RELEASED [SMAPI] Advanced Location Loader 1.4.7

Helps modders modify the in-game locations!

1. Enorhiel

Enorhiel Void-Bound Voyager

Hello!

When I launch the game with my new custom location, I have no error message in my debug window. but when I click on New or select a character with Load, the game crashes and the debug shows me that :

As you can see, I'm on Mac, so maybe that's simply it, but I don't know, I'm kinda new at that. I saw someone else had the same issue but his message was from January so I didn't pull it back.

Thanks for the help if you can do something!

(And sorry for the bad english, not my native language...)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This is a known issue with SDV 1.2 on OSX, the bundled mono has been stripped of functionality that EntoFramework uses >_<

• Enorhiel

And is there any way to make it works anyway? Or am I just doomed?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You will have to wait until I can release a fix for this, but due to what is causing the issue it will take a while before I can do so.

• Enorhiel

In that case I'll wait! Good luck, and thanks for your work! :)

• SheepMilks

SheepMilks Phantasmal Quasar

yeah with mine, it just doesn't load any of the locations for some reason? ;w;
              My game is like opening fine, no red warning text, but once i start, it pops up red text saying it cant load areas

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You'll need to submit a full error report, so Ento can see what's going on. It may be one of the issues mentioned previously, in which case Ento is certainly working to fix it as best he can given what is possible. But in case it's a new issue, full error log, please

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

As a note, I've had a new EntoaroxFramework and AdvancedLocationLoader in beta testing for a while now, and the reset bug has been fixed in testing, unfortunately I will need to get all my mods updated to the new EF version, so it will take a while before the whole bunch releases.

13akoors and Ladysarajane like this.
                  • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Hey, I've been slowing trying to learn how to use ALL and your documentation has really helped. I've been trying to get ALL to give a GetDressed as a tile property. This is what I have so far following your documentation:

"Properties":[
                    {
                    "Key": "Action",
                    "Value": "GetDressed",
                    "LayerId": "Buildings",
                    "MapName": "FarmHouse2",
                    "TileX": 74,
                    "TileY": 52,
                    "Conditions":"",
                    "Optional": false
                    },

And Pathos directed me to here: https://github.com/AdvizeGH/GetDressed/blob/master/GetDressed/GetDressed.cs#L221-L222
                    I can't seem to make any sense of it, could you help me figure out what I still need to do?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Please post your log from after attempting to click on the tile, that will show if my own action-detection code is seeing it or not, as that narrows it down between a issue on my end or their end.

• HopeWasHere

Nothing seems to happen when I click on the tiles, could be because of this error:
                        [20:26:33 ERROR Advanced Location Loader] Unable to apply property patch, location does not exist:property(FarmHouse2@[74,52]:Buildings => `Action` = GetDressed)
                        [20:26:33 ERROR Advanced Location Loader] Unable to apply property patch, location does not exist:property(FarmHouse2@[75,52]:Buildings => `Action` = GetDressed)
                        [20:26:33 ERROR Advanced Location Loader] Unable to apply property patch, location does not exist:property(FarmHouse2_marriage@[74,52]:Buildings => `Action` = GetDressed)
                        [20:26:33 ERROR Advanced Location Loader] Unable to apply property patch, location does not exist:property(FarmHouse2_marriage@[75,52]:Buildings => `Action` = GetDressed)

But anyways, here's the full log. Turned on the game, clicked on the tile, turned it off

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

DOH, obvious problem is obvious: There is no `MapName` called "FarmHouse2" or "FarmHouse2_marriage", you need to just use "FarmHouse" as the map, then use the `houseLevel=X` condition to only apply the edit to a certain house level.

• HopeWasHere

That worked! Thanks again :)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Another note, due to how CA coded the game, the tile above a action tile, as long as it doesnt have a action of its own, counts as clickable for the tile below it, so the 74,52 one isnt needed, unless you want a 3 tiles high clickable region.

• HopeWasHere

Oh, that's good to know. Thanks for the heads up

• 13akoors

Hey, Ento. I recently had a bug reported to me as appearing in Tego's Stardew Expansion, and I've never seen it before. I'm assuming it's an issue with ALL/Framework, but correct me if I'm wrong.

The issue that's appearing is that the game does not seem to be properly loading tilesheets when going into other seasons. The example shown to me was in winter, where maps edited by TSE would have some tiles be winter tiles, while everything else is spring. AspenGrow.png Backwood.png

The issue does not happen on any maps not modified by TSE, and it also strangely does not work on maps loaded via XNBLoader. No errors are thrown up in SMAPI. Also, in testing to fix the issue, I found that it only occurs if you save and reload the file, as playing straight from Spring 1 to Winter 1 never loads the issue.

Do you know what's causing this, and if there's a fix for it?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
                                  • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

With save and reload, do you mean without quitting? As the "Quit to title" support is *VERY* flawed currently, few if any of us designed our mods with that functionality in mind since CA removed it originally....

• 13akoors

I have not tested it with quitting to title. It currently occurs if you quit to desktop and then reopen and replay the same file. It looks like it's not properly loading the tilesheets upon reloading.

EDIT: I have now attempted to test it with quitting to title, but that actually just crashes the game. Funnily, that is also caused by ALL.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
                                      • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Yeah, I am honestly not surprised, when 1.2 came out, I've been far busier getting EF back to functioning (At -all-) then I was with getting "Quit to title" to work....
                                        Hopefully once I have the time to get EF 2.0 out and working I can go in and get ALL working nicely with all the changes in 1.2, unfortunately RL is a bitch, who has currently made me her bitch, so it'll take a while...

• 13akoors

Well, try not to overwork yourself too much. We can make due until you have more time. Without people like you and Pathoschild, modding would be next to impossible anyways, so we're all appreciative of what you've managed to do so far.