RELEASED [SMAPI] Farm Area Expansion (no game files modified) 2.05

Adds a new location to the game that increases your farmable area. Supports buildings and animals!

1. Cardinite

Cardinite Industrial Terraformer

Seems to be working perfectly for me. The only issue is that you can't ride your horse into the area as you get warped back to the entrance on entering the new map. I'll be building here tonight so I'll report back if any bugs are found. Thanks for all the hard work!

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Ah, I see the problem. Earlier builds worked fine but the warp points are right beside each other now and the horse spans two tiles. It's fixed for the next build but may not be released until Saturday night or Sunday. I'm pretty busy right now unfortunately.

• Cardinite

Cardinite Industrial Terraformer

No worries at all, thanks for checking out the issue. I just finished building a vineyard/orchard/hedge maze map (I credited you in the Reddit post I submitted here) using your extension and haven't noticed any other bugs. Crows haven't spawned yet, I'm not sure if that's a bug or a very welcome feature though. :casper:

Superior_s likes this.
        • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

First off, that hedge maze is absolutely amazing! I followed it back to the reddit OP and made sure to give it an upvote. As for crows spawning, there is actually a config file that generates in your mods\FarmExtensionSMAPI folder that allows you to toggle it on or off (off by default). I haven't included this in the readme or anywhere else yet as I haven't tested it to find out whether or not it works.

Also, I've now fixed the horse issue in addition to completely rewriting the code for dynamically modifying tiles in maps (namely the farm) to massively increase compatibility with other mods (yes, KingJoey's Bigger Farm mod now works with mine). I'm releasing an update fairly soon.

Superior_s likes this.
          • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Advize updated [SMAPI] Farm Area Expansion (no game files modified) with a new update entry:

1.3 Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

I have a huge update in the works. Sadly, the biggest part is a secret which I don't intend to reveal until it's ready.
              • I've once again rewritten the tile editing process, performance gains + it now works flawlessly anywhere and can create new tiles, massively increasing compatibility with other mods once again
              • Some people have mentioned that tree seeds do not spawn in the farm expansion. This was by design because those were annoying af, but I will be adding functionality for it with an option in the config file (on by default).
              • Crows spawning in the expansion are off by default, but also can be enabled through the config file (WARNING: Have not tested this, use at your own risk).

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

This extension is not showing up with tego's farm expansion. Is the two not compatible or am i just doing it wrong? It stated I only need to add your file in mod folder so I did. Maybe I need to add in map folder as well?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Tego is dynamically replacing the Farm map, it could be this is being done after Advize's code has already run. @tegobash You are doing the replacement in the loadContent event right?

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

I would like to use both extensions, not sure what you meant but is there a way/workaround for me to make both work? I put tego's one first and it worked fine and when I try to put advize one the southern path is not showing up. There is really nothing in tego's map that get in the way of advize but maybe there are released on different times which makes it not being able to complement each other.

Help me thanks. :)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

There is nothing you can do for it, tego has to fix when his map replacement happens.

• tegobash

tegobash Big Damn Hero

Right now I'm trying to get rid of overwriting original files. After I deal with that my mod should work with Advize's.

Superior_s likes this.
                        • SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

Thank you! No worry, take your time. Great work btw. :)

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Tile editing code for editing maps without replacing .xnb files.
                            http://pastebin.com/mH9LYTx2

• tegobash

tegobash Big Damn Hero

My changes to maps are usually too massive to do this with this code. What I changed is the event I'm using (SecondUpdateTick; so I don't use the same as yours now) and now the mod doesn't require overwriting anything.
                              The problem I think is that your mod is loaded earlier than mine so your tile changes don't apply to the new .xnb.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

I'd be careful with that. Second update tick is literally the second tick once the game starts (long before the save is loaded). I'll check out your mod later and also see if I can find a better way to intialize my mod. Using update tick the way I do is sort of hacky and I've since discovered new ways to achieve similar functionality.

Superior_s likes this.
                                • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Advize updated [SMAPI] Farm Area Expansion (no game files modified) with a new update entry:

2.0 is out!

Read the rest of this update entry...

tegobash and Superior_s like this.
                                  • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Are we able to change the 1 day build time back to 3 days?
                                    This is awesome by the way.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I do think a config option for that would be nice, if only to keep the realism a bit more. (Instant structures in a bottle, buy now!)

Superior_s likes this.
                                      • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Not currently. Code for upgrade length and handling Robin's behavior to tell her where to go and build is spread through multiple files and was a pain to deal with. The benefits of having her construct buildings by the next morning are that she 1) allows you to construct multiple buildings provided you have the resources without waiting for her shop to open, and 2) you can continue to make regular purchases from her after deciding to construct a farm building.

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

At least you accomplished being able to get her to build in other places.
                                          Are we any closer to adding new buildings into the game?