RELEASED Farmer to Florist 1.2

Adds new flowers to the game and new things to do with them!

1. Kildarien

Kildarien Void-Bound Voyager

Kildarien submitted a new mod:

[SMAPI] Farmer to Florist - Adds new flowers to the game and new things to do with them!

Read more about this mod...

• Kildarien

Farmer to Florist Patches

More Crops Mod Compatibility Patch

MCM Thread
      Latest Update for MCM

Installation instructions:
      • Download and install Farmer to Florist as well as any accessory mods
      • Download and unzip the MCM Compatibility Patch attached to this post
      • Copy the Compatibility Patch files to their respective locations (i.e., any files in FtF-MCM Patch/Content/Data should go into Stardew Valley/Content/Data.)
        • Several Stardew Valley files will be overwritten while installing Farmer to Florist and some of those same files will be overwritten a second time when installing the MCM Compatibility Patch. This is to be expected.
      • Play Stardew Valley!
      Notes:
      • I have removed the MCM violet and MCM coffee from the patch. I figured having two violet plants and two coffee plants was a little redundant.
      • You should be able to use MCM fruits, vegetables, and flowers with the machines included in Farmer to Florist
      • MCM has not been integrated any further into the game than it already was. This means, among other things:
        • MCM flowers (pink cat, blue mist) probably won't make special honey
        • MCM rice, sugar cane, and cotton cannot be turned into vanilla Stardew's rice, sugar, and cloth, respectively. This has always been the case, but it's one of the big things that bugs me about MCM so maybe I'll make an all-in-one MCM mill some day.

Non-SMAPI Patch

Installation Instructions:
      • Download and install Farmer to Florist
        • Only install the files in Farmer to Florist/Content. You can ignore the Mods folder.
        • Do not install any of the "required mods" listed on the mod page.
      • Download and unzip the Non-SMAPI Patch attached to this post
      • Copy the Non-SMAPI Patch files to their respective locations (i.e., any files in Non-SMAPI Patch/Content/Data should go into Stardew Valley/Content/Data.)
      • Play Stardew Valley!
      Notes:
      • You need to start a new character if you're playing with this version of Farmer to Florist as crafting recipes for the new seeds are sent via mail on particular days in the first two years.
      • This does not include the flower processing machines, since I don't know of a way to make those functional through .xml modding
      • All other parts of this mod should be included and functional, including the new flowers, cooking recipes, and potted plants.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
        Feenie13 likes this.
      • Orion and Dog

Orion and Dog Void-Bound Voyager

I love it! Finally more flower mods! <3

But it's saying on SMAPI that neither of the mods this package includes have a manifest. Maybe I installed it wrong?

LadyE and Kildarien like this.
        • Kildarien

If you haven't already, you need to download and install Shop Expander (+Entoarox Framework) and Custom Farming (+CustomElementHandler) separately, then add the Farmer to Florist/Mods files to those folders. Links to those things should be toward the bottom of the mod page.

If you've done that and it's still not working, let me know. Probably means I missed something in the upload.

• Orion and Dog

Orion and Dog Void-Bound Voyager

Hah, that did it! Sorry, I didn't look close enough at the mod download page - I was focused more on this thread. Thanks!

• Kildarien

Sweet. Hopefully everything works from here on out, and I hope you enjoy playing with it!

• Stardews

Stardews Void-Bound Voyager

this is so pretty i want to cry. ♡

Kildarien likes this.
                • Floressa

Floressa Aquatic Astronaut

This is super lovely thank you. :)

Kildarien likes this.
                  • FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

@Floressa Check the Seasonal Immersion ContentPack you're using for Craftables_indoor and Craftables_outdoor files; there are a couple things you can do:
                    1. Remove them from every Seasonal folder in the ContentPack.
                    2. Merge the additions from Craftables.xnb from this mod to every Craftables_indoor and Craftables_outdoor files in the ContentPack.
                    EDIT: It seems you deleted your last post here?

Floressa likes this.
                    • Floressa

Hi FieryChaos I did as I figured out the fact that the content packs have a craftables. Thanks so much for your fix, I manged to fix mine before I saw your post and when I deleted mine I did not see your reply, I am very sorry to cause confusion. I just merged the craftables into every season.

• Flumme

Flumme Subatomic Cosmonaut

Kildarien likes this.
                      • Kildarien

@Flumme It shouldn't be too hard to make the config compatible. The real "issue" (which, frankly, wouldn't be too hard to do either, I've just been a bit lazy this week) is that both MoreCropsMod and this mod overwrite a lot of the same files, not just the ShopExpander config, and I'd need to make each of those files compatible.

In other words: The two mods don't work together at the moment. It would be possible to make a compatibility patch of sorts, and it's on my list of things to do, so be on the lookout for it.

Coolwyngs and Flumme like this.
                        • leilacrystal

leilacrystal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oooo this looks super lovely!! I'm using MCM (the updated version) and will def be on the lookout for a compatibility patch <3
                          Otherwise i might just start a new save for a pure florist version... gosh! so so pretty!

Kildarien likes this.
                          • Flumme

Flumme Subatomic Cosmonaut

There should be a "Big crops Mod" - with the best crops mods in it, united. And this one here of course.

Kildarien likes this.
                            • Kildarien

Kildarien updated [SMAPI] Farmer to Florist with a new update entry:

Farmer to Florist v1.1 (Blue Boogaloo)

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Kildarien

I did not include fairy roses in this mod, as I felt having both roses and fairy roses would be redundant.

However, if there's enough interest, I'll upload a version that includes fairy roses and the summer spangle for whoever has a strong preference for the vanilla flowers.

Gaetia likes this.
                                • Floressa

I just want to say I think it is amazingly kind of you to do a mcm patch.
                                  If I am honest I would also love the vanilla flowers back in as an option. Keep up the great work! <3

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
                                    Kildarien likes this.
                                  • Kildarien

@Gaetia @Floressa

Alright, I've been thinking about this some, and here's what I'm currently planning for the near future of this mod.

I like the idea of releasing a couple of new flowers per major update. I'm trying to keep the numbers balanced between the seasons and I also think that, instead of releasing an optional add-on, I might just put the Summer Spangle and Fairy Rose back in as part of a major update. So, the flowers included with the next two updates might be something like:
                                    1. New Summer Flower x1, New Fall Flower x2
                                    2. New Spring Flower x1, Summer Spangle, Fairy Rose
                                    That should get us up to 10 crop flowers per season. I have some ideas as to what the new flowers might be, but I'm also open to suggestions if anyone has any ideas.

Gaetia, Amburr and Floressa like this.
                                    • nytekat1

nytekat1 Void-Bound Voyager

any way to get this mod to work with automate? Also does anyone have the craftables files merged with eemie's map recolors? I'd like to use this with that but then I lose the potted plant and I haven't figured out how to do the xnb files yet.

• Kildarien

For the Automate mod, you need to download an extra file from the Custom Farming page: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/991/?
                                        It's the one called "CFAutomate," directly underneath the "OPTIONAL FILES" header. Properly installing that file, Automate, and Custom Farming should make all Custom Farming machines work with Automate, including the ones in Farmer to Florist.

As for the map recolor: if you could point me to the one you're talking about, I could probably whip up a version for you if it's just a recolor of some of the vanilla assets (and assuming that @eemie is okay with me doing so.)