Modding Help SMAPI causing Lag/FPS Drops

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Kiurinha, Nov 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kiurinha

Kiurinha Void-Bound Voyager

Hey!

I know that someone already posted a thread about this issue, but it was really old and my case is a bit different...

So... a week ago I installed SMAPI and a few mods, and I was really happy with it - No lag, No FPS Drops, nothing! Everything worked fine.

Today, I played all morning without issue, but when I wanted to play this afternoon, I noticed some lag issues... really bad ones to be sincere...

I rebooted my PC, re-installed SMAPI, re-installed the entire game, removed the mods that I had ... but the game running with smapi lags really bad... If I run the game without SMAPI it runs ok...

I leave here my SMAPI log - although I think there is nothing wrong with it - and I hope someone can help me.

https://log.smapi.io/Xd1Bx6FQ

The game is really good... but the MODS really help in everything...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Kiurinha Can you play until it starts lagging, then post your latest SMAPI log? The log you posted seems to be from October with no mods installed.

• Kiurinha

Kiurinha Void-Bound Voyager

There must be a bug or something because the log is from the day I posted the thread. But the problem is solved, my antivirus has a game mode and when i add the smapi path, it started running normally again.

Well thank you anyway... Now I know I can trust the forum to help me if i got some problem.

• Diotheawesome

Diotheawesome Poptop Tamer

sometimes when the game crashes, some mods causes fps drop which my problem last time was the fading, black screen and pops out than fading again which the mods loads very slow which it doesn't bother me but my OCD does. Just make sure you updated your mods and SMAPI to the latest version and uninstall the part where the mods aren't working, the red fonts type.