RELEASED [SMAPI] Ento's home of Abandoned Mods

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Entoarox, Oct 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Nova25

Nova25 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*Roll my eyes* Sigh... The other person very obviously over-exaggerate, he's fine, but not me ? Whatever.

My point was that there IS such a thing as, you know, a *middle road*.
    The problem, or rather an often too common extra issue on top, is that if someone just want to go ''the extra mile'' with a mod that has an obvious ''cheaty-like'' use, or maybe even just a ''quality of life'' one... There goes the shaming. The ''how dare you not be absolutely, purely, entirely balanced in your actions !!1!'' and ''you might as well not play/give yourself 9999999999 of everything''.
    It's ridiculous how some people react to those who just want to give the means, the options to others to have 'a little bit more fun' with they have in their hands.

But, in any case, a middle road... a few extra *FREE* sprinkler range blocks will not kill anyone, and will not ''absolutely and totally'' destroy the ''balance'' of a game... that uses *mods*.
    That's all.

(Oh and, considering this is the Internet and people will be surely quick to-- well, it's the Internet, again-- I must precise that my intention isn't to be 'aggressive' here... Just a tired rant of someone equally as tired of people quick to poop on others who like to play in a ''not 110% balanced'' way.)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

It isnt about balance, it is about the fact that if you *are* gonna do what is essentially cheating, then there is no difference in *how* you cheat, most people don't give a rats ass if you choose to cheat, it is your game, but it is still cheating, and then you might as well use a proper tool designed for it, because then you know stuff isnt going to break...
      Even if you restrict yourself artificially, you are still 100 times less likely to break stuff....

• TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can try to justify your "middle road" or whatever however you want but you're not using the mod as designed, not even close, so why even bother with this "I am cheating but only a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle" farce? You clearly want to cheat, so just cheat, nobody gives a crap about that. Don't come in here and pretend you're so noble by only cheating a little.
        Also, I am exaggerating? You're the one that looked at my post and now spouts shit like "9999999 of everything" when this was entirely about sprinklers.

• Nova25

Hey there now, stuff was calming down and you just come back pouring oil like a jerk and supposing stuff ? Did you come back just to be an ass to me or was there something else under the rug there ?

999 or 999999, exaggeration is exaggeration, if you want to point fingers. Seriously, what's your deal now ?
          The point made, my point, was that if someone want to use a *MOD*, one that has OBVIOUS elements that can be configured (you know, like a CONFIG FILE), there shouldn't be ANY damn shaming to be done ! That's the bloody 'middle road' there, between purist and ''what's even the point?''.

It's not a big freaking thing that need to be ''debated'' with cannon fire...

I'm not even saying that you *HAVE* to do it, edit the CONFIG file.
          *I* am saying that, if you can-- and you can in various increments-- why would you deny the option ? Not that you must.

Calmly advise against it... like telling someone not to fix a leaking pipe with duct tape because it would void warranty or something, yeah, ok... Threat the other like an idiot because he did ? No. That's not making the other ''side'' very receptive to you.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This isnt you ducktaping a leaking pipe, this is you messing up the data behind maths you do not even know!

• TenkoKuugen

That you are ever so worried about "shaming" is hilarious to me. What's your deal with requiring others to approve of your way so much that you try to pass it off as just and acceptable despite nobody else really giving a shit?
              "Did you come back just to be an ass to me"
              Hah, no. You sure think highly of yourself if you also think my time is that cheap.
              I come back here because you keep playing holier than though when in fact there is nothing about your posts anyone cares about. You just need validation for your own ego that what you're doing is not really cheating but fair play because "it's a config file" and I am here to make sure you don't get it. Oh, I guess I am here to be an ass to you. I guess you set yourself up for that. Just be happy that this is a civil forum.
              Oh, and I can configure the buildendurance mod to give me a million stamina, but sure, that's not cheating, since it's a config file

• Nova25

>Hah, no. You sure think highly of yourself if you also think my time is that cheap.
                -You know you're on the Internet, right ? People either reply to make an argument, defend an argument(yes, it's something one can do), or to troll the other person.

And, maybe it's just an impression I have, but...
                >That you are ever so worried about "shaming" is hilarious to me.
                >nobody else really giving a shit?
                >I come back here because you keep playing holier than though
                >nothing about your posts anyone cares about.
                >You just need validation for your own ego
                >Oh, I guess I am here to be an ass to you. I guess you set yourself up for that.

...you're not entirely dissimilar to a verbal bully, at this end, really.
                You had no point, aside from saying you didn't care AND 'claiming everyone didn't care' based on nothing, but to ridicule my point with exaggeration and then pass it as me being ''defensive'' when I reply. Well, no shit Sherlock, anyone will be ''defensive'', when all you do is try to belittle the others argument and play their defence as ''ego'' and whatever else ?
                It's not an ego thing, when someone is concerned and annoyed at you and your bloody insulting tone.

It might not 'the' most level-headed reaction to your jabs, but damn it.

>Just be happy that this is a civil forum.
                -Small schoolyard threats ? Nice.

>Oh, and I can configure the buildendurance mod to give me a million stamina, but sure, that's not cheating, since it's a config file
                -Aaaaand you completely fail to see the point I made, re-made, re-re-made... :zzz:

• Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Cut it out, guys. Keep it civil from now on, or I start issuing penalties.

• zdogg55302

zdogg55302 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi I'm new here, how do we get your patches for the CJB Item Spawner and Cheat Menu. Thank you and sorry! :)

• TenkoKuugen

You don't
                      You get the official updates from the author from the nexus

• alialbarqi

alialbarqi Void-Bound Voyager

HI guys I use SMAPI 1.5
                        And the cjb cheat Menu last update work fine
                        But cjb item spawner always crash I press i than see the menu of items but when I chose any thing Crash I try the last update and old of mod but the game always crash please help me how I can let this mod work

• misterspence

misterspence Void-Bound Voyager

where the hell did the cheat menu fix go

• Hogweed

Hogweed Void-Bound Voyager

Hey Entoarox, just wanted to say thank you for getting these mods back in running condition!! I really needed something to upgrade the horrid sprinklers in the game, and I had Dl'ed the original ones, but didnt work. I just stumbled across this thread and am very happy you brought it back!
                            Thanks!

• TenkoKuugen

Try reading the fucking thread or maybe just the handful of posts above yours

• (User has been warned for this post. Reason: Breaking the Golden Rule / Ignoring Moderator Instructions. Penalty: 1 point / 1 month.)
                            • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I added a big red info message to the first post so people can find what is going on...

• kataikeerati

kataikeerati Aquatic Astronaut

Thankyouuuuuuuuu

• margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

• BrandonPotter0

BrandonPotter0 Big Damn Hero

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• TenkoKuugen

Technically, the SMAPI portion of the more crops mod is all that is holding back an update. I could easily update the XNB part in like a day, or half a day.
                                    The problem here is that the SMAPI source isn't available, right? And you're kind of a stickler for the whole permissions thing.
                                    You have a mod that adds bulk purchase of resources, could you cannibalize that and change IDs to make it a shop mod?