RELEASED [SMAPI 0.40.0+] Dynamic Machines 1.1.1

Allows the user to change recipes and machine outputs for vanilla and mod machines

1. Ryuuze

Ryuuze Void-Bound Voyager

Stardewvalleymods.net post here
    Nexusmods post here

Quick heads up for everyone: this is the only mod i will ever share outside of the Nexus, and the amount of mods i make that i will share is also low; reasoning being modthievery, and the lack of action to stop it. So if you see my mod anywhere else than here or any of the linked pages in the top (the nexus and stardewvalleymods) then it's stolen, and i beseech ye, give them hell.

[SMAPI 0.40.0] Dynamic Machines - Allows the user to change recipes and machine outputs for vanilla and mod machines

Read more about this mod...
    Also on Nexusmods

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
      Hammurabi, SKKN and BlankSlater like this.
    • SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

Hi hi. I just wana know if this will work with the Automation mod(not the CJB, the other one).

• Ryuuze

I'm guessing it's the one made by oranisagu but yes, i just tested it a little and it did work properly together, although the amount of testing i did was pretty minimal, so i would suggest you try them out yourself, and after a some time, please do write back about the results :p
        Anyways, the recipe part will most definitely work xD

Hammurabi likes this.
        • SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

Well, yes I just tested it out and it seem to work with the automation mod. Thank you! and good work btw! :)

Also, just a question, so each machine will make items that vary from 1 to 5 correct? So If I want it to reset it to its original value, can I just change the max output to 1?

Edit: Also I've noticed that the crabpot isnt there. Will you be adding it?

Last edited: May 9, 2016
          • Ryuuze

you can change min value to 0 and it will skip changing the output amount for that machine, so it will do less work. But yes, you can also set max to 1 or 0.

There is a couple reasons why Crab Pot isn't actually supported just yet, 1: if the user has the trapper profession, the recipe will be overwritten by that, making it inconfigurable and 2: the crab pot is typically not located within the farm or greenhouse, which is the only places currently supported, maybe i should make a setting for making it global, for crab pots and then see what i can do about the trapper profession thing.

Anyways, for adding new machines to the mod, you don't actually have to ask me, the mod handles it all dynamically with the config, so all you have to do is add a new part to the config with the machines name, like if you want to add the Mixer from Igorious' New Machines mod, simply append this to the multipliers part of the config:

"Mixer": {
            "output": [
            ],
            "recipe": {
            "334": 1,
            "335": 1,
            "384": 1,
            "386": 1,
            "338": 1
            }
            }

Ah, but don't forget the ',' at the last bracket if you put it before some other machine (take a look at how the included config does it, and just mimic it :p)

SKKN likes this.
            • SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

I see. Well, all my crab pots are located in my farm, I have some outside but I dont like to walk lol. So maybe you can add it even if it overwrite the vanilla one(or maybe make it so that it won't overwrite? ) anywho, good job. Works great!!! and it does exactly as it say with no bugs or gliches(at of now). Thank you! :)

• Ryuuze

In that case, just add this to the config
                Code:
                    "Crab Pot": {
                      "output": [
                      ],
                      "recipe": {
                        "388": 40,
                        "335": 3
                      }
                    }
                like this:
                [​IMG]

the recipe won't change if you have the trapper profession though, still working on that

EDIT: i just realized i actually made the randomization wrong, so the highest output would always be 1 less than what is written, fixing that for v1.1

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

Thanks, it works!

Edit: Actually since I have already got that profession the recipe does not change. Only cost me 25wood and 2 copper bars to make one pot.

Edit 2: Since you were able to change the output of these machines. You think you will be able to do one for crops as well? Like something simlilar to this with a config file that we can choose how many items each crop would yield. I ask a few people but they say its not easy to do, but if you could do it along the same lines as this maybe, just maybe it might be possible.

• Ryuuze

Turns out you can't change the crab pot recipe while you are using the AllProfessions mod, but it works fine even with the trapper profession if you don't use that mod.

EDIT: this was a mistake, i thought it was the case because i forgot i had removed the trapper profession from the save i used to test it with.

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

Well, I am using that mod but its working for me lol :disshappy::disshappy::disshappy::disshappy:

• Ryuuze

really? doesn't the recipe automatically change to 25 wood and 2 copper bars when you change location? the Crab Pot config i posted should make the recipe be 40 wood and 3 iron bars.

• Ordaeanu

Ordaeanu Poptop Tamer

You could do this yourself somewhat with some quick XNB editing

This guide shows you how to do it.Read the Crops section

You could edit how many crops you get per harvest for each crop,growth times,whether they regrow like blueberries etc.
                          https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s5cEf7NLvJ6iIu6kh1oRGKE-Uw25Aak0xs2S5_MA9to/edit?pref=2&pli=1

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

Damn. So much work is put into that. I mean no offense but I just have no idea what I am looking at. The codes at the crops, the yaml file seem to be showing something entirely different than what it is written in there. Still no idea how to increase the crop yield.

Edit: Also im afraid I might mess up all the files since I have like 20 mods installed with new crops and machines. I also have some custom sprites and maps that i've made myself. I was just wondering if a mod could be made to make all crop harvests being able to yield a set number of extra crops. (or) making it somehwere along the lines of this mod where you are able to set it for each crop without having to go through the whole xnb file.

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

Well, it still ask for 25wood and 2 copper bars even if i change locations.

Edit: Also with the crab pots no longer seem to give me garbage, yeah this sound like a good thing but I actually need those garbage as I have recycle machines nearby and with automation mod, its a 2 birds one stone situation. Not sure if this is going to be persistent or not but for the past few days, I receive no garbage at all lol

• Ryuuze

the no garbage thing is a profession from lvl 10 fishing, the mariner profession. So long as you have AllProfessions and fishing lvl 10, this profession will be forced on.

Unfortunately crops aren't handled the same way as machines, they don't count as gamelocation objects and as such, i can't find and edit them just like that.
                                So far, i've only been able to check every tile to see if there are crops on them or not, but i haven't found a way to edit them.. but then again, i haven't looked at it for more than half an hour, and i currently have my focus on making the crab pot recipe changer compatible with trapper profession >.<

On a side note:
                                I'll be making a little tool to simplify the config at some point later (maybe tomorrow, idk)

• Ryuuze

Regarding the issue with the trapper profession, i figured out that the game simply looks somewhere else for the recipe when you have it, but i can't seem to figure out where that is >.<

• Ordaeanu

Ordaeanu Poptop Tamer

Let me try to clear some of it for you if you still wanna give it a shot.

Here are some lines from my own edit Crops.xnb vs Vanilla

This is parsnip.472 is the Id for parsnip seeds.Edited line is on top,vanilla line is below.

472: "1 1 1 1/spring/0/24/-1/0/true 1 3 10 .6/false/false" #!String
                                    472: "1 1 1 1/spring/0/24/-1/0/false/false/false" #!String

I have bolded what was changed to make parsnip have a chance for addition crops from one plant.

changing 0/false to 0/true means that i have set it to give additional harvests.

1 is the minimum additional amount of crops

3 is maximum additional amount of crops that i could get

10 is my additional maximum amount of crops.Basically each farming level adds one to my maximum amount of addition crops up to 10

So at farming level 10 the maximum amount of additional crops i could get is 13.
                                    If i set that to 5 then the maximum amount of crops i could get is 8.I dont get a 1 increase per level above level 5 farming

.6 means that i have a 60% chance of getting an additional crop.I believe this works like a coin flip.Heads you get 1 additional crop,tails the game ends.60% chance of of getting heads.Flip 1 i get heads,additional crop,flip 2 heads,another additional crop,flip 3 tails i lose,no additional crop and game ends which mean i get 2 additional crops.

Here is blueberries,a crop which has a chance for additional crops in vanilla vs my edited file to increase the harvest.

Edited line on top, vanilla below.481 = id for blueberry seeds

481: "1 3 3 4 2/summer/9/258/4/0/true 3 10 8 .6/false/false" #!String
                                    481: "1 3 3 4 2/summer/9/258/4/0/true 3 5 5 .02/false/false" #!String

Bolded what was changed

This time i didnt have to change the line to make it a crop which gives additional crops.

I changed the maximum additional amount of crops from 5 to 10 and the farming level increase from 5 to 8 as well as the chance for an additional harvest from 20% to 60%

Hope this helps.

These are the only changes you need to make for your goal

Here's a link to a list for the ID of most items in the game
                                    http://pastebin.com/TBsGu6Em

SKKN and Ryuuze like this.
                                    • Ryuuze

A list of IDs are generated by my mod aswell, which includes IDs of any items added by other mods too :p (it excludes the first 3, as they are objects you can't actually get your hands on without cheating)

Last edited: May 10, 2016
                                        Hammurabi and SKKN like this.
                                      • SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

Thank You, Ordaeanu! I will most definitely give it a shot. Its getting simple to me now, just look like a mess at first lol. Much like playing around with tIDE at first.

• Ryuuze