WIP [SMAPI] Ashley NPC - New NPC

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Travoos, Mar 30, 2016.

1. mvhnexus

mvhnexus Pangalactic Porcupine

this is really awesome!

• juicyslew

juicyslew Master Chief

I am testing the mod, but Ashley kinda breaks at festivals, and breaks everyone else. But the reason everyone else breaks appears to be because they are all shifted down one person. A quick fix to this would be to make any new characters have a two 'z's in front of there ID (not their in game name) this would at least stop everyone else from breaking.. Probably.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
      • HiHaHi123

HiHaHi123 Orbital Explorer

So cute~!<3

• SkyeTheNoob

SkyeTheNoob Big Damn Hero

Hello! I've been trying to make a NPC of my own using your code as a base (I plan on writing dialogue/events/etc. making the art myself once I get the functional base down), and for the most part I've been able to change the dialogue and the overworld sprite/portraits (placeholders as is rn) but I'm unable to change the names from "Ashley" to my own, "Zero". If I change the values of Strings that have "Ashley" in it to "Zero," Ashley-Zero disappears/doesn't appear or exist anymore. What should I do? ; o ; (I hope you're alright with me trying to use your source code, by the way-- I'll stop and devise my own mod from scratch if you'd like. ;; )

• Dizzyk

Dizzyk Space Hobo

I hate to bring a thread back from the dead, but i was looking at your code and had some questions about how you added the npc to the game. I see you did something with XNL serializers, does that manipulate the game's save file? Forgive the noob question. I am currently learning by creating my own custom npc.

• blabla1111

blabla1111 Intergalactic Tourist

• Makein

Makein Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Still not updated?

• thingwithwings

thingwithwings Phantasmal Quasar

Sadly, no @Makein I'm trying to get the creator's permission to adapt Ashley to the customNPC mod, but they haven't messaged me back

• Makein

Makein Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, You can adapt scripts and leave instruction what text to copy where and someone who dl original can change it himself.
                  To tell the truth I don't get it how map position on map work (numbers...), so I not created my npc with it :(