RELEASED [SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader 1.4.7

Helps modders modify the in-game locations!

1. 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, just updated to 1.4.1, and can confirm that everything appears to be working as in 1.3.7, and that the error I mentioned still occurs, so I'll report it now. Basically, this is a continuation of the previous error reported about non-loading custom tilesheets, but with an added twist.

So, I started up a new test file with a new "beta" of Ulithium's JungleTemple mod I'm working on. When you load up the file, the map looks like this on Spring 1: Untitled.png

As you can see, everything seems to be loading correctly (in terms of the temple entryway). After that, I walk back and forth across the house 28 times, in order to reach Summer 1 as quickly as possible. On Summer 1, the map looks like this (with accompying non-error log):
    Untitled2.png https://log.smapi.io/KGVkWD8R
    As you can see, the tiles around the doorway do not change. These tiles are on the custom tilesheet.

The interesting new issue arose when I quit out of Stardew Valley and reloaded the same file again, with no changes to anything else. When I once again went to the map, it now looks like this (with accompanying non-error log):
    Untitled3.png https://log.smapi.io/ifKq9YYt

If you look, despite it being Summer 1, now the vanilla tilesheet is on the Spring variant, and the custom tilesheet is on its Summer variant.

...I'm not even sure what to make of all this, @Entoarox and @Pathoschild :(

As a note, I have tried this with only ALL, XNB, and Framework, and there were no differences, so it's not another mod causing this...

Any ideas?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The first issue I am utterly confused about, since the log says that seasonal tilesheets are being updated... >_< So I ask you to contact me on Discord so I can do some 1on1 debugging with you on that.
      The second one I already figured out, and essentially boils down to "I need to force season update in the game code" and will be fixed ASAP.

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

So after a bit of troubleshooting, I discovered that ALL does not like having "version 1.2.0" in the manifest.json files for the content packs. Pathoschild helped me figure it out, but suggested I pop over here and let y'all know too. Though I'm still having issues getting Cleanup Crew to load correctly as well.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• 13akoors

If you are still having trouble with this, that's because the "version 1.2.0" needs to remain in the locations.json file for ALL to load it correctly. It's not part of the "About" section that is being split off into the new manifest.json file. If I remember correctly, it refers to the documentation version that ALL uses, and removing it makes ALL unsure which data structure you're using.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Correct, the loader version is a tag which tells ALL what format version (1.1 or 1.2) the content pack is written in, and allows ALL to read old 1.1 mods.

• .Lavender.

.Lavender. Pangalactic Porcupine

I hope it's okay to post here. I can't seem to figure out how to get ALL (or even just SMAPI in general) to read seasonal tile sheets. I recently made a custom NPC, and a user reported this error when trying to run it with ALL:

4:47 ERROR Advanced Location Loader] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `zNagitoCottage` TileSheet in the `Beach` location is treated as seasonal but does not have proper seasonal formatting, this will cause bugs!
              [19:04:47 ERROR Advanced Location Loader] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `zNagitoCottage` TileSheet in the `Beach` location is seasonal but ALL cant find the tilesheet for the `spring` season, this will cause bugs!
              [19:04:47 ERROR Advanced Location Loader] Advanced Location Loader requested an immediate game shutdown: The `zNagitoCottage` TileSheet in the `Beach` location is seasonal but ALL cant find the tilesheet for the `summer` season, this will cause bugs!

Note that he currently doesn't have any seasonal tile sheets, but I'd gladly make some if I knew how to incorporate them.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

That is ALL telling you that you added a tilesheet to a outdoor map, and that that tilesheet isnt seasonal when it should be. Having a non-seasonal tilesheet on a outdoor location causes a soft-lock that prevents you from changing to the next season.

• .Lavender.

Thank you for the response!
                  So how do I fix it? Replace the tilesheet with one that begins with "spring_" instead of "z"?

• 13akoors

actually, you'd need to make it end with _spring
                    removing the z is also a good idea, but that's my personal opinion

You'd also need to make the other 3 versions to ensure the game doesn't have issues later

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

ending in _spring is ALL's mechanic for seasonal tilesheets, the error is that a tilesheet SDV-vanilla requires to be seasonal in its way (<season>_<namewithoutunderscores>) does not exist properly.
                      If that error happens, you will get stuck on day 30 of the season, and the game wont work properly until you remove the faulty mod, and sleep to day 1 of the next season.

• 13akoors

To clear up some confusion on my end, are you wanting to use ALL to load this mod in, or are you planning on using other means?

• .Lavender.

I'm trying to just get it to load with ALL installed. It loads and works fine without it, but people have reported problems if both are installed.
                          Thank you again for the help! I'm about to remake the map with the renames.

Edit: Okay, so trying to change it gives me this error now.

[Custom NPC] Mod crashed when editing asset 'Maps\Beach', which may cause errors in-game. Error details:
                          System.Exception: The specified TileSheet is not in the parent map
                          at xTile.Tiles.StaticTile..ctor(Layer layer, TileSheet tileSheet, BlendMode blendMode, Int32 tileIndex)
                          at CustomNPC.CustomNPCMod.injectIntoMap(Map source, Map target, Vector2 targetPosition, GameLocation location, Boolean includeEmpty) in C:\Users\David\Documents\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\CustomNPC\CustomNPCMod.cs:line 568
                          at CustomNPC.CustomNPCMod.Edit[T](IAssetData asset) in C:\Users\David\Documents\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\CustomNPC\CustomNPCMod.cs:line 1201
                          at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentCore.ApplyEditors[T](IAssetInfo info, IAssetData asset) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentCore.cs:line 715

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
                          • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

CustomNPC is looking for a tilesheet it cant find.

• .Lavender.

But why can't it find it? That's a default sheet?
                              I've checked and yes it's in Content.

Also thank you so much for your help and patience.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

CustomNPC is expecting Maps/Beach to have a tilesheet, but that tilesheet isnt attached to the Maps/Beach map.

• .Lavender.

I figured it out and got it working! Thank you again for the help!

• FarmerRen

FarmerRen Void-Bound Voyager

Heya ^^ I posted in a SMAPI thread a few weeks back about a crash when the season changed to summer from spring. I'm getting it again on my move from summer into fall and according to the errorlog it says it's having trouble with the Expanded Crevices pack's summit fall xmb. I'll post the file. It says it can't load it properly and I just updated my Advanced Location Loader to the newest version a few days ago and the update says it fixes bugs with seasonal texture changes.
                                    Can you tell me why it's not working for me?

Attached Files:

• 13akoors

From what I can tell, that appears to be an issue with Expanded Crevice, not ALL. Have you messaged Androx about it?

• FarmerRen

FarmerRen Void-Bound Voyager

No, but I found out there was a download on the mod post for Expanded Crevice for a modified .json file and I put that in and it SEEMS ok now. =/