SMAPI ERROR PLEASE HELP !!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by atsuko10_, Jun 29, 2018.

1. atsuko10_

atsuko10_ Space Hobo

Ive been trying for absolute days now to figure out how to install mods on Stardew Valley. I have the 1.3.3 version and ive downloaded SMAPI 2.6 beta which should be the correct version. Every time i try to open StardewModdingAPI.exe it shows this on a black screen

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.CoreInterfaces, Version=2.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    at StardewModdingAPI.Program.AssertMinimumCompatibility()
    at StardewModdingAPI.Program.Main(String[] args)

I literally have no idea what to do anymore. When I downloaded the game there was no mods folder so i made one, put the mods in and it didnt work. Ive tried uninstalling SMAPI numerous times and ive looked everywhere for help, please, someone help me for the love of god all i wanna do is play this game with mods !!!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @atsuko10_. First, you should update to the latest Stardew Valley 1.3.21. Second, make sure you're running the installer (not copying files manually). If it still doesn't work, can you post...
      • a screenshot of the full installer window when it shows the green text at the end;
      • a screenshot of the full window showing that error.

• atsuko10_

atsuko10_ Space Hobo

STAR.png DEW.png

im pretty sure im just running the installer

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI is getting installed to C:\GOG Games\Stardew Valley, but you're launching SMAPI from C:\Users\PHONEX-PC\Downloads\STARDEW VALLEY. The easiest solution is to delete C:\GOG Games\Stardew Valley if you no longer need it, and the installer will ask you to specify the game path.

• atsuko10_

atsuko10_ Space Hobo

just did what you said, it asked me to specify the file path so i extracted stardew valley.exe to the folder i was using and it showed the green text so it had worked, then i tried to open stardewvalleymoddingAPI and got this;

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Can you post a screenshot of your C:\Users\PHONEX-PC\Downloads\STARDEW VALLEY folder?

• atsuko10_

atsuko10_ Space Hobo

yep here you go

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• atsuko10_

atsuko10_ Space Hobo

im gonna try and find a different version yea, thanks for the help though i appreciate it !!

• nathanginn

nathanginn Intergalactic Tourist

Hey, I too am having this issue but I have the steam version and have checked all of the issues you noticed he had. I don't appear to be missing any game files and have uninstalled and reinstalled smapi multiple times. My file locations are set correctly and everything but it's still showing this error. Help is appreciated.

The only thing different is that the error never changes it's just the error he showed in his first picture and no red or green text and closes quickly after opening.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@nathanginn Can you post a screenshot of your error? (Often it looks like the same error, but some details are different.)

• Sandrix

Sandrix Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, it's been a while but I started to have the same problem. I am using the steam version and have already checked the integrity of the game folder

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Sandrix Make sure you unzip the download before running the installer. (If you have a choice when downloading, choose 'download' instead of 'run' or 'open'.) If it still happens, can you try reinstalling .NET Framework 4.5.2?

• Sandrix

Sandrix Void-Bound Voyager

The problem was really the Framework. I formatted the pc a few days ago and thought I updated, but apparently I was wrong. Thanks for the help and I apologize for the simple problem.