RELEASED [SMAPI] Extended Minecart 1.8.1

Minecarts on your farm and in the desert!

1. Oblitus

Oblitus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't have this mod, yet I have this problem. I've noticed, that it doesn't appear unless you use minecarts and lasts until you quit and load a game.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• Oblitus

Seems to work fine now.

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

The fix, works for me with the minecart menu, and I haven't had an issue with minecart at this time, but it is coming up with an error in my log. I have not had a festival with it. Could this error mean trouble when I do have a festival?

Attached Files:

• Licalia

Licalia Orbital Explorer

The menu isn't poping up anymore, but now my game starting lagging while those errors showed up and ultimately crashed after a few talks to NPCs.

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Ok.... so my code is now conflicting with itself... great >_< I will get to fixing that...

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• Licalia

Licalia Orbital Explorer

I really appreciate your fast update though sadly I still have errors occuring. (It's at the bottom - just one - I will test further now) :)

Attached Files:

• Inkweaver22

Inkweaver22 Phantasmal Quasar

So it worked fine for a couple days, but then I woke up on a festival and walked out to the map texture glitching out. It didn't crash and the tiles worked properly when I hoed them. I closed out but i'm not sure if the log listed any error, but I'll include it in case.

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I'm sorry, but I have no idea why you think this is related to extended minecarts, I do not modify the tilesheets for the Farm map at all, combined with this happening on a festival day points towards memory issues on your end, not a issue in the mod.

• Inkweaver22

Inkweaver22 Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah my bad. It seems to have worked itself out somehow. Sorry for bothering you.

• Oblitus

NPE in 1.6.5
                      Code:
                      [10:03:02 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the MenuEvents.MenuChanged event:
                      System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                         at Entoarox.ExtendedMinecart.ExtendedMinecart.MenuEvents_MenuChanged(Object s, EventArgs e)
                         at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaiseGenericEvent[TEventArgs](IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, TEventArgs args) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 79

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

full log, or it didnt happen.

• Oblitus

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Strange, I dont understand what causes this, as none of the objects I deal with *can* be null.... :S

• copperhamster

copperhamster Void-Bound Voyager

Entoarox, I disabled everything but your framework and the minecart, and loaded my save and ran around a bit. (There might be an xnb or two for things like clothes still) Things I did:
                              • Talked to some people (fine)
                              • 'Talked' to scarecrow (fine)
                              • Checked contents of silo (fine)
                              • Rode cart
                              • Talked to a couple of people (fine)
                              • Talked to scarecrow (minecart menu)
                              • Checked Silo (minecart menu)
                              • Talked to people (hit or miss got minecart menu)
                              So here's the SMAPI.

Attached Files:

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

Update your minecart version to 1.6.5. It is out of date. The version 1.6.3 was known for doing the minecart menu problem.

• copperhamster

Gah sorry I downloaded it last night and didn't install it. Thought I had.

Ladysarajane likes this.
                                  • copperhamster

Okay actual bug report, in fact, TWO! Alas I can't give a smapi log because it's not happening after I debugged the problem then put what would cause it back in place?

Odd.
                                    Anyway, when I chat with someone, I get an error in the log, this has been going on since 1.6.5 came out but I've been too lazy to report it because there seems to be no actual effect in game.
                                    [15:50:03 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the MenuEvents.MenuChanged event:
                                    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                                    at Entoarox.ExtendedMinecart.ExtendedMinecart.MenuEvents_MenuChanged(Object s, EventArgs e)
                                    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaiseGenericEvent[TEventArgs](IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, TEventArgs args) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 81​
                                    Attached is the log.

Bug 2:
                                    The first time I ran the game after updating SMAPI to the latest version (from 1.11), I saw an error on start about 'error patching spring beach' or something and it did mention the extended.minecart in the error message. When I went to the beach the cart was missing and there was something obstructing my movement.
                                    I closed the game and moved the beach files out of the modcontent folders they were in, (I'm using xnb loader, I've verified latest) and restarted the game and everything worked fine. I put them back in to get the error and... I'm not getting it. I don't know why. Beach works properly. If I see it again I'll make sure to copy the error log right then, before troubleshooting. Sorry about the lack of information.
                                    The map files would be from... Less Saturated Valley
                                    http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1051/?

Attached Files:

• Foxy Boxes

Foxy Boxes Big Damn Hero

I'm not having it show up (v 1.6.5). It runs, and a config file is generated, but there's no extra options when I go to a vanilla minecart and no minecart shows up on the farm.

The console also keeps saying:
                                      EDIT: After trawling through the updates, it appears the mod requires EntoFramework (thanks for making that clear :/ ). Installing that fixed it.

EDIT 2: I'm getting a black screen (disappears on click) and the following error message in the console:
                                      It only started appearing after I talked to Sandy in the desert if that helps.

EDIT 3: The next season (Spring Year 2) just came around and now the minecart at the desert has disappeared.

Last edited: May 29, 2017