod to save the data there character learned.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@SilentBearAnth: you can't unlock details as you discover them yet, but I definitely want to add that in a later version. It's a bit difficult because the game doesn't keep track of enough data (e.g. whether you've grown a given crop before), so the mod would need to add its own tracking logic. The 1.x versions will focus on improving the information that's shown; 2.0 will probably be about adding a progress mode.

• SilentBearAnth

SilentBearAnth Void-Bound Voyager

Alright thank you for clearing that one up ^_^ Ill be keeping my eyes on this mod. Good luck and thank you for making suck a great anti-wiki mod :rofl:

Pathoschild likes this.
                        • MoogleDee

MoogleDee Void-Bound Voyager

I registered just to say how much I love this mod. I rebound the lookup to a mouse button (which is bound to a different keystroke), but as a quality of life sort of thing, is there a way to rebind how to close the window? Or maybe make it so it shows the info as long as the key is held similar to Simple Crop Label?

Pathoschild likes this.
                          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@MoogleDee Thanks! As of the upcoming 1.2 release:
                            • Pressing the lookup button again will close the window.
                            • If you enable HideOnKeyUp in the config.json, the window will close automatically when you release the lookup key.

MoogleDee likes this.
                            • bielz

bielz Void-Bound Voyager

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Version 1.2 is now available! This release mainly adds more recipes, adds crop info to seeds, and adds an option to hide the lookup UI when you let go of the button.

Specific changes:
                                • On item lookup:
                                  • added crop info for seeds;
                                  • added recipes for the charcoal kiln, cheese press, keg, loom, mayonnaise machine, oil maker, preserves jar, recycling machine, and slime egg-press;
                                  • merged recipe fields;
                                  • fixed an error when displaying certain recipes.
                                • Added optional mode which hides the lookup UI when you release the button.
                                • F1 now toggles the lookup UI (i.e. will close the lookup if it's already open).
                                Here's an example of the improved 'recipes' field, which can be useful in deciding whether to keep an item for later or sell it:
                                [​IMG]

bielz, bulbaswat, Davrial and 2 others like this.
                                • BigE

BigE Void-Bound Voyager

Any ideas what the below error means and how to fix it? I play on Linux and the only 2 mods that has worked for me so far have been DailyQuest Anywhere and NPCMapLocations. I'm not sure if that helps or not.

Created psconfigs directory @/media/*****/Gamez/Stardew Valley/game/Mods/LookupAnything/psconfigs
                                  [08:02:35.493 PM] Failed to load mod '/media/*****/Gamez/Stardew Valley/game/Mods/LookupAnything/LookupAnything.dll'. Exception details:
                                  System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
                                  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
                                  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () <0x4135d730 + 0x00015> in <filename unknown>:0
                                  at System.Reflection.Assembly+<>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () <0x4135d550 + 0x00051> in <filename unknown>:0
                                  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Count[TSource] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) <0x4135d2c0 + 0x000be> in <filename unknown>:0
                                  at StardewModdingAPI.Program.LoadMods () <0x412e9d70 + 0x0061b> in <filename unknown>:0

Edit: Just noticed this in my log:
                                  SMAPI Version: 0.40.0 Alpha
                                  SDV Version: 1.08

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
                                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@BigE it looks one of the .NET assemblies (or the version used) isn't supported on Linux. I don't use Linux myself, so I'll need a bit of background information to look into it. Do you know how the game runs .NET — does it use Mono or Wine, or something else?

• BigE

BigE Void-Bound Voyager

I believe it's native port on Linux, but not 100% sure. I'll try to google it.

I had an older version of .net core on my machine dotnet-dev-1.0.0-preview1-002702. I'm upgrading to hope it fixes the error. Still trying to locate how to find out how a game uses .net on linux.

I located on Stardew Valley, I am using a linux port not wine.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
                                      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI issue #126 (Mac/Linux support) is relevant. Linux support seems to involve two things: (a) a custom version of SMAPI, and (b) recompiling the mod on Linux. The mod source is on GitHub if you want to try recompiling it; I'd be happy to upload a Linux build to Nexus Mods. Unfortunately I'm not a Linux user (and my PC can't run Linux due to hardware incompatibilities), so there'll be a steep learning curve before I can recompile it on Linux myself. :)

• BigE

BigE Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you, I'm trying to locate the Release app that @kozie used to compile the SMAPI for Linux. I do not have any programming experience, so sorry if I moving a bit slow.

I did take a look at the software you recommend to compile the code and they seem to be made for windows, which is why I was looking for what @kozie used.