Modding Help SMAPI error popped up, now save won't load

Discussion in 'Mods' started by lylasolo, Dec 2, 2019.

1. lylasolo

lylasolo Space Hobo

https://smapi.io/log/sjsC6Fp7 <- link to my parsed log!

I went to bed as normal and then I was stuck at the saving screen. It worked as normal when I closed out of the game and relaunched, but when I clicked on my save file the log I posted above showed up in the terminal. I haven't been able to access the save file at all. How can I fix this?

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Babies Take After Spouses is crashing your game, remove it and you should be fine.

lylasolo likes this.
      • lylasolo

lylasolo Space Hobo

I deleted Babies Take After Spouses and I'm still having issues. https://smapi.io/log/mmR9AfKP Here is the link to the latest parsed log.

• lylasolo

lylasolo Space Hobo

I've tried the corrupted save file troubleshooting methods from the forums, and they haven't worked either. According to the code, my save file should be fully intact (ends with </SaveGame>) but anytime I try to open it the game crashes. With SMAPI uninstalled the game just boots me out. With SMAPI installed, it stays on the "running..." screen indefinitely with the error message in the terminal. I'm on a Macbook and I play via Steam.

• jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

@lylasolo I don't understand this error either. You can upload your save file and I will take a look at it.

lylasolo likes this.
            • lylasolo

lylasolo Space Hobo

Here it is pasted below. It wouldn't upload as a file, sorry for the length.

Attached Files:

• jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

That is not a complete save file and please don't paste your file like that. You have to zip the file before uploading. Why can't you upload it?

• lylasolo

lylasolo Space Hobo

This is the zipped save file!

Attached Files:

• jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

I'm not sure how this happened but there was some important data missing in your save file. This should not happen and I don't know how this would happen.
                    I added the fields
                    Code:
                    <currentSeason>spring</currentSeason>
                    <dayOfMonth>27</dayOfMonth>
                    <year>4</year>
                    and had to remove a broken coop that had no animals inside (it had no data at all and was also crashing the game).
                    I was able to load your save but there might be other things missing or broken.

Maybe you should take a look in the save-backups folder in your game folder. There might be an old save file that works.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019