RELEASED [SMAPI 0.4][SDV 1.07]Museum Rearranger!

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by zipy199522, Apr 25, 2016.

1. zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey everyone, I've been crazy busy trying to get though all of my mod ideas and here is yet another product of my work!

This is the museum rearranger mod. This mod allows you to rearrange the museum without having to have something to donate!

Simply press the R key (configurable in the config file) while inside the museum and you will be able to make the museum look however you like by clicking on previously donated items.
    If you accidentally press the key anywhere else the console will simply tell you that you can't rearrange the museum in that location.

That's pretty much it. I haven't found any issues thus far, so feel free to go at it!

For SDV 1.0.7 and SMAPI 0.40

Link:

Mod Download: Get it here on Nexus!

Source Code:Get it here!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
      syafiq, farmvillesux, Rosuki and 8 others like this.
    • curi0

curi0 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My OCD thank you for this!

farmvillesux likes this.
      • SomeOneLost

SomeOneLost Big Damn Hero

nice job

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

upload_2016-5-4_15-31-11.png

upload_2016-5-4_15-33-44.png

Your title is definitely reflective of how I feel about you with this mod!

• Spazzas

Spazzas Aquatic Astronaut

Just what I was looking for. Thanks so much!

farmvillesux likes this.
            • Nekodamashi

Nekodamashi Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for doing this ^ w ^

• Simzarian

Simzarian Void-Bound Voyager

quick heads up here but while starting a new game I found with this mod installed if you hit the R key before your inside the game itself (so intro screen load screen character creation etc) the game just CTD's if I remove the mod it is fine and once a character is loaded it is also fine, it is not a huge issue and can be worked around but not sure if it is a sign of other issues that could come up later perhaps, this could also be a conflict with some other mods I have but none are bound to the R key leading me to believe that is not necessarily the case

• zipy199522

Ohh shoot, I didn't catch that before hand. I'll add it to my TODO list.
                  Actually it's not a conflict with mods, it's because the game looks at the character's location to determine if they are inside the museum or not. However, when creating a character their in_game location isn't set yet, so the mod does an invalid check and that's why it....CTD's? I'm assuming that's the acronym for crashing, but essentially yes. I'll fix it asap, and thanks for letting me know! =)

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

CTD means Crash To Desktop. So yes, it's an acronym for crashing (but a specific crash at that).

zipy199522 likes this.
                    • zipy199522

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that I updated the mod so that it won't CTD when making a new character or on the title screen when you press the key bound to rearranging the museum! I also uploaded the file to Nexus and posted the link up top, so go grab it from there. Thanks for the wait and have fun!
                      --- Post updated ---
                      Hey everyone, I updated this mod to fix a weird issue with the config files showing the wrong text, Woops. That's what I get for rushing sometimes. Anyways update should be on Nexus. Have fun!

Neferatem, BlankSlater and Nurio like this.
                      • Gwenhwyfar

Gwenhwyfar Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello! I like this mod! :) I was thinking of how nice it would be if I could re-arrange the items I put in the museum and here's the mod for that, haha.

But I found this mod could help me with modifying the museum counter for talking to Gunther. May I have your permission to use this mod? Would you mind if I asked some questions for clarification?

• zipy199522

Actually this mod doesn't modify anything. I just happen to use the code to call the museum menu and it happened to work out where it allows you to rearrange things, no modifications necessary. Still if you would like to use this mod feel free to do what you want with it.

• Gwenhwyfar

Gwenhwyfar Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thank you!

I'm just trying to figure out a way to make a new action to call up the museum menu, but it's limited to certain times of day if Gunther is moving around. Does this re-arrange mod allow you to add new artifacts or is it limited to re-arranging?

• zipy199522

Limited just to rearranging. Perhaps some way you could check if the player is interacting with the museum counter open up the way to rearrange the museum?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

springacres and Ladysarajane like this.
                              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• ArtiusTheFox

ArtiusTheFox Void-Bound Voyager

You should update the title if you can so people know you updated the mod. I almost thought it wasn't updated since the version that's in the Title.
                                (Oh just notice you're a different person that has updated the mod and not the OP.)
                                (I believe you're supposed to make a new thread when you do that also linking back to the OP.)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@ArtiusTheFox I updated it officially in collaboration with the author, it's not an unofficial continuation. I can't edit the thread title though, only @zipy199522 can do that.

• ArtiusTheFox

ArtiusTheFox Void-Bound Voyager

Oh alright, just saying since people would probably think it's outdated due to the title and the OP description.