1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue SMAPI ERROR aka help me pls

Discussion in 'Support' started by Anir_man, Oct 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Anir_man

Anir_man Void-Bound Voyager

I just uninstall SMAPI 2.7 and replace with SMAPI 2.8 version and I face problem after I update my SMAPI to latest version. When I open SMAPI it's say
    Error resolving assembly: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\hp\Desktop\smapi-internal'.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
    at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.EnumerateFiles(String searchPattern)
    at StardewModdingAPI.Program.CurrentDomain_AssemblyResolve(Object sender, ResolveEventArgs e)
    Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.CoreInterfaces, Version=2.8.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    at StardewModdingAPI.Program.AssertMinimumCompatibility()
    at StardewModdingAPI.Program.Main(String[] args)
    PLS HELP Y_Y

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

It seems like you're running SMAPI on your desktop; did you mistakenly copy the SMAPI file instead of creating a shortcut?

• Anir_man

well this is awkward. i just figured it out

• Anir_man

thank for ur kindness