RELEASED [SMAPI] Furniture Anywhere 1.1.5

Now you can furniturize the world to your hearts content!

1. Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I think what Ento meant to say is that he replicated what you did in his game, but his game didn't crash.

pengkuang12 likes this.
    • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

^ THAT, and I have no clue as to WHY the difference....

pengkuang12 likes this.
      • Almonda

Almonda Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really love the idea of being able to decorate outside, but sadly, I am also having the problem with the game crash right when the game tries to save. I tried placing the bear statue on different spots on my farm, e.g. right in front of the house or near the right farm entrance, because I thought a reason might be me using a modded mine farm map and the mod not recognizing those parts on the map that do not belong to the vanilla map...but this doesn´t seem to be the problem, because it still crashed.
        I´ll upload the error log, maybe it might be of some help.

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Sadly there is nothing I can do for you, while I know what causes the issue, I do not know how to solve it, since it only happens to some people, and I have no idea what causes it to happen to only them. :(

• Almonda

Almonda Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok..still, thank you. I will just try the mod later on again..maybe it will work then for me.:D

• chroniclesof

chroniclesof Void-Bound Voyager

The second I try to place furniture outside my game freezes (as opposed to freezing overnight?) and I have to kill it. I can see you are already looking into it. Er heres a thing
              upload_2016-12-10_21-11-0.png

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Full log file please, I cant attempt to solve your issue if I dont have all the information...

• chroniclesof

chroniclesof Void-Bound Voyager

In my attempt to find out what a log file is, I figured out the issue. Thanks

• joyous.ariella

joyous.ariella Space Penguin Leader

Hey @Entoarox, my game crashes running this mod when I try to save at the end of the day, any thoughts?
                    Full SMAPI log below. Error occurs at [02:52:27 ERROR SMAPI]

EDIT: attached as a .txt because the forum turned stuff into emojis lol
                    -Ariella

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• joyous.ariella

Oh :/ Maybe it's a conflict with another mod? I use... 27 is the number atm lol

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

No, it just happens to some people but not others, even if its the only mod installed.

Just in case it helps, what OS are you using?

• joyous.ariella

Windows 10 Home

Entoarox likes this.
                            • TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just lost a 2 hour long day (timestop, hurr) due to this. Occurred because I placed a furniture item outside on the farm apparently.
                              Never before have I kicked a mod out of my load order so easily. God am I fucking mad.
                              Code:
                              [13:05:14 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.InvalidOperationException: There was an error generating the XML document. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: There was an error generating the XML document. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: The type Entoarox.FurnitureAnywhere.AnywhereFurniture was not expected. Use the XmlInclude or SoapInclude attribute to specify types that are not known statically.
                                 at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterObject.Write36_Object(String n, String ns, Object o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                                 at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterObject.Write37_Object(Object o)
                                 --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                                 at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, String encodingStyle, String id)
                                 at StardewValley.SerializableDictionary`2.WriteXml(XmlWriter writer)
                                 at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationWriter.WriteSerializable(IXmlSerializable serializable, String name, String ns, Boolean isNullable, Boolean wrapped)
                                 at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write63_Farm(String n, String ns, Farm o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                                 at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write90_GameLocation(String n, String ns, GameLocation o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                                 at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write137_SaveGame(String n, String ns, SaveGame o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                                 at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write138_SaveGame(Object o)
                                 --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                                 at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, String encodingStyle, String id)
                                 at StardewValley.SaveGame.<getSaveEnumerator>d__46.MoveNext()
                                 at StardewValley.Menus.SaveGameMenu.update(GameTime time)
                                 at StardewValley.Menus.ShippingMenu.update(GameTime time)
                                 at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime)
                                 at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                                 at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Inheritance\SGame.cs:line 334

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Clearly labelled on the download page:
                                Warning: This mod is VERY experimental, it will not work at all for some people, and at the current time no solution to this problem is known.

• TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your warning label needs an update.
                                  "It's gonna crash during saving, wasting your entire day, not during boot, so test it on a dummy file"

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

People are expected to do that every time they install a new mod, just because individual mods are free of issues, doesn't mean that multiple mods cant collide and cause problems the developers could not predict....

Androxilogin likes this.
                                    • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I second Ento on this one.

When you use mods, as soon as you use more than 1 things can go wrong. It is possible for 2 mods to work perfectly fine on their own when you try one at the time but then conflict with one another once you try to use them both.

It is also possible, even if you have no mods installed and you are trying out your very first mod #1, for issues to occurred with that mod, even if no one has ever reported having issues with that mod before. Sadly, someone will be the 1st.

When it comes to modding a game, there is no such thing as being "too careful" or having "too many backups". Always play it safe.

And even more when the mod is already known for causing issues. At that point, it is your decision to instal it or not and you do it at your own risk.

Also, known issues or not, there is no law that states mod makers/coders need to put warning disclaimers on their mods. They do so out of the kindness of their own hearts and they always try their very best to get any issues solved as fast as they can. Regardless, they are still only human.

But the safety of your content is always your responsibility. You're the one who will lose your entire gameplay (sometimes more than just a day if the entire save file becomes corrupt) if anything goes wrong, so you need to be the first to make sure you always have a plan B, C and D if anything goes wrong. 'Cause sadly, even the nicest mod creator can't do much for you if stuff like this happen. So always play safe and be super duper paranoid :D

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

For people who have save issues, please try using the very latest version of EntoFramework and see if that fixes things for you!

• queertactics

queertactics Subatomic Cosmonaut

dude i can't believe people get so mad at you for mod crashes. you're releasing this stuff for free. like?? what the heck.

I'm also having problems tho. Updated to the latest SMAPI and EntoFramework to check if that was the problem, but it kept happening. Attached a .txt of my most recent log, and here's a pastebin link just in case: http://pastebin.com/QdavVDLL

Attached Files: