RELEASED [SMAPI 0.39.6] CJB Show Item Sell Price v1.5 [30-Mar-2016]

Discussion in 'User Interface' started by CJB, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Sky303

Sky303 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I had the same issue and just realized I was NOT running SMAPI v37. Make sure to update this per the OP's instructions, I had just installed it but must've clicked on the wrong link in the guide thread.

Nice mod!!!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    • Kittenykat

Kittenykat Big Damn Hero

Darn, seems to have broken after updating the base game to 1.05. It worked for a day, but afterwards I am seeing prices in off-center and empty spots for things that are not even there, and then no prices over the actual items. Had to remove the mod for now. :(

Edit: Nevermind, didn't see you'd already updated the mod, too. LIKE A BOSS. :nurunaughty:

• hikarushirou

hikarushirou Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Very useful, thanks for this!

• Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Any chance this fine mod may be ported to work with Storm? :)

• WirlWind

WirlWind Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I believe he's mentioned this before, second (post #32, I checked :p) page.

Basically, he's going to update it for storm eventually, since SMAPI is dead, but currently it can't be ported yet as storm isn't fully fleshed out and completed.

They're still adding stuff to storm daily, so give it a week or two (The storm API is likely going to break multiple times in that time anyway) before getting invested too heavily in it and the mods around it (unless you can handle re-downloading every other day).

hikarushirou likes this.
            • Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awesome, thank you for the heads-up. I must've missed that, oops! My bad.

WirlWind likes this.
              • WirlWind

WirlWind Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No worries, it happens ;)

Personally, I can't wait, this is basically one of the few mods I view as a "must-have" but it's the only one that isn't running on Storm :rofl:

I shall rejoice mightily once it's able to work :)

Bringerlinger likes this.
                • rmorrin

rmorrin Space Hobo

i would love to install and use this mod. but it would seem that the API itself doesnt want to run on my computer... crashes every time

• jlee100

jlee100 Void-Bound Voyager

It would be cool if you can label your chest and see the label when you hover the mouse on your chest :)

SiderisAnon and Sky303 like this.
                    • Sky303

Sky303 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ur a genius.

Want this so bad now.

• Kittenykat

Kittenykat Big Damn Hero

Hope you manage to convert this to Storm too, soon! <3

sweetangel20 likes this.
                        • Randonx

Randonx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Somebody made a mod for this. Take a peek, it's under UI Mods.

killerpommes likes this.
                          • Randonx

Randonx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Seems like this mod was broken with 1.6

It no long reflects correct sell prices.

EDIT: The following day, all of the prices are correctly displayed. The mod must store all of thr game's information every day, and show you the stored value.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
                            • Eldrants

Eldrants Seal Broken

make this for storm too pls

sweetangel20 likes this.
                              • Schaeffer

Schaeffer Space Spelunker

Just thought I'd share something similar, right when the 1.6 patch went live and I played the game, the first day in the game had a bunch of visual bugs in the UI, and starting the following day, all was normal. That might just end up being a typical issue whenever CA releases a patch - there'll be one weird day where the game "gets used to" the patch, and then the rest should be fine.

One of the main developers for Storm, Zoryn, just said that she is porting all of her mods over to SMAPI since Storm is being put into discontinued development. I'd stick with SMAPI for a few days and watch all the good mods roll out!

• Eldrants

Eldrants Seal Broken

ah nice. good to know. i want to use zoryn mod.

Schaeffer likes this.
                                  • CJB

CJB Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes Zoryn is once again active for SMAPI development. Also one of the reason I sticked to SMAPI. Currently the API scene is way to to unstable to tell were it will go. But I know that there are more API's coming this way.

• Juran_Fox

Juran_Fox Void-Bound Voyager

Someone should really recommend that this mod be part of the game by default. I cannot even begin to describe how much this mod has helped me out in the past.

Schaeffer and Superior_s like this.
                                      • Schaeffer

Schaeffer Space Spelunker

Actually just today I noticed that it is, it's just implemented way less conveniently than the way CJB did it. Menu -> Collections, then pick a category and mouse over the item. Good to know it's there if you want to know the price of something you don't have on you.

• Juran_Fox

Juran_Fox Void-Bound Voyager

Ah! Interesting!

I had honestly never noticed that, thanks for the tip!
                                          Still think that CJB's method should be implemented. :D