RELEASED [SMAPI] Extended Minecart 1.8.1

Minecarts on your farm and in the desert!

1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

ExtendedMinecarts is not properly compatible with all the farm types yet, due to time constraints and how much time it takes to code up 2 valid minecart locations for every type.

• DungeonRyu

DungeonRyu Phantasmal Quasar

Good day.
      I tried to use it with a custom farm.xnb and it worked in one case (greener pastures) and didn't work in the other (Ali's Secret Forest Farm Map )
      [Extended Minecart] Could not patch the Farm due to a unknown error

I used tIDE and tried to free minecart space from tiles and make them buildable, but it didn't help.
      What could be the problem?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

"Anything"
        That is why custom destination exists, it is so a map can have the minecart build in and EM just hooks into that one then.

• Mr777Nick

Mr777Nick Void-Bound Voyager

Not trying to be a jerk or something, but any ETA when can you integrate the cart location selection UI to be used with a gamepad?

The UI when you are asked to refill the coal on the cart works just fine with a gamepad by the way.
          As it is using normal dialogue while the cart UI is using the (new?) UI you made.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Probably not any time soon, adding controller support is part of the design goals for the *new* framework, but that is not going live anytime soon, and even once it does I wont be immediately migrating EM to it - Just use a keyboard, using a controller for the PC version of SDV means you will run into more issues then just EM not being usable.
            Us modders cant be expected to provide support for controllers when such is barely even usable on modded SDV due to limitations imposed by how SMAPI functions.

• GhostsRequiem

GhostsRequiem Big Damn Hero

Okay, so I ran into this tile error as well and decided to do some testing. I removed all of my mods and repeatedly loaded the game and, as to be expected, it did not pop up again. Then I started going back and forth adding and removing different mods while loading the game multiple times and the error did not appear until I added in Extended Minecart. I thought maybe there might be some weird conflict or I was simply using too many mods at the same time so I removed all the mods I was using so that my mods folder only contained "!EntoaroxFramework" "ConsoleCommands" and "ExtendedMinecart" and bam the error showed up again on first load.

After reading the other comments regarding this issue I was leaning toward the error being unrelated to this mod however the fact that I can remove the mod and load the game multiple times without the issue appearing is leading me to believe that it plays a hand in triggering it. Does anyone else have any ideas on this or maybe a possible solution? I really love this mod and don't want to remove it permanently however it's gotten to the point where the error pops on every load... T-T
              error.png

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This is a known issue that SMAPI's content API sometimes runs into, @Pathoschild is looking into it, but since nobody actually knows exactly what causes this weirdness, there is no easy solution.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @GhostsRequiem. I'm looking into that issue, but need more information.

A few questions:
                  • Does it only happen on the farm? (In particular, does it happen in other locations with a custom minecart?)
                  • If you start a new save, does it still happen?
                  • Do you use any XNB mods (not counting via XNB Loader)?
                  Please also provide:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
                  • GhostsRequiem

My apologies for replying so late. When I had checked the forum I had only seen the message from Entoarox and missed this one. I had removed the mod since it had gotten so bad and can say that I played daily without the issue popping up. After seeing this message I put it back into my mod folder and found that it took a few reloads (that is completely closing out the game and not just to title screen) for it to pop up. I also remember that it seemed to become more frequent over time. When it popped up I took a run around the map and it was every single screen. I also found that I could even walk "underneath" some of the tile errors while others flashed in time with things like water. (In my opinion, the error images look most like the beach tiles for what it's worth)

I tried forcing the error with a new save file however it didn't pop even after several reloads. Working off a hunch, I edited the save file of the new game to give myself mad cash and then upgraded my house to the 2nd tier and within 2-3 loads the error popped. I did this because I remembered the first time I encountered the error in my "Memento Farms" save it didn't pop until later in the game, ie around when I upgraded my house. I hope that helps.

Here is the link to the SMAPI log
                    I've also attached the zip folder for my saves however I keep getting a message saying the file is too large even though it is under 3mb so I don't know what that's about...

Edit: Attached a screenshot of my mods folder instead since it still won't let me add the zip folder

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• GhostsRequiem

Oh! Awesome! I should pay more attention to mod updates, haha.

• Phobos_Anomaly

Phobos_Anomaly Orbital Explorer

Dunno if this have been brought up already. But would it be possible to add a waypoint within Skull Cavern too? Of course only after fixing the bus, getting the Skull key and having unlocked the door.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Desert is small enough that using the cart there to get to the skull cave should be easy enough.

I explicitly spread out the extra destinations to have as few new destinations but as large a reach as possible.

• Phobos_Anomaly

Phobos_Anomaly Orbital Explorer

Yes, I agree actually

• Valamyr82

Valamyr82 Void-Bound Voyager

This is great really. The only destination missing may be the railroad, dunno if anyone asked for it yet. Its where my taper-trees are, I sure wouldnt mind an extra destination there.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You make a decent point for the railroad, I will add it onto the consideration list, but dont expect it anytime soon - I've got a lot on my plate and sadly JK still hasnt responded to my complaint about her hogging the time-turners she stole....

• DDGamer

DDGamer Void-Bound Voyager

Having a little problem whereby exiting to the main menu due to a messed up day, or for whatever reason, the extended minecart mod doesn't load, leaving only the vanilla minecarts active. I don't recall if this happened before Entoarok Framework was updated yesterday or not, but it happens now. There might be some interference from Better Hay, but I am not sure, it might be a problem entirely unrelated to the one I am having with the latter mod.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

log from the issue, or I cant aid you.

• DDGamer

DDGamer Void-Bound Voyager

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard