RELEASED [SMAPI] Extended Minecart 1.8.1

Minecarts on your farm and in the desert!

1. J0skin

J0skin Void-Bound Voyager

2. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This like most of my mods requires my framework - without it it doesnt work...

• Minininny

Minininny Void-Bound Voyager

Heyo, encountered another issue with the minecart. It was working for 1-2 days in-game, before disappearing on the farm (and likely from the other added places). I went to the Mines and then used the minecart to get back to the farm. Not a smart plan, since I got stuck in the fence with my only choices being a) quit, b) wait for 2am, and c) deplete my energy. I ultimately quit and came here to report the issue since I hadn't had that problem before.

[​IMG]

Additionally, the minecart menu still doesn't always display the cursor when using a controller. But that's a minor nitpick, especially seeing as you have tried your best to fix the issue.

Anyway, I appreciate all the effort and time you put into your mods. Here's hoping that you can work out the kinks here!

Attached Files:

• RiseKnight

RiseKnight Big Damn Hero

i got same problem and i download the mod again and replace old files and they re fine now

• RiseKnight

RiseKnight Big Damn Hero

just want to report error

[05:54:02 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the MenuEvents.MenuChanged event:
          System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
          at Entoarox.ExtendedMinecart.ExtendedMinecart.MenuEvents_MenuChanged(Object s, EventArgs e)
          at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaiseGenericEvent[TEventArgs](IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, TEventArgs args) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 65
          [05:54:03 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the MenuEvents.MenuChanged event:
          System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

it doesnt have any apparent problem in gameplay except i need to click twice when using minecartor it will be a blank screen

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Known issue, a bugfix is currently awaiting beta testing.

• tinkerbelljln

tinkerbelljln Pangalactic Porcupine

So I have an issue, but it's not a crash so there's no SMAPI, but every time I've ever downloaded this mod, when I first run the game, everything is fine, but when I go to bed, in the morning my map goes weird
              Captureborked.PNG

I have all my mods updated to the current ones, SMAPI is updated, and I'm using Eemie's just another map recolor, though I can't remember what version. As soon as I take the minecarts mod out everything goes back to normal. I redownloaded the mod because I recently started using XnbLoader, thinking that would fix the issue, but apparently not. I do know how to edit XNB stuff in paint.net now, so if it's just something that needs a little tweek I'm happy to do it myself, I just don't even know where to begin to solve this. I've also added a picture of my mods folder, in case it's interacting with something.

Attached Files:

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@tinkerbelljln Some users have reported this problem but I do not think it's an issue with Extended Minecart. With the latest edition of SMAPI, textures sometimes get corrupted at random and a game relog will occasionally fix it. Pathos and I were trying to figure out what the issue is, but as far as I know, it's up in the air. Even after removing all of my mods, the corruption seemed to occur sometimes.

• Minininny

Minininny Void-Bound Voyager

@tinkerbelljln I've had that happen to me too. What fixed it was reinstalling mods one by one with any mods relating to the map (particularly Town.xnb) last.

• tinkerbelljln

tinkerbelljln Pangalactic Porcupine

Hmm, I think the only mod I have that effects the map would be XnbLoader, I'll have to give that a try and see what happens. Thanks for the advice guys!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• DragonDreads

DragonDreads Phantasmal Quasar

I ran into an error as I tried to refuel the minecart at the desert. The pop-up asked if I wanted to refuel, I said yes and nothing happened. So then I said no, and nothing happened. Yes, I tried several times and ended up having to force close the game. I have successfully refueled the cart at the farm, bus stop, mines, and in town.

[10:55:31 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      at StardewValley.Locations.Desert.answerDialogue(Response answer)
                      at StardewValley.Menus.DialogueBox.receiveKeyPress(Keys key)
                      at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime)
                      at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                      at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 550

Attached Files:

• otakuishi

otakuishi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Having the same problem here but it is at the bus stop. I ended up going in and turning off refuel... hope it works

https://log.smapi.io/2WAHBvrY

is my log file. Ignore the tool errors because a mod forgot to include null setting correctly when moving tools around. ;)

• DragonDreads

DragonDreads Phantasmal Quasar

I ended up doing the same thing. On a reload it created the error at the bus stop as well even though I had refueled successfully multiple times since the update.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I have been looking into this, but the best I can figure out it is some sort of cross-mod issue that is happening here.
                            Unless this can be confirmed as happening with just the absolute minimum setup, I am not spending any further time on resolving this, as it is likely a externally caused issue.

• VoidEggs

VoidEggs Intergalactic Tourist

I love this mod <3 So convenient!

This isnt a huge issue I am having but figured I'd bring it up in-case its a bug or something:
                              I configured a custom spot for the mine cart to appear on my farm, reason being that I am using a farm layout mod that creates a little pond right where the mine cart gets placed. I configured it to be at "44,12" to match a spot on my map and while it will transport me there no problem, no mine cart appears. This doesn't happen anywhere else.
                              my configurations:
                              "AlternateFarmMinecart": true,
                              "FarmDestinationEnabled": true,
                              "UseCustomFarmDestination": true,
                              "CustomFarmDestinationPoint": "44, 12"

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@VoidEggs IIRC, the minecarts on the farm only show up if you're using either A.) The original minecart spawn, which is next to the farm house, or B.) The alternative minecart spawn, which is behind the greenhouse. Using a custom minecart spot will not permit a minecart to spawn, because it would have to be edited into the map, and there are too many custom maps to bother with that. Those two locations are usually the safest places to default to.

• VoidEggs

VoidEggs Intergalactic Tourist

Thank you @Xuomi ! I figured it might be something like that, I will try behind the greenhouse. Im glad its not an unknown issue to solve :DD

• CatPrez

CatPrez Void-Bound Voyager

I am on the Hill-top farm and it gives me this in the console, it doesn't affect the game in any buggy way though! Overall, great mod.
                                    [Extended Minecart] Could not patch the Farm due to a unknown error
                                    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
                                    Parameter name: sheet
                                    at Entoarox.Framework.GameLocationExtensions.SetTile(GameLocation self, Int32 x, Int32 y, String layer, Int32 index, String sheet) in D:\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\StardewMods\Framework\GameLocationExtensions.cs:line 40
                                    at Entoarox.ExtendedMinecart.ExtendedMinecartMod.GameEvents_UpdateTick(Object s, EventArgs e)​