RELEASED [SMAPI] Chests Anywhere

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

2. TwistedKatiekat

TwistedKatiekat Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you! Now the mod works perfectly ^^ It's an absolute must for me to enjoy the game. I hated wasting time looking through chests.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

https://log.smapi.io/BBU6W0NP

Couple issues noted thus far during beta. Cannot use the menu keybind (E) in ChestsAnywhere menu or it opens the game menu instead. Shipping bin does not show anything that is placed in it and indeed does not register those items at all, so they were not sold at the end of the day.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@minervamaga Thanks! I'll look into those for a new beta release.

• Hotair10

Hotair10 Void-Bound Voyager

If you throw items in the shipping bin the old fashioned way by walking up and left clicking, it breaks the game at night time when it calculates profits, as it renders the cursor unusable.

Nothing happened in SMAPI, but I can confirm it's this mod causing the issue. Removed all mods and everything was fine. Added SMAPI alone and things worked fine. Added SMAPI and this mod and then the bug occurred.

EDIT: Note, this is with the 1.3 beta version

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Hotair10 That's a known SMAPI bug, fixed in the upcoming SMAPI 2.6-beta.3. Sorry about that!

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

I just installed the Chests Anywhere mod for the beta and when I put items in the shipping bin they disappear rather than being sold; it doesn't seem to matter how/where I put the items in.

• Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

Hey there!
                First of all, awesome mod! Makes life so much better =)

I know we all are trying to see how the beta is doing, I also have been for the past couple days...

I've found that the latest SMAPI version fixes the crash on the profit screen, at least it fixed it for me.

What has started happening and didn't get fixed is that I cannot use the mod to move items to the shipping bin, since they dissapear. Also cannot left click in the bin, since items also dissapear.
                I have to manually right-click drop item by item in order not to lose what I intend to sell.

Don't think a screenshot would work, but if necessary I may use Jing (or something similar) to capture a video..

EDIT!

One more thing I found..
                Can't use any of the letters for other commands (like E, or I -if you have the item spawner) to name the chests, it just straight up closes the name editing screen

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

I know it's a busy time... :D
                  The shipping bin issue might be fairly simple. It is displaying the shipping bin contents correctly. If you left click the shipping bin to add items individually they are properly added, they display properly as being in the bin and can be removed from the bin. It's only when using the chest view to add items to the bin that they get lost.

Keep up the good work. Thanks!

margotbean likes this.
                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Moragaine @Hakuna Matata @BentFX Thanks for the details. Those are known issue in the Chests Anywhere beta, sorry about that! Unfortunately I'm mainly working on SMAPI right now, but I'll look into that as soon as possible. I added a note to the mod page though, so players aren't caught unaware.

BentFX likes this.
                    • jfunk7997

jfunk7997 Big Damn Hero

In my multiplayer game, only the host has access to all chests. Everyone else can only access the shipping bin. Is this a bug or a permissions issue?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@jfunk7997 Thanks! I can reproduce that, so I'll look into it for the upcoming beta.2.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Chests Anywhere 1.13-beta.2 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3 beta only.)

Release notes:
                          • Fixed broken shipping bin support. (Thanks to CJB!)
                          • Fixed pressing 'e' while editing chest fields closing the menu, and similar input bugs.
                          • Fixed clicking a dropdown also clicking items through it.
                          • Improved Russian translations. (Thanks to fadedDexofan!)

Known issues:
                          • Farmhands don't see chests outside the farm area.

margotbean and BentFX like this.
                          • FlySkyHigh

FlySkyHigh Void-Bound Voyager

Hey I stumbled across an odd bug yesterday while fishing, and then again at the community center. Something is happening where whenever you get a treasure from fishing/fish up something with a full inventory/try to open a bundle reward, it opens up the shipping bin instead of whatever you just got.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@FlySkyHigh Several users have reported that, but I haven't been able to reproduce it yet. To look into it further, I would need:
                              • a specific list of steps that reliably cause the problem (starting from the time you wake up in-game);
                              • your save files.

• FlySkyHigh

FlySkyHigh Void-Bound Voyager

So I've tried reproducing this solo, and it doesn't seem to happen at all in single player. It appears to only happen when you are a farmhand in multiplayer.

• paxchristos

paxchristos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Any way we can get more rows on the shipping bin? With two people and a semi-profitable farm, we easily fill the shipping bin on a regular basis, and I missing seeing what's being sold past the third row.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@paxchristos Not currently. I might add that in a future version though. :)

• paxchristos

paxchristos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks @Pathoschild, just so you and everybody else knows, you still sell the stuff past the third row, you just can't see it anymore.