RELEASED [SMAPI] Get Dressed

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Jinxiewinxie, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

WHAT? xD That's MY mod!
    (the look on my face when I saw my own dressers lol)
    Why does it work for you but it still doesn't work for me?
    So not fair. :p
    I have 3 save files. One file with the default house, another with the 1st upgrade and another with the last house upgrade.
    The dresser is only showing on the default house, as soon as I apply the 1st upgrade, it vanishes.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
      Zalkyria likes this.
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

The SMAPI 1.3 release makes crossplatform mods much easier. You no longer need to create separate versions for Linux and Mac; SMAPI will rewrite the DLL for compatibility. The only change that should be needed is to use Path.Combine when building file paths, since Linux and Mac don't use '\' as a file separator. Here's the relevant error on Mac:

Code:
      [17:07:04 ERROR GetDressed] Could not find either the accessories file or the menuTextures file.
      [17:07:47 ERROR GetDressed] Could not find base file
      [17:07:47 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GameEvents.UpdateTick event:
      System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/Users/mitchell/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Contents/MacOS/Mods/GetDressed\overrides\/male_faces.png".
        at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) <0x1075bf770 + 0x0022f> in <filename unknown>:0
        at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode) <0x1106eb8c0 + 0x0005d> in <filename unknown>:0
        at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode)
        at GetDressed.GetDressed.PatchTexture (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D& targetTexture, System.String overridingTexturePath, Int32 sourceID, Int32 targetID, Int32 gridWidth, Int32 gridHeight) <0x1633f75a0 + 0x000b6> in <filename unknown>:0
        at GetDressed.GetDressed.FixLoadGameMenu () <0x15e848ae0 + 0x006be> in <filename unknown>:0
        at GetDressed.GetDressed.Event_UpdateTick (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) <0x15e848650 + 0x00060> in <filename unknown>:0
        at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent (IMonitor monitor, System.String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, System.Object sender, System.EventArgs args) <0x1101c5610 + 0x00127> in <filename unknown>:0 

• chroniclesof

chroniclesof Void-Bound Voyager

Have you fixed it yet? I love the mod and am sad I cant use it after upgrading my house ):

• oldfarmer93

oldfarmer93 Void-Bound Voyager

You can still use the mod, even if the dresser doesn't appear. Just press C while you're in the house.

• chroniclesof

chroniclesof Void-Bound Voyager

I completely forgot about that ^_^ Thanks

• Katviar

Katviar Space Hobo

I don't now if I'm just an idiot or what but I can't get it to work? I'm a brand new player (like just downloaded the game. I saw some friends play it and saw some demos and let's plays of it so I decided to get it for myself).

I downloaded the latest SMAPI and a few other mods like endurance, exp bars, and a few graphic stuff like extra accessories and a different house color. So far everything else seems to work but this?

In my downloads folder is the SMAPI folder and I dropped the Get Dressed folder into the Downloads/SMAPI/Mods bit.
              - Did not work

So I put it in appdata/roaming/svmp/mods ?? Also did not work???? I don't see a SMAPI thing in the appdata roaming for stardew valley and I tried downloading the mop packager thing but didn't understand how to work it :/ I have 1.3 SMAPI and I have the latest edition of SDV. Literally downloaded, installed, and played the first 'day' of the game while testing out all the mods, and so far they all seem to be working but this one. I can list the mods I installed if that will help?

There's no dresser inside the house and when I press C the entire game just shuts down/vanishes, no crash error or anything it just goes ZIP-BYEBYE. Could anyone please help me or walk me through this :( ?

Attached the program log that was coming up in APPDATA roaming if that helps?

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Katviar:
                • Make sure you don't put any mods in appdata, SMAPI doesn't support those anymore. All mods should be in the game's Mods folder.
                • The Chest Label System mod isn't compatible with the latest version of the game. Try replacing it with Chests Anywhere instead, which also adds labels.
                • It looks like the GetDressed mod is missing the Mods\GetDressed\overrides\female_faces.png file. Make sure you installed all the files; if you used a mod manager, try installing it manually.

• Katviar

Katviar Space Hobo

@Pathoschild
                  Ahhh okay I'm gonna test all this now and let you know if I got it. Thank you for the help!!! Sorry for being such noob.

ETA: Okay yes :D!!! that did in fact work!!! Thank you so much! One last question I had some hairstyles and shirts downloaded that were put into content and prior they were working but now they aren't showing up. In the early posts the creator says to put them into the appdata but I know that the SMAPI doesn't use the appdata one now so where would I put the new hairstyles & shirts .xnb files so that they work with Get Dressed?

http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/91/? fyi this was the hairstyles I had added it's in content/farmer/ as hairtyle.xnb and
                  http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/163/? and I used the shirts.xnb from this (not the hair though because I don't now how to merge hair xnb stuff yet).

