RELEASED Farm Expansion 3.3

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Advize, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Actually, I believe creating a new greenhouse is as simple as creating a new location with the word "Greenhouse" in the name. CA did refactor some of this code for 1.07 though so it may not be true any longer.

asteriaex and taintedwheat like this.
    • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Code:
      environment.name.Equals("Greenhouse") 
      Its Equals, not Contains, and since names have to be unique, there is no easy way around that.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Hey there, not sure if anyone's brought it up yet but there seems to be an issue with this mod right now where the expansion resets every day during winter. The buildings stay put, but everything else is gone and all the trees, rocks and debris are back, even glitching through the buildings.
        I haven't tried keeping any animals over there yet, I just added two chickens to one of the coops on the expansion and when I get back on my game I'll see if they're still there.
        Commented over on the Nexus page too but I'm not sure how often that's checked, haven't seen any responses to this, just a lot of other users having the same problem.

UPDATE: I checked my farm the next morning, the new chickens were still there though it didn't appear they ate any of the hay I put out for them.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
        • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

the pathing probably of the debris on tIDE maybe?

anyway, doing this edit for this mod:
          [​IMG]

• LuthienNightwolf

Oh that's cute! I kinda want that version now. lol

• taintedwheat

still workin on it, maybe. need people to test it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Elrohir_of_Rivendell and foghorn like this.
              • LuthienNightwolf

If I could get it to work I'd be happy to try it out, as it is right now though the mod itself isn't doing too well for me. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon, I need more space. lol

• taintedwheat

Sure, idk if this will make it any better.

Pathing tile have a mind of its own?

@foghorn check diz out too plz

Attached Files:

foghorn likes this.
                  • foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

It's looks great so far, @taintedwheat. I still need to check the west-side wall, so I'll edit this post & add more deets (& sshots if needed) later this evening. There are a couple of invisible/dead tiles, but nothing major.
                    Nice one with the dockchair, btw.

Edit:
                    [​IMG]

^Besides the obvious one behind the chair, that's all I came across off-hand.

[​IMG]

Note: I did this with my test save (no crops, buildings & whatnot) so nothing would be in the way. Let me know if you need a different setup tested. Good job; it adds some character to the expansion!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
                      taintedwheat likes this.
                    • taintedwheat

D'aww. I hate those invisible tiles ):

I'll fix that after work.

I cant do anything about the chair back cuz it will just clip through the character otherwise... i may try doing an impassable tile property there on the front layer if possible, that would be sick o.o

foghorn likes this.
                      • foghorn

Yeah, I know...it will always seem like a bug, though. Doesn't bother me; I'd rather have the sitting illusion than an extra tile to walk on. Maybe you could "hide" it with an umbrella? I dunno.

Oh, yeah, quick question: Is there an easy way to make it look like you're sitting on the end of the dock? Or would it just look goofy?

• taintedwheat

I can try to do that, sure, i wonder how it would look. It be totes cute if you can sit and fit.

The only problem with the umbrella is its not available on season_town tiles year round, just summer u.u i would need to make a new tilesheet x4

foghorn likes this.
                          • foghorn

Yeah, it's not that serious :D. An umbrella would be bigger than the whole dock, anyways.

• celesteennui

celesteennui Void-Bound Voyager

The only issue that I've had is that the eggs I put in the incubator that are on the expansion won't hatch. I get a dialogue saying a new animal was hatched and asking me to name it but no animal shows up. It's not a huge thing, though it does put a damper on the plan for an entire coop of void chickens (I've been using the expansion just for animals since it means I won't have to fence them in).

Has this been an issue for anybody else?

• LNERA0

LNERA0 Aquatic Astronaut

I don't know if this has been put here before but there is a bug where after you quit the game the map resets itself and starts off again as overgrown ready to be conquered. As I said I don't know if this has been reported.

• celesteennui

celesteennui Void-Bound Voyager

That happens with games that you started before adding the expansion mod. I have a character that was started pre-mod add-in and it resets every time. For my new characters created post-mod add in, I haven't had that issue.

• LuthienNightwolf

I'm having that problem in winter, the expansion resets every day but only in winter, it's fine during the rest of the year. All buildings and anything inside are fine, but all the trees and debri come back daily.

Im giving this a try, won't know if it works til Winter rolls around again:

• LNERA0

LNERA0 Aquatic Astronaut

It seems that suggestion fixed the issue and thankfully I was in winter to test this, thank you!

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                                      • LuthienNightwolf

So, here's a weird thing that's happening on my expansion - I've only started to notice it recently because I now have animals on it. My sheep are eating grass outside, but the grass patches disappear from the corresponding area on my main farm, rather than from their yard. Same with pigs...I hear them digging up truffles, but the truffles actually pop up on my main farm, in the corresponding area. Nothing seems out of order with the goats or cows though.

It's not a huge deal, but I wanted to bring it up in case it's something with the mod or the expansion. Does anyone else experience this, or do you know of a fix for it?

The only other mods I use are the timespeed mod and a few retextures. Nothing that would interact with this one, at least I don't think so.
                                        --- Post updated ---
                                        Aaaand looks like it worked for me as well. Yay!

So yeah...if anyone is having the reset issue, go into your config file and change backwardsCompatible=false to backwardsCompatible=true. I'm not a modder so I have no idea *how* this works, but it seems like it's fixing it. >u>

• Snarkypie

Snarkypie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I got this error when I tried to save using this mod, is this a known bug? Is it fixable?

An error occurred in the overridden update loop: System.InvalidOperationException: There was an error generating the XML document. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: The type FarmExpansionSMAPI.FarmExtension was not expected. Use the XmlInclude or SoapInclude attribute to specify types that are not known statically.
                                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write85_GameLocation(String n, String ns, GameLocation o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write127_SaveGame(String n, String ns, SaveGame o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
                                          at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write128_SaveGame(Object o)
                                          --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                                          at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, String encodingStyle, String id)
                                          at StardewValley.SaveGame.<getSaveEnumerator>d__0.MoveNext()
                                          at StardewValley.Menus.SaveGameMenu.update(GameTime time)
                                          at StardewValley.Menus.ShippingMenu.update(GameTime time)
                                          at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime)
                                          at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime)