RELEASED [SMAPI] Chests Anywhere

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Hoona499169

Hoona499169 Void-Bound Voyager

Came here to report the missing 'edit' label UI when Range is set to 'none', and found that not only are you aware, you are already planning it for next release. Just wanted to say how much I appreciate your work. I have about 5 of your mods installed and still really enjoy playing this game after so long. Thank you for continuing to update and putting time into it. Also, your mods are so organized. It's great.

Pathoschild likes this.
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Chests Anywhere 1.12.3 is now available!

Release notes:
      • Added option to disable remote chest access from certain locations.
      • Balanced mode now disables access from the mines.
      • Fixed shipping bin UI not allowing more than 36 items.
      • Fixed shipping bin UI resetting gamepad cursor position on refresh.
      • Fixed error when the range is set to None and a chest is opened directly.

Standardheld likes this.
      • khadaji

khadaji Void-Bound Voyager

I love the mod. But after one day (in game), I end up with a listing of each chest 4 times. These are for chest that are placed in buildings other than my home and the shipping bin. I have searched and searched and I have not found where anyone else has had this issue.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Library-Tech

Library-Tech Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Minor bug to report, but since the latest release, if you obtain a treasure chest (not the item, but the chest that opens to reveal the treasure) while fishing, your shipping bin opens instead and you never get your 'treasure'.

• khadaji

khadaji Void-Bound Voyager

https://log.smapi.io/xwRuy7UA
            And it does not place them. it is when I place them in buildings. If I place them all outside then there is no issue. But if I place them in a building other than home, then I get 4 copies in the menu when I click to see all of my chest.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Library-Tech Thanks for reporting that; I'll look into it for the next update.

@khadaji If you place a chest in a building, save, and reopen the game; is the chest still duplicated in the menu? If so, please attach...
              • a screenshot of the issue;
              • a zip of your save folder;
              • and a zip of your Mods folder.

• artemvlb

artemvlb Void-Bound Voyager

A fairly moderate bug as well. If you put items into any Community Center chest and get a reward, once you open the reward only the shipping box opens up. Meaning you don't get a reward. But the reward is still there so I can keep opening it but theres nothing there because it just keeps opening the shipping box. Might be the same issue with treasure chests (which I don't have an issue as of today, getting 3 treasure chests while fishing and got the full rewards).

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@artemvlb Thanks for reporting it. I added those details to the ticket and I'll look into it for the next release.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@artemvlb @Library-Tech I can't reproduce the issue where Chests Anywhere shows the shipping menu incorrectly. I tried fishing a treasure chest, completing a Community Center bundle, and collecting a museum reward; they all worked fine. If it's still happening for you, can you post a screenshot and your latest SMAPI log after it happens?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• HinataAkiama

HinataAkiama Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Went to do the Luau today, and instead of letting me put something in the soup, it opened up my shipping bin and ate the ingredients I was trying to put in the luau soup. ):

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• HinataAkiama

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

I can't reproduce the issue with your save and mods. Does it keep happening if you try it again?

• HinataAkiama

@Pathoschild It happened after I shipped all of my crops for the day, which I use the 'go ship yourself' box to ship all of my items, instead of the shipping box itself

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@HinataAkiama Thanks! I'm working on SMAPI 2.5 for a bit, but that'll help me track down the issue afterwards.

• TwistedKatiekat

TwistedKatiekat Void-Bound Voyager

Any plans on making it easy to use for controllers?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @TwistedKatiekat. You can open the config.json in a text editor to assign controller buttons to open the menu, edit a chest, navigate chests, and sort items. By default you can navigate chests/categories with the shoulder/trigger buttons, but there's no default button to open the menu to avoid conflicts (since there aren't many buttons available). Feedback is welcome if there are changes you'd like to see. :)

• TwistedKatiekat

TwistedKatiekat Void-Bound Voyager

Apparrently it was already really easy to use with it, i just failed to manuever first xD. How would i change the binding to open the chests-anywhere with the Up button on the d-pad? What would it be called?