Modding Help SMAPI error + crash

Discussion in 'Mods' started by korralistic, Jun 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. korralistic

korralistic Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! My game randomly crashes, I don't know if it's truly random or after a specific action, (this is in multiplayer) because my friend just crashed randomly while walking, while I crashed while attempting to go to bed that night. I don't have their error log so I don't know if it's the same error, but we have the EXACT same mod folder (like, I created it and gave it to them.) so I just assume it is the same. I haven't played much single player to see if it affects there too, btw. It just crashed to desktop without any notice, but I tracked down the error log, and was hoping someone much smarter than I could tell me how to resolve this - thank you!

"
    [22:13:31 TRACE game] Warping to FarmHouse
    [22:13:31 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at PyTK.Overrides.OvSpritebatch.SpriteBatchFix.Prefix(SpriteBatch& __instance, Texture2D& texture, Vector4& destination, Boolean& scaleDestination, Nullable`1& sourceRectangle, Color& color, Single& rotation, Vector2& origin, SpriteEffects& effects, Single& depth) in D:\Programming\Games\Mods\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\PyTK\Overrides\OvSpritebatch.cs:line 125
    at InternalDraw_Patch2(Object texture, Texture2D destination, Vector4& scaleDestination, Boolean sourceRectangle, Nullable`1& color, Color rotation, Single origin, Vector2& effects, SpriteEffects depth, Single )
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Draw(Texture2D texture, Vector2 position, Nullable`1 sourceRectangle, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Single scale, SpriteEffects effects, Single layerDepth)
    at CustomFurniture.CustomFurniture.draw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Int32 x, Int32 y, Single alpha) in D:\Programming\Games\Mods\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\CustomFurniture\CustomFurniture.cs:line 218
    at StardewValley.Locations.DecoratableLocation.draw(SpriteBatch b) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DecoratableLocation.cs:line 659
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.DrawImpl(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 1345
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 952
    [22:13:31 TRACE SMAPI] Recovering sprite batch from error...
    [22:13:31 TRACE game] Stopping LAN server
    [22:13:31 TRACE game] Stopping Galaxy server
    [22:13:31 TRACE SMAPI] Disposing...
    [22:13:31 TRACE SMAPI] Disposing the content coordinator. Content managers will no longer be usable after this point.
    "
    I figured that's all that important in the log because it's right at the end. I'll upload the whole thing if need be though. My SMAPI tells me I have a handful of mods that need to be updated but I updated them all about last week, and double checked and I'm pretty sure it's just the manifest isn't correct so it thinks it still needs to be updated when in fact it's up to date. Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong, though! They do say third time is the charm, so who knows. Thank you!!

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

There's something going on with PyTK and Custom Furniture, can you please upload the entire log via https://log.smapi.io ?

• korralistic

korralistic Void-Bound Voyager

Absolutely! I have about 80ish mods so it's pretty long, which is why I avoided uploading it all the first time around. Here you go!

https://log.smapi.io/ChhSv34Z

I'm noticing it does tell me I need to update PyTK, and it's somewhat of a hefty jump, but I SWEAR I updated it recently, so go ahead and tell me if it updated in the last few days and I'm just dumb, lmao.

EDIT: it seems PyTK was LITERALLY updated yesterday, so RIGHT under my nose. I am just dumb. I'm gonna see if that fixes it, but do tell me if the problem runs deeper than that!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
        • minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Go ahead and update, Routine is pushing updates every few days right now as we find issues. If the error still occurs, jump on over to the SDV discord #modding channel with a new error log and we'll see what we can do :D