RELEASED [SMAPI] Chests Anywhere

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@gamedaddy I'm glad to help! Let me know if it's still not working after you reinstall the mods, and I'll help you figure it out.

• gamedaddy

gamedaddy Space Hobo

What I found is that chests that were already down and "messed with" in Chests Anywhere had to be removed and re-placed. Ones that I tinkered with (while the mod wasn't finding all of its parts) still had some corrupted data. Once the chests were re-placed, everything sorted itself out. Thanks again. Really cool mod, btw.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

That's strange, but glad it's working now. Have fun! :D

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Chests Anywhere 1.12 is now available!

This release adds a few big features:
          • Support for the shipping bin.
            Ship from anywhere, or open the shipping bin to take something back if you make a mistake.
            upload_2017-12-3_23-33-12.png

• Balanced mode.
            (See 'optional files' on Nexus.) With this option enabled, you can only access chests in your current world area (e.g. farm, town, mines). That means you can't access your farm chests from the mines, for example. If you want something even stricter, see the config options to restrict it to the current map.
            upload_2017-12-4_2-14-2.png

• An option to disable remote chests entirely.
            You can now use Chests Anywhere to name your chests and see tooltips, but turn off remote access in the config options.

• Support for Junimo huts.
            Collect harvested crops from your Junimo huts without walking to each one.

Release notes:
          • Updated to SMAPI 2.1.
          • Added support for Junimo huts and the shipping bin.
          • Added option to limit range, for players who want a more balanced mod.
          • Added warning when translation files are missing.
          • Tooltips are no longer shown for unnamed chests.
          • Switched to SMAPI unified controller/keyboard/mouse bindings in config.json.
          • Switched to SMAPI update checks.
          • Fixed being able to close a chest while an item is held, causing the item to disappear.
          • Fixed not being able to reset a chest name to default after editing it.
          • Improved translations thanks to Dorian/d0x7 (German), vanja-san (Russian), and yuwenlan (Chinese).
          Feedback, bug reports, and suggestions are welcome here!

DragonDreads and Androxilogin like this.
          • Honor Shipping

Honor Shipping Big Damn Hero

I don't know about anyone else, but that smiley face looks so satisfied that there's no chest to open... Like it feeds on people's suffering and pain...

Edit: I actually had a question but the smiley face made me forget about it (thanks smiley face :rolleyes:). Are there any chest expansion mods that this mod is compatible with? I would assume so, but I feel like I'd be that person to download the one mod that doesn't work, so maybe the question is if there's any chest expansion mods that this mod isn't compatible with..?

• RyuukiBeat

RyuukiBeat Aquatic Astronaut

Wow cool, chest anywhere getting an update. But, can we get the config for default Shipping Bin?

I like the default shipping bin. I have a case when I shipped more than 36 kinds of shipping items, so the other items need another day to ship. And I like it default system, need to be careful before shipment.

Either way, great mod (=w=)b

Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
              • Basil_oz

Basil_oz Void-Bound Voyager

I Just updated to 1.12. Direct access to the shipping bin is nice! I also run the latest version of Automate and can see the chest pooling in action which is great.

However, I'm not sure if the pooling is causing this bug: whenever you open a chest utilising Chests Anywhere, random items in my backpack jump to the open chest or items in the chest randomly jump into the backpack without being clicked. After flicking through a few chests you wonder "where's my sword gone?" or "How did that pile of coal end up in my backpack?" It happens quite regularly.

I was running the Beta of Automate previously without this issue. I updated Automate to the final version today at the same time as I updated Chest Anywhere so I don't know if there may be a conflict between the two mods with this feature.

By the way, I absolutely love your mods and thank you for sharing these great creations with us.

UPDATE:

I thought that I'd test the different versions of both mods with each other:

Chests Anywhere 1.12 & Automate 1.8 = items involuntarily jumping between backpack and chests
                Chests Anywhere 1.12 & Automate 1.8Beta = item jumping issue persists
                Chests Anywhere 1.11.1 & Automate 1.8Beta = no item jumping
                Chests Anywhere 1.11.1 & Automate 1.8 = still no item jumping.

It seems the issue is tied with the latest version of Chests Anywhere 1.12

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

:)

It's safe to use Chests Anywhere alongside other mods (except Makeshift Multiplayer). That said, chest expansion mods usually work by replacing the chest UI instead of extending it. In those cases you can open the chest directly to see the expanded UI (without the Chests Anywhere features), or open it through Chests Anywhere (but without the expanded UI). Any items that don't fit in the normal UI will be hidden when opened through Chests Anywhere, but they'll still be there and you can safely add/remove items through Chests Anywhere.

Sure, I'll make it configurable in the next release.

That's pretty strange. Can you remove all mods except Automate and Chests Anywhere, and see if it still happens then? If it does, post your latest SMAPI log too.

• wearestarrdust

wearestarrdust Orbital Explorer

Hi :) I've found that this mod only works if you start a new game. I can use this on a new save, but once I try to play my in-progress save - it doesn't work. Is there any way around this, or to fix it? I'd LOVE to use this in my current game, and at 45 hours in - I really don't want to restart.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@wearestarrdust Pressing B (by default) doesn't show the Chests Anywhere menu on an existing save? Can you try it again, then post your latest SMAPI log?

• envylover

envylover Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have to same problem with Basil_oz items jumping between backpack and chests and I don't have automate mod so maybe it bug from v.1.12

the issue is when I change chest tab my mouse click on tab and items behind it move to my inventory to.

• wearestarrdust

Nope, I've changed the default, and this is what it shows (see image attached) (regardless of button used, default or otherwise) ONE chest comes up, but I can't do anything with it.

I've tested this with no other mods, and it still happens. I thought it might have been related to a texture I had on the chests, but that didn't make any difference either.

Parse here https://log.smapi.io/NqJxzNET

Thanks for replying so quickly :D

Attached Files:

• Basil_oz

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm heading to work at the moment so I'll do a test with all mods removed when I get home.

I did do a quick test to see if my issue did the same as @envylover and it does! The items that jump from either backpack to chest or chest to backpack are the ones behind where I click in the drop-down tabs. (I have a lot of chests so that's why I sometimes get backpack to chests LOL.) They were always the first or second item of the row which is where I tend to click the name in the tab.

I'll do some further testing when I get home to see if clicking on the far left edge of the tab, where the UI border is, stops the item jumps.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Basil_oz

Updated SMAPI to 2.2 and it seems good so far. I have been testing by clicking the tabs, particularly over the items, and none of the item jumping has occurred. Thanks so much for your help and your tremendous mods.

• wearestarrdust

Hopefully, you can work with these. Honestly, the parse didn't reveal anything to me so idk if you found anything there.

Hope this helps get to the bottom of this! :) Thanks very much.

(The mods file was too big for one file...or two, hopefully, this is okay)

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@wearestarrdust Found the issue. When you enable "Menu Backgrounds" in the options, the Chests Anywhere overlay is hidden behind the menu background. I'll fix that in an upcoming version, but you can turn off that option for now to see the overlay.

• Honor Shipping

So if I come across one that simply expands the UI instead of replacing it, will Chests Anywhere still hide any items in the expansion? It's not a huge deal, since I'd rather use this over a storage expansion if the expansion will currently always be hidden, but I'd rather use both if it's already possible.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Honor Shipping If you can find one that extends the UI without replacing it, then the chest UI should show both features at once. I don't know if any work that way, though.

• Honor Shipping

Okay, thanks for the help~!