RELEASED [SMAPI] Get Dressed

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Jinxiewinxie, Apr 19, 2016.

1. SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

Deleted the folder, started the game, selected a new accessory, saved and it's still the same...

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

Hmm, so you're not getting the name_XXXXXXX thing inside the psconfigs folder? Are you using a mod manager bychance?

• SasuraUchiha

Nope, I'm not getting the name_XXXXXX thing... And I just started using a mod manager, so no, till just right now (and I didn't even play with it yet) I wasn't using one...
        Well, I have many other mods... maybe something is causing this issue... But I can't imagine which one...
        Well, here is the list of my mods, maybe you will get something out of it:
        screen1.png

I don't think that simple retextures will add a problem...?

• Cerius

Cerius Void-Bound Voyager

I had the same problem at the other two people. The starter house has the dresser but my other save fully upgraded and married doesn't. I took items away from the area and slept then reloaded but it's still not there.

• Jinxiewinxie

Gosh, I wish I knew what was causing this. I'm unable to recreate it at all. The other two both gave me their saves and the dresser shows up just fine. Can you double check that you have the latest version of the file downloaded from the nexus?

One idea is that the game is taking a bit to load your saves, and basically skips the dresser loading because its taken so long. There is a workaround I can do in the code for this, but I'm not all that positive that its even the problem, unfortunately =(

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

holy crap it just dawned on me that i really want to like see how little facial piercings will look n____n (doubt a septum's gonna work, no nose front view.)

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

I noticed your Windows language is not English. Does your farmer's name (and consequentially, your save folder and file name) have strange non-English characters in them? It's possible that SMAPI's config system is unable to get the path to your save folder properly, and instead returns "" as a string for the per-save config filename instead of your save's folder name. This results in ".json" rather than (for example) "Bob_116468624.json".

• taintedwheat

Dunno if this has ever been addressed, but if you decide to get dressed prior to leaving your house at least once the game will crash.

This has happened in like four instances, and didn't want to say something until I was sure. Is it because technically you're supposed to get changed at the wizard's?

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Nope. It's odd that the game would crash upon leaving the house. It's possible you're using a mod subscribed to LocationEvents.CurrentLocationChanged that does something when the player changes locations, and for some reason or another there is a conflict between it and this mod.

• taintedwheat

• Jinxiewinxie

Try removing Advanced Location Loader and see if still does it.

• SasuraUchiha

No, my farmers Name is Miriam...

• taintedwheat

I tried that it didn't work u__u

EDIT: super weird, i open a chest before i go outside everything is fine?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
                          • Cerius

Cerius Void-Bound Voyager

I downloaded it today, so unless it's not compatible with SMAPI 4.0 I can't see any reason it wouldn't work. None of my mods affect anything to do with the farmhouse.

• SasuraUchiha

Don't know why, but suddenly my character has the blush I used... Even though I played the last in-game days without o_O It just appeared after sleeping. But there still is no psconfig data... Mysterious...

EDIT: And when I restart the game, it's still missing... I'm confused.

• Jinxiewinxie

THERE HAS BEEN AN UPDATE!

Please download the most recent file available on the nexus page (here's the link, for ease of access). If you are using a previous version, it is highly recommended that you update.

Changelog:
                                4/23
                                Version 1.3 Redesigned from the ground up to correct most, if not all issues. Dresser should now load under all circumstances and will also properly appear on the day a house is upgraded.

Advize likes this.
                                • Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

I was having problems with the last update but with this new one, all those problems are gone :D Now I have the dresser in all my saves and especially my most progressed one. Thanks again!

Advize and Jinxiewinxie like this.
                                  • Jinxiewinxie

Advize and I are working on ANOTHER update!

Here's a WIP video:

You might need to watch it in full screen to see the changes in the player portrait.

There are two faces- (normal and round)
                                    three noses- (normal, button, anime)
                                    four bottoms- (normal pants, plain skirt, lacey skirt, apron skirt)
                                    two shoes- (normal boots, short shoes so you can see the leg)

I'm still working on editing textures to include all the skirt types I'd like (planning on adding the long dress, the shorts, etc. etc.). Does it look good so far?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
                                    • taintedwheat

JINXIE. YES. Thank you!
                                      THIS IS GREAT.

YOU ARE A BEAST.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

All character customization appears on the load game screen as well :)