RELEASED [SMAPI 0.37+] Automatic Open/Close Animal Doors at specific Time

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by montana123, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Disiesel

Disiesel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cus I'm in a good mood I'll save you the trouble:

https://github.com/Disiesel/AutomatedDoors/releases/download/1.1.1/AutomatedDoors.zip

• Skydruid

Skydruid Aquatic Astronaut

Doh, my apologies for missing that. Should have read the whole thread before I posted.

• Zer0Trinity

Zer0Trinity Void-Bound Voyager

I think this mods amazing i dont know if its still being worked on but i thought id still mention i found going to a festival such as the flower dance will cause the gates to remain open, it may be due the time not actually ticking to the door closing time as i presume going to a festival just auto clocks the time over, i dont know if its been mentioned :rofl:

• Yunix

Yunix Big Damn Hero

Yeah, even if you use something like the "WaitAround" Mod (or how it was called), they remain open if you get past the set time, even the Mod dont skip time, it does all ticks so all schedule of npc still work...
          But adding something to fix this should be easy, right? Just change the "IF GameTime = ConfigValue THEN CloseDoors" to "IF GameTime => ConfigValue THEN CloseDoors". I just googled it, and "=>" seems to say "equal or bigger".
          Well, atleast i hope it is that easy to fix... xD

• Disiesel

stunvn, Vith and Yunix like this.
          • Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

• mrslowly

mrslowly Void-Bound Voyager

• Disiesel

Cheers thanks. Sorry did had the time to do it earlier and when I had time earlier this week somehow I couldn't do the pull request. Had to ask a friend to help me out with this. Something went wrong somewhere and considering I have no experience with git... It's now merged and working fine with your changes. Thanks a lot for improving this.

Things for 1.2.0:
            - Code Cleaned (Azah)
            - Option Added for Winter (Azah)

Download: https://github.com/Disiesel/AutomatedDoors/releases/tag/1.2.0

For people downloading this version:
            Check your config.json! Things got changed.

• stunvn

stunvn Void-Bound Voyager

Amazing work. ;)

• KJ__

KJ__ Void-Bound Voyager

Any chance someone could explain what the following setting does in the config and what the possible settings are for it?

"buildings": null

Thanks in advance, I really like this mod and all the updates that have been made to it so far :)

• mrslowly

mrslowly Void-Bound Voyager

The default is set to null, but it should update to roughly

Buildings: {
                  "B1_Name": True,
                  "B2_Name": False
                  }

Depending on how many buildings you have.
                  Right now it's a rough way to specify what buildings you do & don't want to open daily.
                  If you don't have any buildings, it should stay at null.

I would like to add a menu that lets you toggle it in game, but right I'm super busy with finishing my last semester of college, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get around to it.

edit: But if there's a feature that you would like that can be implemented without a menu, I can see about it. Rendering menus in SMAPI is just complex to get into.

• Farthead2255

Farthead2255 Intergalactic Tourist

Where do i put the file?

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Put the mod folder inside the /StardewValley/Mods folder. Make sure that it's the mod folder, not the manifest and .dll outside of the mod-named file.

• simdebster

simdebster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I changed the open and close times in the config.json file but the mod continues to open and close the doors at the default time settings. Why is the dll not reading the config file?

...Nevermind. I placed the mod into the game the day before the Fall Fair. I got out of the game the morning after the fair and made my changes to the config file. Starting the game back up, it opened the doors at the default time that morning, but the mornings after that, it opened the doors at my specified time. Sorry for the confusion. It is working great and I am so happy to have this mod in the game. I always forget to close the doors at night.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
                        • owlsomniac

owlsomniac Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Does anyone know if this works with v1.1?

• owlsomniac

owlsomniac Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@montana123
                            Your link for version 1.1 appears to be broken?

• Ralloonx

Ralloonx Void-Bound Voyager

I tried this mod, and found that even though the doors opened and closed just fine, the animals reacted as though the doors were always left open. This lead to a decrease in product and their moods. It was like the opening and closing was merely cosmetic and not real.