RELEASED [SMAPI] All Crops All Seasons--Plant and Harvest Any Crop in Any Season

Discussion in 'Cheats' started by cantorsdust, Mar 7, 2016.

1. cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Current Version: 1.2.0.0.SMAPI for SMAPI 1.0+ and SDV 1.1.

Allows all crops to be grown in all seasons, including winter.
    By cantorsdust.

[​IMG]

With XNB modding alone, crops can be set to be planted and grown in all four seasons. However, an additional check in winter deletes any crops planted. The DLL portion of this mod prevents this check by tricking the game into believing the farm is the greenhouse. This allows all crops to be planted and grown in all seasons.

Thus, this mod should be very, very simple to use. Just install the files, and play the game. Your crops will be saved without issue each night, and you can plant seeds regardless of the season.

INSTALLATION

SMAPI 1.0+:

There are two folders in this .zip. The Mods folder should be placed in your main folder Stardew Valley\Mods.
    The Content folder must be placed in your main Stardew Valley folder so that Crops.xnb in Stardew Valley\Content\Data is replaced. Be sure to make a backup!

Thus, the total path for all three files required for this mod to function are:
    Stardew Valley\Mods\All Crops All Seasons\All Crops All Seasons.dll

AND

Stardew Valley\Mods\All Crops All Seasons\manifest.json

AND

Stardew Valley\Content\Data\Crops.xnb.

REQUIRES SMAPI 1.0+ to be installed! Will be compatible with SMAPI 1.9.
    https://github.com/Pathoschild/SMAPI/releases

USAGE

Run StardewModdingAPI.exe in your main Stardew Valley folder. This will load the mods and then start the game.

You will find that you can plant any crop in any season, harvest them in any season, and not lose them on season change.

This mod does NOT change store inventories, so you can only purchase crop seeds during their usual seasons.

LICENSE

All Crops All Seasons is licensed under GPL v3. You will find a copy of its source at the same place you downloaded it, https://github.com/cantorsdust/All-Crops-All-Seasons

Copyright 2016-2017 cantorsdust

All Crops All Seasons is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
    it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
    the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
    (at your option) any later version.

All Crops All Seasons is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
    GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
    along with All Crops All Seasons. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

CHANGELOG

v1.2.0.0.SMAPI
    Updated for SMAPI 1.0+ and Stardew Valley 1.1 (updated for coffee plant).

v1.1.0.0.SMAPI
    Updated for SMAPI 0.39.

v1.0
    Initial release.

Download from releases.

Source code at github.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
      009i66, Yoseiri, asteriaex and 8 others like this.
    • SinisterHumanoid

SinisterHumanoid Void-Bound Voyager

Any chance you could make varrients? I would love this, but just for flowers, since where I live, I can grow nearly any kind of flowers any time of the year

• cantorsdust

I could, if I get some time. I could make it configurable which crops are saved in winter. However, which crops grow spring through fall is dependent on the XNB, and I'm not going to make an XNB mod for every variant--though it would not be hard for the user to do with XNB Node.

With Storm, what you're asking for should be easier to do. Wait a bit for that to come out and we'll see.

• SinisterHumanoid

SinisterHumanoid Void-Bound Voyager

Fair enough, will wait

• Clovilah

Clovilah Void-Bound Voyager

Would you be willing to make one without Winter?

• cantorsdust

If you want one without winter, just use the XNB file in the download. Your crops will die upon the change to winter.

I have this mod half working in Storm. Had to write a few events myself for it, and Storm had to be patched to allow a few more. The Storm release, hopefully, will also feature seeds being sold in all seasons at the shop. Hopefully sometime this week.

• laige

laige Yeah, You!

Thank you for this mod. It works well, but there are two things I would like to ask you about.

First the crops I have growing get killed off when the season changes. Example: I can have parsnips growing but when spring kicks over to summer the spring crops I have growing die and I have to replant them.

I am pretty happy with this mod even so.

Second I can only buy crops during their correct seasons at the store. I'm fine with this as it just means I have to plan and store seeds for later use. But if you made it possible to buy the crops anytime I too would be good with that too.

Thank you for this good mod.

• cantorsdust

You did not install this mod correctly. Make sure you have replaced Crops.xnb in Content\Data with the mod's version. As for the store, I hope to have a fix for that with Storm, but Storm is not quite ready yet for what I'm trying to do.

• FinalMantasyX

FinalMantasyX Big Damn Hero

Also hoping for a flowers-only variant.

• cantorsdust

Added Storm version, v1.1.0.0. Does the same as SMAPI without XNB modding. Still would like to do seed shop inventory editing when it becomes feasible with Storm. Long term I'll make a config file that lets you set which crops you'd like to have grow in what seasons.

https://github.com/cantorsdust/All-Crops-All-Seasons/releases

Edit: Should mention that this requires the most recent Storm build. Like, as of this writing, less than 1 hour ago. It won't work without that build. So update your Storm.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
                      • Ainaak

Ainaak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

First let me say, I adore this mod and I enjoy being able to plant things I didn't get a chance to in previous seasons.

Second I want to ask if the plants die after a certain amount of harvesting, if not can there be an optional add-on that does this?

While it's nice to be able to harvest stuff like tomatoes and strawberries in winter it would be extremely tedious to manually destroy them with a pickax one at a time when I want to plant a single harvest crop, I think I could probably use a bomb or something but that would ruin my paths. So I was thinking after a certain number of times of harvesting something, (10-20 maybe) they would wither like it does after a season transition, that way I only need to use my scythe to clear the ground.

Of course if you aren't willing, I'll just suck it up and do it manually.

• cantorsdust

That's not actually a bad idea--a configurable number of harvests per crop. It would require a fair amount of work to implement, however, because I would have to track each crop individually and see how many times it's been harvested. It may be a while before I revisit this idea--I still want to get seed stores up and running for this mod as well as improving my other two mods first.

• Ainaak

Ainaak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's completely fine with me and sounds awesome, thanks for even considering it. :)

• clickeddaisy

clickeddaisy Big Damn Hero

hmm, does not work for me. im using 1.1 with a storm version that was released on sunday

• ThunderLynx

ThunderLynx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you are using SMAPI with the trainer installed than you can give yourself the items. but you need to find the id numbers.
                                google is your friend.

• RoseLTyler

RoseLTyler Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but on Season Change, my plants all wither and die. The only exception is the transition to Winter. I'm running the SMAPI version and I've installed it correctly.

• cantorsdust

Your Crops.xnb is not working. Either double check that you installed it correctly, or check to see if it was overwritten during an update. Either way, reinstalling the XNB should fix it.

• RoseLTyler

RoseLTyler Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have reinstalled it multiple times. Let me try again.

• cantorsdust

I just confirmed with v1.0.0.0 on SMAPI with the XNB installed and had parsnips survive the transition to summer.

• ThunderLynx

ThunderLynx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What I do is place a chest in the middle (or next to) of each crop with seeds in it to remind me what I planted there. saves me time replanting too. plus those crows keep stealing my stuff.