Small suggestion: Scythe and Pan upgrades

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by A_Lethargic_Giraffe, May 14, 2019.

1. A_Lethargic_Giraffe

A_Lethargic_Giraffe Poptop Tamer

I don't even use the Copper Pan. You can get more ore faster by mine delving. But for variety, offering an option to upgrade the Pan to Iron, Gold, and Iridium status would increase the number of panning spots, the frequency of which they appear, improve the quality and quantity of ore acquired, with also the possible option of landing artifacts.

Upgrading the Scythe from Copper thru Iridium status would have its uses too. It could potentially improve the following:
    ...Speed of which the Scythe is swung (from +1 thru +4)
    ...Slightly increasing the damage (Iridium quality could substitute as an average weapon if you don't want to waste the inventory slot.)
    ...Increase the amount of hay collected from grass.
    ...And also the possibility of dropping additional crops harvested from wheat, amaranth, and kale.

• PopulationZero

PopulationZero Space Hobo

I like the idea of being able to upgrade the pan, but I think it would also be neat to have something like a new skill unlock when you get panning, sort of like foraging but aimed at making panning something that you could focus on if you wanted to. Probably a bit over the top, but I wish that some of the more niche strategies like that had some support.

Christnewhogaming likes this.