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
                  • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Actually, Mariano updated the Chest Label System mod to be compatible with the 1.1 mod. But I hadn't noticed that the Chests Anywhere mod also allowed renaming the chests and I was using both mods. I guess now I can just have one of them and simplify things. :D

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Anything that previously went into %APPDATA%/StardewValley/Mods can be moved into <game path>/Mods (though XNB files usually replace game files instead). I can't really help if that doesn't work, since I'm not familiar with the Get Dressed mod. :)

Thanks! I'll let people know about the new version when they report problems with Chest Label System.

• NatsumeAshikaga

NatsumeAshikaga Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having an issue with this mod on Linux, it keeps returning this error:

Code:
                        [12:30:26 ERROR GetDressed] Could not find base file
                        [12:30:26 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GameEvents.UpdateTick event:
                        System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/home/morgan/GOG Games/Stardew Valley/game/Mods/GetDressed\overrides\/female_faces.png".
                          at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) <0x41490e90 + 0x001df> in <filename unknown>:0
                          at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode) <0x417e5970 + 0x00057> in <filename unknown>:0
                          at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode)
                          at GetDressed.GetDressed.PatchTexture (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D& targetTexture, System.String overridingTexturePath, Int32 sourceID, Int32 targetID, Int32 gridWidth, Int32 gridHeight) <0x4182da20 + 0x0009b> in <filename unknown>:0
                          at GetDressed.GetDressed.FixLoadGameMenu () <0x417219e0 + 0x007ab> in <filename unknown>:0
                          at GetDressed.GetDressed.Event_UpdateTick (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) <0x417214e0 + 0x0004b> in <filename unknown>:0
                          at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent (IMonitor monitor, System.String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, System.Object sender, System.EventArgs args) <0x41643670 + 0x00116> in <filename unknown>:0 

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

While this mod was updated for 1.1, it wasn't updated for the latest versions of SMAPI which adds Linux and Mac support. I finally got around to updating it and I'll be releasing it shortly. This should resolve your issue.

NatsumeAshikaga likes this.
                          • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

I'm unable to update the post here until Jinxie comes back, but the mod has been updated with fixes for the latest house upgrade as well as cross-platform support (hopefully).

The latest version can be downloaded from the Nexus.

Minakie and NatsumeAshikaga like this.
                            • NatsumeAshikaga

Yes! Thank you! Thank you so much for updating this! I was a bit worried that this mod might have been forgotten.

Anyways... Tested this with SDV 1.11 on Lubuntu 14.04 and everything works, no errors returned at all! Would test on Mac for you, but I don't have one.

Advize likes this.
                              • Haindash

Haindash Aquatic Astronaut

Hi,

I have SPAMI 1.4 and running the latest Stardew Valley Steam version - 1.11 - and this mod doesn't work for me. :(
                                I can open up the "Get Dressed" window with C, but as soon as I touch something the game freezes and I have to quit.
                                The SMAPI window also tells me lots of errors.
                                I was using Get Dressed 3.2 that I've found on Nexus
                                I'm on Mac.

Anything about this issue?

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
                                • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Hi Haindash, I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm unable to test the mod on Mac so I can't even confirm yet that it works. Could you show me your SMAPI error log? I believe you can find it here:
                                  Code:
                                  ~/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs/MODDED_ProgramLog.Log_LATEST.txt
                                  For more info on how to find your error log, this resource may help: http://canimod.com/guides/smapi-faq#where-is-my-error-log-and-how-do-i-share-it

• NatsumeAshikaga

It would help a lot if you could post the error log from SMAPI. To find your error log on Mac, use this method:

~/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs/MODDED_ProgramLog.Log_LATEST.txt
                                    (The folder is hidden by default. From Finder, click Go » Go to Folder and enter “~/.config”.)

(finding the error log message credit goes to the SMAPI canimod.com page found here: http://canimod.com/guides/smapi-faq#where-is-my-error-log-and-how-do-i-share-it)

• Haindash

Does that help ?

Thanks a lot for responding!

Attached Files:

• NatsumeAshikaga

As best I can tell, it looks like you're missing a dependency, specifically this: libgdiplus.dylib

Also, since you're running 12 mods, you may be experiencing a mod conflict somewhere. Removing other mods then putting them back one at a time might identify which is causing the crash if any of them are.

• Haindash

Hi again,

So I've removed all the mods and kept only Get Dressed and TrainerMod, I still have this error.
                                          I can open the "dresser-window" with C and was able to change skin color, but for example "bottom" freezes the game.

I've updated brew on my Mac and did this: brew cask install mono-mdk
                                          but I don't seem to know how to put that thing libgdiplus.dylib....
                                          I tried to follow some stuff from here: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/1272

Attached Files: