RELEASED [SMAPI] Furniture Anywhere 1.1.5

Now you can furniturize the world to your hearts content!

1. PeterPants

PeterPants Void-Bound Voyager

My bad :p but great mod anyways :D

• Ajajane

Ajajane Big Damn Hero

Does it not work with the beta/multiplayer? This is exactly what I've been looking for so I'm curious.

• -DSG-Flynx

-DSG-Flynx Void-Bound Voyager

Can someone help me? So I downloaded this and put it in my mods folder. Game loaded up fine, no problem. But its acting as if the mod isn't there. Like nothing has changed. Still can't place furniture outside.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

If you are using the 1.2 release version of SDV, then please provide your https://log.smapi.io

If you are (As I am guessing) using the 1.3 beta, then you are unfortunately going to have to wait, I am not updating my mods until I can be assured that the code of 1.3 is stable enough that I wont end up having to rewrite my mod a dozen times as ChuckleFish fixes bugs.

• insignifigantis

insignifigantis Void-Bound Voyager

Is it compatible with 1.3 beta????

• Korizain

Korizain Space Hobo

Not compatible ATM but hopefully soon, really want this for a ton of reasons.

Keep up the good work!!

• Planescaped

Planescaped Void-Bound Voyager

When I first played this game I tried putting that chicken statue outside my coop only to find I couldn't.

There's a lot of furniture that looks way better outside, and it lets you really customize and make your farm feel like home. Glad to hear that this is going to be updated. I don't mind waiting.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
                • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I fear you will likely have to wait long for this one, I want to make it work better (and be more compatible with other mods), so I will have to rewrite how the mod works quite heavily to make it work.
                  Still, thanks for your support, and hopefully I can give you the awesome mod you want! :)

• flyinghusky

flyinghusky Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! Any news on when is this going to get an update to become compatible with SDV v1.3.28? I just started playing SDV again after a couple of years and would really love to place furniture outdoors. This mod sounds amazing. Sadly, it's not compatible with the current version of the game when I looked. Here's to hoping an update comes out soon.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

https://community.playstarbound.com...tardew-valley-1-3.142524/page-28#post-3306629

I am currently not able to handle the work myself, so Slamerz was kind enough to provide 1.3 compatible updates :)

hatmouse likes this.
                      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Furniture Anywhere 1.1.6 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3.30+ only.)

Release notes:
                        • Updated for Stardew Valley 1.3.
                        • Fixed Linux/Mac compatibility.
                        • Removed custom update checks; replaced by standard SMAPI update alerts.
                        • Refactored internally.
                        (It's only on Nexus since I don't have access to update the Chucklefish mod page, but Entoarox is welcome to upload it here too.)

• hadesxpluto

hadesxpluto Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! I just wanted to give a heads-up because my save file just got corrupted randomly (rip those ~50 hours of my life) This is the error code I'm stuck with now:
                          This was the initial error code:

[game] System.InvalidOperationException: There was an error generating the XML document. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: There was an error generating the XML document. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: The type Entoarox.FurnitureAnywhere.AnywhereFurniture was not expected. Use the XmlInclude or SoapInclude attribute to specify types that are not known statically.
                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterObject.Write15_Item(String n, String ns, Item o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterObject.Write30_Chest(String n, String ns, Chest o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterObject.Write49_Object(String n, String ns, Object o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterObject.Write50_Object(Object o)
                          --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                          at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, String encodingStyle, String id)
                          at StardewValley.SerializableDictionary`2.WriteXml(XmlWriter writer) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SerializableDictionary.cs:line 85
                          at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationWriter.WriteSerializable(IXmlSerializable serializable, String name, String ns, Boolean isNullable, Boolean wrapped)
                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write65_Shed(String n, String ns, Shed o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write106_GameLocation(String n, String ns, GameLocation o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write58_Building(String n, String ns, Building o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write60_Farm(String n, String ns, Farm o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write106_GameLocation(String n, String ns, GameLocation o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write132_SaveGame(String n, String ns, SaveGame o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write133_SaveGame(Object o)
                          at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, String encodingStyle, String id)
                          at StardewValley.SaveGame.<getSaveEnumerator>d__52.MoveNext() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 330
                          at StardewValley.SaveGame.<>c__DisplayClass50_0.<Save>b__0() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 115
                          at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
                          at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
                          [SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden update loop: System.InvalidOperationException: There was an error generating the XML document. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: There was an error generating the XML document. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: The type Entoarox.FurnitureAnywhere.AnywhereFurniture was not expected. Use the XmlInclude or SoapInclude attribute to specify types that are not known statically.
                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterObject.Write15_Item(String n, String ns, Item o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterObject.Write30_Chest(String n, String ns, Chest o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterObject.Write49_Object(String n, String ns, Object o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterObject.Write50_Object(Object o)
                          at StardewValley.SerializableDictionary`2.WriteXml(XmlWriter writer) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SerializableDictionary.cs:line 85
                          at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationWriter.WriteSerializable(IXmlSerializable serializable, String name, String ns, Boolean isNullable, Boolean wrapped)
                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write65_Shed(String n, String ns, Shed o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write58_Building(String n, String ns, Building o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write60_Farm(String n, String ns, Farm o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write132_SaveGame(String n, String ns, SaveGame o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write133_SaveGame(Object o)
                          at StardewValley.SaveGame.<Save>d__50.MoveNext() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 143
                          at StardewValley.Menus.SaveGameMenu.update(GameTime time) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\SaveGameMenu.cs:line 63
                          at StardewValley.Menus.ShippingMenu.update(GameTime time) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\ShippingMenu.cs:line 263
                          at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 1863
                          at Update_Patch1(Object gameTime, GameTime )

And this is the code I get stuck with after trying to fix it:

[16:02:48 ERROR game] Exception occured trying to access file 'C:\Users\liche\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves\Hades_197491044\SaveGameInfo'
                          [16:02:48 ERROR game] System.InvalidOperationException: The specified type was not recognized: name='AnywhereFurniture', namespace='', at <Item xmlns=''>.
                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderFarmer.Read37_Item(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderFarmer.Read67_Farmer(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderFarmer.Read68_Farmer()

Edit: so I managed to fix it by opening my save file and CTRL+F "AnywhereFurniture". Then I deleted that item entry (it was Needlepoint Flower) and all was well again! Yay :)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
                          • Amu Tsukiyomi

Amu Tsukiyomi Master Chief

Does anyone know why the furniture I place outside of my house refuses to be removed either by trying to pick it up or trying to hoe/pickaxe/axe it up?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Did you remove Furniture Anywhere? Because that error is saying that the custom item type used to make furniture work anywhere is not able to be loaded.
                              It is even more strange you are even encountering this error, because Furniture Anywhere should remove any custom item references before saving happens :S

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Mistiel

Mistiel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So apparently this mod conflicts with TMXLoader, as I can no longer put furniture outside or in any other building other than the farmhouse without getting blocks of red error text and the data not saving (so it's gone when I exit and reload the game). Will there be a fix for this? Or is there another mod or mods that allow outdoor furniture?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Complain to the author of TMXLoader & PyTK, any mod which adds custom objects and does not use his API to do so is incompatible with TMXLoader because of how he handles it.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

TMXLoader uses SMAPI's save event to remove custom locations, but that can happen before custom items in those locations are removed, should make the issue immediately obvious right? :)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Entoarox So if we add OnRemovingLocation and OnAddingLocation events to PyTK's mod-provided API, can you run your custom item logic for those custom locations then?