RELEASED [SMAPI] Get Dressed

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Jinxiewinxie, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

For the record, I have no formal programming education. As I told Jinxie, I just pretend I know how to program until my code works. I do pretty well and learn quickly though because it's all logic. Pretty much I just consider what I want to do, google up if it can be done / how, then adapt it to my current situation.

taintedwheat likes this.
    • foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

oh, well that's even more dope -- i have a hard time trying to teach myself anything that isn't art related. But I do definitely admire people who can teach themselves to code, play music, etc. that people dump money into specialty schools for. do you recommend anything to start from?

like i said, i just want to since i have to take two more upper div. gen ed classes for my major/grad, the other being ethnic studies

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Regardless of programming language, a learner typically starts by making a "hello world" program. This is the most basic of all programs, and all it does is print the words "Hello World!"

Hello world tutorials exist for every language out there, and though they're very limited in functionality, they serve as a great starting point because it guides you through the process of structuring a program (or a mod), what programs to use, how to configure them, and how to compile and test your code.

taintedwheat likes this.
        • taintedwheat

coolio! thanks! i'll look into it!

atm trying to get the hand of playing stellaris (its hella complicated, i've never played any of the crusader king games) and now I want to make a cutesy dog race for it

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

I'm playing Stellaris too. It was complicated as hell, but thankfully the tutorial system is really good. I recommend saving your same and then setting time progression to the fastest speed possible just to speed up gameplay and get a hang of things faster as the game starts off really slowly. If anything bad happens, you have a save game to fall back on.

taintedwheat likes this.
            • sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

Okay, so, uh. I was testing out my new farm cave hot spring mod (no custom assets yet, it's just a proof of concept at the moment) and this happened.
              [​IMG] [​IMG]
              Yeeeaaaah. Now to be sure it wasn't just funny coding I did on my end I tried it at the bath house too.

[​IMG]

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

I don't know what you're showing =/ That's just the base game.

• foghorn

I think something's going on with his face *points from far away* D:

• Jinxiewinxie

I don't think thats it. Face/eye situation is base game. The eyes go all "relaxed" looking. Looks wonky because he has blue eyes and blue hair, so the side of his hair covering his forehead make it look odd.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Both those are with unedited farmer_base and farmer_girl_base .xnbs.

• taintedwheat

Haha. I feel the concern because with the bangs like that and change into the pool makes ghost's char look like it just had a stroke.

...Only you can prevent pixel strokes.

- Strokey the Bear.

• sheetcakeghost

Oh man, it WAS the bangs. Like it did look like his eye was just melting off. MY BAD!

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                        • foghorn

Spoiler that creepypasta next time, sheetcake...sheesh o_O

sheetcakeghost likes this.
                          • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

So after doing some basic testing tonight, I'm pretty sure it'll work. If this all goes off without a hitch, we'll never need to go through the struggle of adding new tilesheets to locations ever again. We can patch in data from a .png file (the way this mod does), and even extend the size of an existing tilesheet should we need to. This will allow people to customize the look of their dresser.

• sheetcakeghost

May wanna toss a line in to let them adjust the location too. For the folks that are a little more technical.

• ThitPoulsen

ThitPoulsen Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thank youuuu, this is amazing <3

• Inccubus

Inccubus Star Wrangler

Just for completeness and increased immersion. ~_^

Also, I want the WizardShrine option to still have a purpose.

• Jinxiewinxie

Eh, WizardShrine doesn't have the gender icons. Here's what it looks like:

[​IMG]

XaviiKinz likes this.
                                    • mormszzz

mormszzz Void-Bound Voyager

Its no Fair Because this is for Womens only what about men :'(
                                      its embarrassing that the Wife only Be the only Hot one but not Men

• Jinxiewinxie

Lies and libel! Check out the Beta2 file! =) There are face and shoe and bottoms (even a skirt!) options for male characters =)

Nicole1990 and XaviiKinz like this.