SMAPI .37 mods not working

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Elson Shale, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Elson Shale

Elson Shale Tentacle Wrangler

In the interest of not posting in each thread for the mods I am trying to use I am just making this one thread. I have Calendar Anywhere, Durable Fences, Instant Fishing Catch, and No Friend Decay. I have tried placing them both in the MOD folder that is in the main directory and the one that is under %appdata% (not simultaneously). I am using a shortcut on the desktop that points to the api StardewModdingAPI.exe. I went into launch options and set it to point at the exe and added the %command% option. Not sure if that could be what's making them not work. Mostly the only one I really care about is InstantFishingCatch. Yes I am that bad at fishing. Can't even catch a damn sardine. The others would be nice to have but are not really necessary. Just an added convenience. Anyway I digress. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• Stealth103

Stealth103 Orbital Explorer

Calendar Anywhere and Durable Fences aren't compatible with .37 unless the creator updated them, I don't think he did as he's working on the new Storm API. Do you have TrainerMod.dll which came with SMAPI in your mods folder along with your other mods? What does the command prompt say?

• Elson Shale

That doesn't explain why instantfishingcatch is not working. I'm not even sure if no relationship decay is or is not working. TrainerMod is in the same folder, in the mod directory in steamapps\common\stardewvalley. The command prompt doesn't look like it's giving out any errors.

• WirlWind

WirlWind Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The 0.37 API update changed a lot, as will the next release (Plus I think the game's latest patch changed a few things too).

Honestly, I wouldn't try to get too into mods for a little while, since there's another API coming in the future that will require even more mod re-works. Going to be a LOT of "my mods broke!" over the coming weeks.

I'd imagine a lot of modders are also currently holding off on updating because they're just gonna have to re-work them in a week or two anyway.

Vixxi likes this.
          • Elson Shale

Apparently SMAPI.exe doesn't work when it is pointed at in Steam through launch options. It will load everything just fine but the mods just don't work. It may just be my lame 4 year old laptop. Not the best hardware.

• Vervi

Vervi Void-Bound Voyager

instantfishingcatch is not updated for 0.37. You can take the in game cheat menu mod if you want, he got a similar feature in it.

• Elson Shale

Thank you.

• Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

Really good to know, because mine kept crashing or crashing when I was about to save a lot. I decided to only go with mods that change the xnb file, say horse or cat or marriage sprites because I'm guessing those won't mess with anything, since they don't need smapi.

• ClxS

ClxS Pangalactic Porcupine

The next version of SMAPI will take a while to be released. Whether I do release it just depends on how well Storm works by time I'm done. :)
                    It'll be backwards compatible though. All those changes I made in 0.37 had to be done since the code is a bit of a mess.

ided likes this.