RELEASED [SMAPI] CustomNPC

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Platonymous, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Platonymous

Platonymous Big Damn Hero

Looks like a bug, I'll look into it when I bring CNPC over to SDV 1.3. For now you should be fine by adding an animations file, even if you don't need it.

Lukaja likes this.
    • Platonymous

In all mods i've updated for SDV 1.3 so far I managed to incorporate MP, and I intent to do the same with CNPC, but this promises to be the most challenging.

HopeWasHere likes this.
      • Lukaja

Lukaja Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for all of your previous help! but I have a new error.
        Whenever I try to enter a warp that I've made I get this error:
        [SMAPI] An error occurred in the base update loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
        at StardewValley.Game1.warpFarmer(GameLocation locationAfterWarp, Int32 tileX, Int32 tileY, Int32 facingDirectionAfterWarp, Boolean isStructure)
        at StardewValley.Game1.warpFarmer(String locationName, Int32 tileX, Int32 tileY, Boolean flip)
        at StardewValley.Farmer.warpFarmer(Warp w)
        at StardewValley.Farmer.MovePosition(GameTime time, Rectangle viewport, GameLocation currentLocation)
        at StardewValley.Farmer.Update(GameTime time, GameLocation location)
        at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateCharacters(GameTime time)
        at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
        at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 594
        This is my code for it:
        "buildings":
        [
        {
        "map":"shack.tbin",
        "location":"Beach",
        "position": [30,12],
        }
        ],
        "rooms":
        [
        {
        "name":"Main",
        "map":"house.tbin",
        }
        ],
        "warps":
        [
        {
        "mapEntry": "Beach",
        "mapExit": "house",
        "entry": [31,14],
        "exit": [7,29],
        },
        ],

• Platonymous

I think mapExit would need to be "Main" in this case, try and let me know if that fixes it.

Lukaja likes this.
          • Lukaja

It works! Thank you so much for all the help you have given me.

• Lukaja

can you use a date for the precondition of mail? because when I try to it says:
              [Custom NPC] Mod crashed when editing asset 'Data\mail', which may cause errors in-game. Error details:
              System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
              Parameter name: index
              at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
              at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
              at CustomNPC.CustomNPCMod.loadCSV(NPCBlueprint blueprint, String file, Boolean translate, Int32 type) in C:\Users\David\Documents\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\CustomNPC\CustomNPCMod.cs:line 741
              at CustomNPC.CustomNPCMod.getMail(NPCBlueprint blueprint) in C:\Users\David\Documents\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\CustomNPC\CustomNPCMod.cs:line 760
              at CustomNPC.CustomNPCMod.Edit[T](IAssetData asset) in C:\Users\David\Documents\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\CustomNPC\CustomNPCMod.cs:line 1286
              at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentCore.ApplyEditors[T](IAssetInfo info, IAssetData asset) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentCore.cs:line 733
              or is it something else i'm doing. Thank you so much for all the help you have given me.

• AxlPrototype

AxlPrototype Void-Bound Voyager

Never mind, I've figured it out. You can directly input the preference behind their flavor texts. There's not even a need to fill in the value in main template.

• nudulu

nudulu Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! I've been trying to make an NPC with this template however whenever I try to test it I always end up with this error:

[SMAPI] Custom NPC failed on entry and might not work correctly. Technical details:
                  StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Exceptions.SContentLoadException: Custom NPC failed loading content asset 'Npcs\.vs\portrait.png' from ModFolder: there's no matching file at path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\CustomNPC\Npcs\.vs\portrait.png'..
                  at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ModHelpers.ContentHelper.Load[T](String key, ContentSource source) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ModHelpers\ContentHelper.cs:line 99
                  at CustomNPC.CustomNPCMod.getPortrait(NPCBlueprint blueprint) in C:\Users\David\Documents\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\CustomNPC\CustomNPCMod.cs:line 698
                  at CustomNPC.CustomNPCMod.loadNPCs() in C:\Users\David\Documents\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\CustomNPC\CustomNPCMod.cs:line 240
                  at CustomNPC.CustomNPCMod.Entry(IModHelper helper) in C:\Users\David\Documents\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\CustomNPC\CustomNPCMod.cs:line 45
                  at StardewModdingAPI.Program.LoadMods(IModMetadata[] mods, JsonHelper jsonHelper, SContentManager contentManager) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 808

I tried moving files around, however new errors just show up in its place. So I'm stumped; I think I need to change a file path..? How would I go about doing that? Any help would be appreciated.
                  Thanks in advanced!

• ToastedOreos

ToastedOreos Void-Bound Voyager

just found this mod but now its apparently out of date. is it retired or will there be any updates?

• Marigolden

Marigolden Master Chief

ToastedOreos likes this.