RELEASED [SMAPI 1.5] CJB Automation v1.4 Beta [01-Jan-2017]

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by CJB, Mar 29, 2016.

1. huancz

huancz Subatomic Cosmonaut

That bug comes from my code, and Eurion didn't correctly import my later fix into his, so it could be either. If you get my last version (see three posts above for links) you should be fine, it contains both of our work now.

• jimneptune

jimneptune Aquatic Astronaut

Does your version of this mod work on Mac's?

• huancz

No idea, sorry. If original CJB version worked on mac then this will too, otherwise you are on your own, I don't own one to test it.

Based on information by Entoarox in one of the other threads some framework or SMAPI replacement that will help with compatibility is usually needed/in development, but I didn't research the details.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

CJB Automation 1.4 beta is ready for testing (see attached). This is an official update in collaboration with @CJB, and includes the changes by @huancz and @Eurion (thanks!). Changes in this release:
          • Updated to Stardew Valley 1.1+ and SMAPI 1.5.
          • Added compatibility with Linux and Mac.
          • Added support for casks, mushroom cave boxes, and slime egg-presses.
          • Added support for coffee, mead, and void mayonnaise.
          • Fixed error when automating seed maker.
          • Fixed juices and wines not correctly named.
          Feedback, suggestions, and bug reports are welcome here. If nothing comes up, we'll publish the release soon. :)

Attached Files:

ultrasius and Constance like this.
          • CJB

CJB Scruffy Nerf-Herder

OP updated!

Everyone! Please give a special thanks to Pathoschild for updating my mods to the latest version of SDV.

Swung and Constance like this.
            • huancz

I've been meaning to clean the branch a bit (get rid of the compiled binaries for example) and open a PR, but never got to it, to much bad stuff happened in my life recently. Thanks for making it official, is always better to have current version in OP and nexusmods instead of having users hunt for lost post in a middle of a thread.

Pathoschild likes this.
              • Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

Is there any way to have one chest supply multiple machines? Putting one furnace either side seems to work but then I'd need multiple chests as I actually have four furnaces...

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Farm.Automation.Item.Collector. I've used it successfully placing a chest between two machines, but I understand it can actually handle more.

• Shade_81

Shade_81 Void-Bound Voyager

Exploit in version 1.4: Seed maker will pull coffee beans from chests and duplicate them. Seed makers will not normally take coffee beans. Since a coffee bean is both a seed and a finished crop, this exploit allows you to duplicate an infinite supply of them in any season without needing to grow them.

• ultrasius

ultrasius Void-Bound Voyager

can you fix the coffee beans requirement to make coffee please, since it only needs 1 bean to make a cup automatically in this patch

• Ficedula

Ficedula Intergalactic Tourist

I'm really enjoying this mod and have been getting great use out of it. but one of the things I started using it for just stopped working unexpectedly.

For some reason furnaces aren't functioning with ore anymore. I can drop quartz in chest and it works fine, but any ore and it just sits there. i've emptied and removed the chest, picked up and put down the furnaces, moved the full assembly elsewhere and nothing seems to fix it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

not sure if i'm just screwing something up.

This is on the 1.4 beta with only a extended fridge mod running as well (though i've also tried without the fridge mod)

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

Found your problem, you forgot to put coal into the furnace chest :p everything but quartz needs coal for the furnace.

• Ficedula

Ficedula Intergalactic Tourist

ooooh hahahahaha my bad. thanks!

• nck237

nck237 Big Damn Hero

First off, I love this mod, once I started using it the game was basically unplayable without it (I guess it spoiled me)

Long story short, I used to run bootcamp on my mac and played SDV on the windows side since these type of mods only worked in Windows. Bootcamp broke and now I'm just playing it on Mac OS. I downloaded and installed the SMAPI for Mac and this mod, and it kinda works... But it only pulls/pushes to the first machine next to the chest. Previously I could have like 20 machines tied to one chest. I'm using the same setup as I did previously, is there something I need to config in the jason file or something? I tried googling my issue and found nada. So if someone knows how to help me I would be so happy :)

• Cika26

Cika26 Space Hobo

Will this mod be updated for 1.2 (beta)?

• HinataAkiama

HinataAkiama Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This mod doesn't work with the mill? I can't get it to start up ):

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

You were probably using ItemCollector, which has that feature. Unfortunately that mod hasn't been updated for recent versions of the game.

That would be possible in the upcoming release, but sadly that mod seems to be abandoned.

Yep, I'll update it once 1.2 is out of beta.

Does this still happen for you with CJB Automation 1.4?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

CJB Automation 2.0 is almost ready for beta testing. Here are the release notes so far:
                                      • Updated to SMAPI 1.9.
                                      • Added support for crab pots, fruit trees, mills, soda machines, statues of endless fortune, and statues of perfection.
                                      • Added support for machines outside the farm area and casks outside the cellar.
                                      • Fixed stacks split between chests not being recognised.
                                      • Fixed refined quartz recipe not using coal.
                                      • Fixed coffee recipe using 1 coffee bean instead of 5.
                                      • Fixed seed maker accepting coffee beans.
                                      • Diagonal transfer is now enabled by default.
                                      • Removed special case for mushroom cave chest.
                                      • Rewrote implementation.
                                      The following requests in this thread are all implemented or fixed in 2.0:
                                      Did I miss anything?

Oxyligen likes this.
                                      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

I've been trying to contact CJB for a few months to figure out the licensing for their code. Unfortunately I haven't able to contact them, and some of the 2.0 changes needed a major rewrite.

As such, I decided to create an open-source version called Automate instead of continuing CJB Automation with unknown licensing. The new mod is functionally equivalent (so your current machines should work fine with the new mod), but has a completely different architecture under the hood (to support new features like Mill automation and future features like transport pipes).

Here's a comparison of Automate 1.0 vs CJB Automation 1.4:
                                        • Open source with a free license.
                                        • Updated to SMAPI 1.9 and Stardew Valley 1.2 (also compatible with Stardew Valley 1.1 and 1.11).
                                        • Added support for crab pots, fruit trees, Junimo huts, mills, soda machines, statues of endless fortune, and statues of perfection.
                                        • Added support for machines outside the farm area and casks outside the cellar.
                                        • Fixed stacks split between chests not being recognised.
                                        • Fixed furnace refined quartz recipe not using coal.
                                        • Fixed keg coffee recipe using 1 coffee bean instead of 5.
                                        • Fixed seed maker accepting coffee beans.
                                        • Fixed slime egg-press using 99 slimes instead of 100.
                                        • Fixed worm bin being two hours faster.
                                        • Diagonal transfer is now always enabled.
                                        • Removed special case for mushroom cave chest.
                                        CJB Automation is no longer maintained and will not be updated for SMAPI 1.9+ or the upcoming Stardew Valley 1.2+ (unless CJBok resumes development). See Automate instead. :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
                                        • Jakebot411

Jakebot411 Void-Bound Voyager

Please update for SMAPI 1.15