RELEASED [SMAPI] Get Dressed

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Jinxiewinxie, Apr 19, 2016.

1. SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

There needs to be a "Love!" button, because that describes my feelings for the update since downloading it and testing it <3 From the time this mod first came out, it has been a serious quality-of-life improvement mod that found a permanent place in my mod list. I love the favorites option--now I can set up some outfits and easily switch between them (instead of guesstimating where the exact color I used was on the color scale x_X)~

komina12345, Advize and Jinxiewinxie like this.
    • ciphermandy

ciphermandy 2.7182818284590...

I cannot say enough about this mod. I have been using it for a while now, and I cannot play without it. It's one of my must haves. Thank you both for all of your hard work.

• jinxeysha

jinxeysha Space Hobo

SOOOOOOO im super happy that this released for 1.1 along with a new smapi
        but im having an issue and im not sure if its something i did or if its something corrupted with my files?
        so if someone can help??? Untitled.png

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

My guess is that you're still using an outdated version of the mod. Check both your %appdata%\StardewValley\Mods folder as well as your game's Stardew Valley\Mods directory to make sure you don't have any outdated versions conflicting with the new one.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Both Jinxie and I forgot to mention that the dresser now uses a .png file from the mod directory. This means you can replace or modify the image to customize the appearance of your dresser!

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
            • jinxeysha

jinxeysha Space Hobo

Oh my gosh i completely forgot about that!
              its working perfectly now thank you so much <3

Plookey78 likes this.
              • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Been working on an update that fixes some minor graphical mistakes such as:
                • Showing tooltips when hovering over the side tabs when they aren't present, such as when on the character customization and about tabs.
                • UI elements in the wrong locations after resizing the window.
                Also fixed some extremely rare edge case bugs, improved performance, and cleaned up / refactored the majority of the Menu code. The UI will appear the same but it has been redesigned almost from the ground up. Going to take a nap while Jinxie figures out the most efficient way to make tabs easier to click on (currently you need to click on the small icon on the tabs), and will hopefully get the update out by tomorrow evening sometime.

Thanks Jinxie! :p

• Plookey78

Plookey78 Orbital Explorer

Any way to make a mod to affect NPCs, like, give them multiple outfits and make them to dress differently in some occasions or even randomly? I am not good at moding but i would try anything if adding such features into game would be possible.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

It is entirely possible, but would require complete re-skins (texture replacements) of the NPCs which I believe is outside of our skillset. If someone was willing to draw these, however, we could easily swap the texture of an NPC to look differently on different days, occasions, etc.

lannihamm likes this.
                    • hurricaneginger

hurricaneginger Void-Bound Voyager

The mod was working fine then after decorating the house, the dresser disappeared; although, my farmer is still stuck in her skirt so the mod is still working, just the dresser isn't there.

I'm going to try removing the mod and re-installing it to see what happens, as well as move some furniture away from the dresser area. I just thought I'd stop by and give a bug report.

EDIT:
                      Okay, the dresser is still gone, but the "C" button still works. Although, none of my favorites are there.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
                      • Valerie Rainbow

Valerie Rainbow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My dresser also dissapeared, I dont know why, the first time I opened the game after adding the mod folder it was ok :(

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

I think the disappearance of the dresser may tie into the new house upgrade, with the Cellar. Since upgrading my house to contain a cellar, my dresser has also vanished.

EDIT: I also get this error:

[ERROR] Non-standard house upgrade level 3

My only guess is that it ties into this, since there was no "level 3" before (I count the upgrades as Level 0 [that you start off with], Level 1 [with the first kitchen], and Level 2 [the original final upgrade])

hurricaneginger likes this.
                          • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Ahhhh thank you for the quality bug report! I forgot there was a new house upgrade to account for. I'm glad I had the forethought to include that error message, it helps a lot. We'll tackle that problem starting next Monday.

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

I've also updated one of my house mods for someone and didn't take into account that there is now a cellar upgrade (actually I was completely unaware). I tried making warps and such but then again I didn't have a save that was upgraded and unmodified so I was blindly just replacing farmhouse1 with a latter upgrade which was most likely my problem. My question is: is there anything special you have to do to make this work correctly? I mean, with the upgrades in proper working order, that is. I did find my old save before adding a ton of smapi mods so I'll be testing later but figured I'd ask while I have internet.

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

^I didn't have any problems adding your attic to the second upgrade, haven't tried the extra room, though. You can grab an unmodded save from upload.farm to use for testing.

Androxilogin likes this.
                                • Androxilogin

Excellent, thanks for the heads up!

• hadenvoss

hadenvoss Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I had this same problem as well. Thank you for looking into it! :)

• hadenvoss

hadenvoss Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Where can i find your house mod?

• Androxilogin

No Kids Room Decor is all I have available at the moment. Add a room & Attic is done, I just haven't had a chance to upload it yet. They'll all be found on Nexus as soon as I get to an active connection. Search for Author "Plutey".

[EDIT] Links added. No Kids Room Decor updates added to Nexus, Extended Basement also added.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
                                          Katzvielle and hadenvoss like this.
                                        • Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

I thought it would be fixed when i did my house upgrade after this but the dresser was still replaced by the floor tiles?

Attached Files: