RELEASED [SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader 1.4.7

Helps modders modify the in-game locations!

1. 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

To best explain Andro's statement, let me give the best example I can.

In ALL, you can add custom conditions to modify the game given certain conditions. For example, let's say you put a boulder in front of the Greenhouse to block access until you complete a specific task, such as donating the 4 dwarven scrolls and obtaining the dwarven alphabet. (Random example, yes, but it'll get the point across) So, before you get the dwarven alphabet, the boulder exists.

Now let's say you get the alphabet. Well, the boulder is removed. But, depending on how the mod is coded, the game may not re-check to make sure the boulder is gone once the condition is fulfilled. So if the mod is coded incorrectly, you'll log in one day to find that the boulder is back, even though you do have the alphabet. In that case, the mod needs altered.

However, sometimes the mod doesn't re-add the boulder at all, but continues to try and remove it, which causes SMAPI to report an error that the tiles don't exist. In that case, nothing is wrong with the mod and the Errors can be ignored.

So, the question is, what is actually wrong with the mod. Is there an in-game issue, or are you just reporting the ERROR that SMAPI is displaying with no in-game issues? The only thing I can think Andro is saying is that the issue you're reporting doesn't actually affect anything, so you can ignore it. If not, you need to explain what the actual problem is

• Amariel34

Amariel34 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you so much. That helps explain what he meant. The issue is that ,with the error coming up, is that all the crops I had planted in the greenhouse are simply gone. Even in the first vanilla room. If I go back to SMAPI 2.3 then they reappear just like they were before. It may not seem like a huge deal, but having to buy all the trees and wait for them to grow again is a pain in the behind. xD

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
      • 13akoors

If that's the case, then that is a bigger issue. If you've not done so yet, make sure to remove all mods besides the greenhouse mod and any mods it depends on and retry. It seems like that shouldn't be being caused be Andro's mod, but having not played it I can hardly be an expert.

• Amariel34

Hmmm..... Could it be because I use trees from More Trees and Fresh Meat through JsonAssets? That's the only mod(s) I can think of that have anything to do with the greenhouse or the community center, as I have those trees in the greenhouse. Would I need to contact the creator of JsonAssets or the Trees/Meat mods? I'd rather not try to delete those mods as it would require me to kill off a ton of crops and trees in four save files. *giggles*

• 13akoors

It might be. The only way to know is to remove the mods and find out.

As long as you don't save, you can re-add the mods after testing and not lose anything.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The disappearance issue *only* happens with SMAPI 2.4+? Because if so, I know what the issue is, and I'll have to contact pathos to get it solved....

• Amariel34

Yes, it's only when I update to 2.4. If I go back to SMAPI 2.3 everything shows up again.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

SMAPI 2.5-beta.3 compatible ALL 1.4-beta file

This is a beta version of AdvancedLocationLoader compatible with the (currently) latest version of the SMAPI beta.
                  Please note that this beta version is *highly likely* to have bugs, and backups of your savegames should be made before installing!

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Context: Advanced Location Loader 1.4 beta adds support for SMAPI 2.5-beta content packs. That lets you install ALL mods just by dropping them into your Mods folder, and SMAPI will automatically run update and compatibility checks on them. (We'll need to update existing location mods to work from Mods, but they'll still work in the locations folder until then.)

• Amariel34

Thank you. :) Will there be a non-beta version of ALL or is this download pretty much it?

• 13akoors

There will certainly be a full release, as soon as Ento is able to release it.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

A non-beta will release as soon as I have time to do one.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• 13akoors

Hey, Ento. Currently having issues running any map mods with the 1.4.0 version. I tested with the 1.3.7 version and it worked fine. 1.4.0 claims the following:

[Advanced Location Loader] Loading content pack 'Jungle Temple'...
                            [Advanced Location Loader] Skipped: can't find a locations.json or manifest.json file.

Also, I may have just found another weird bit in regards to the "not updating custom tilesheets" issue, but I'll wait to report it once I can load the mod in 1.4, in case the issue goes away

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
                            • Midnyght

Midnyght Orbital Explorer

Edit: I just realized looking back through the terminal that it's because Entorax isn't loading correctly

I'm having trouble with ALL, just installed everything fresh and I'm getting this on first starting:

[Advanced Location Loader] Mod crashed on entry and might not work correctly. Technical details:

System.BadImageFormatException: Could not resolve field token 0x04000206

File name: 'EntoaroxFramework'

at Entoarox.AdvancedLocationLoader.ModEntry.Entry (IModHelper helper) <0x1673d7610 + 0x0020d> in <filename unknown>:0

at StardewModdingAPI.Program.LoadMods (StardewModdingAPI.Framework.IModMetadata[] mods, StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Serialisation.JsonHelper jsonHelper, StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SContentManager contentManager) <0x16704faf0 + 0x03fcd> in <filename unknown>:0

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

re-download & install EF.
                                Any issues unique to 1.4 should be forwarded to @Pathoschild since he's the one who provided the content pack compatibility patch.

• 13akoors

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
                                • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@13akoors Sorry for the delay, I've been getting things ready for the upcoming Stardew Valley beta. I sent a pull request to @Entoarox which fixes that. :)

• 13akoors

You're good. Don't even worry about it. Hope beta updates go well.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank