RELEASED [SMAPI 0.37+] 15.03.2016 Social Editor Menu with NPC Locations - Thanks to hitachihex

Discussion in 'User Interface' started by montana123, Mar 7, 2016.

1. CFH3

CFH3 Big Damn Hero

I'm getting crashes from time to time when trying to scroll through the list. Running the 1.5 beta.

• ZombieArron

ZombieArron Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Something about Zoom in beta build is breaking the list arrows. Montana123 has been looking into it.

• kaetzer

kaetzer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

will you bring this over to "Storm"? because it's really neat :)

• montana123

montana123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I will but until now I couldn't run storm once because it allways insta crashes

• kaetzer

kaetzer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ok, cool (and unfortunate about the crashes) i'm looking forward to it ;)

• Seeroh

Seeroh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Code:
              [19:27:05] Failed to load mod 'C:\Users\Chaz\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\SocialMenu.dll'. Exception details:
              System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                 at SocialEditor.SocialEditor.LoadConfig()
                 at SocialEditor.SocialEditor.Entry(Object[] objects)
              I get this error when I try to run with the newest version of SMAPI (0.37.2). Only this and the TrainerMod were installed to test the error.

• Emtu

Emtu Subatomic Cosmonaut

SMAPI 0.37.2, SV 1.05 (not beta)

The relationships menu from this mod won't scroll, and the adjustment arrows don't work. I can only see my top 5 friends.

• montana123

Are you playing with Zoom Level?

• Emtu

Emtu Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have it set down two ticks, to 90%. Does that affect it?

Edit: Ok, that affects it. Why does that affect it?

• ky13

ky13 Space Hobo

I actually fixed it by editing the save file to change <datable>false</datable> to <datable>true</datable> for Leah. Worked perfectly.

• montana123

The Interface code is not well written. I didn't write the menu code at all. I really suck at graphical menus. Thats why I'm unable to fix it now. I will probably add that if you press arrow down or up the menu will move when its open.

• hitachihex

hitachihex Void-Bound Voyager

The menu is mimicking CA's menu code, I assume the same issue he had with buttons in his menus when he added Zoom occured as well, but he probably went in and changed how they are displayed once he added the zoom feature.
                          To make it work, montana would probably have to go in and see what he did for the selection buttons in 1.05.

• montana123

My problem is, that Game1.pixelZoom is not showing the correct value. It should change after the User changed Zoom Level but it doesnt. So thats why it doesnt work. The Code is the same like CA's Code. Maybe i'm missing something I don't know but im on it

• famacis

famacis Intergalactic Tourist

Could you create a close button or press 'z' again to close the menu? Thx

• montana123

In the next Version I will! At the moment you Close with Escape!

• lwnd91

lwnd91 Void-Bound Voyager

I think, the problem is in drawing mouse cursor, try change to:
                                  b.Draw(Game1.mouseCursors, new Vector2((float)Game1.getOldMouseX(), (float)Game1.getOldMouseY()), new Rectangle?(Game1.getSourceRectForStandardTileSheet(Game1.mouseCursors, (Game1.options.gamepadControls ? 44 : 0), 16, 16)), Color.White, 0f, Vector2.Zero, (float)Game1.pixelZoom + Game1.dialogueButtonScale / 150f, SpriteEffects.None, 1f);

montana123 likes this.
                                  • montana123

Thank you very much! This did it! I was so focus on Game1.pixelZoom that I did'nt check all other values.
                                    The problem was that if I Print out the Game1.pixelZoom Variable its allways 4. Shouldn't this change if someone changes Zoomlevel?

EDIT: New Update is Online Enjoy!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
                                    • mcc1

mcc1 Seal Broken

I think you forget to remove debug message. in the log windows it keep spam 4 :megusta:

montana123 likes this.
                                      • montana123

Hehe i know :D 1.3 Up in a Minute. I thought I removed it :(
                                        EDIT: Update is out..

mcc1 likes this.
                                        • commandantjones

commandantjones Orbital Explorer

Just installed the latest version, and I crash to desktop as soon as I press 'z.' I have no other mods installed. Running SMAPI 0.37.2 and Stardew Valley 1.05. Suggestions?