1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Slime Race Mod (Outdated) discontinued

No longer being maintained. Please check Hieru's version.

1. XelSlime

XelSlime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

XelSlime submitted a new mod:

Slime Race Mod - A race of gelatinous humanoids

Read more about this mod...

2. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

Can we get some images please?

3. XelSlime

Oh, hello there. Right, yes. I'll get to it. How to go about this... Maybe some in-action shots.

4. AlbertoRota

AlbertoRota Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Outstanding mod! Congratulations!

5. XelSlime

I don't like reality's little interruptions.

Alright, now for some screenshots.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I've only got three colors of this "Slime Sphere" available at the moment, but let me know if you want me to get another color going and I'll get to it... though I suppose it's gonna end up with 64 differently-colored Spike Sphere variants in the end.

It'd be nice if there was a way to simplify things. Let people earn the tech and then select a palette somehow... or better yet, have it linked to their slime character's skin color.

6. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

9/10, almost perfect, raincoat starter clothes needed

7. XelSlime

I was just reminded of the "Slime Traits" I gave this race. They're partially based on thoughts of Space Station 13, so...

Code:
    function init()
      effect.addStatModifierGroup({
      {stat = "healthRegen", amount = 1},
      {stat = "bouncy", amount = 1},
      {stat = "slimeImmunity", amount = 1},
      {stat = "breathProtection", amount = 1},
      {stat = "poisonStatusImmunity", amount = 1},
      {stat = "electricStatusImmunity", amount = 1}
      })
    end
    I need to get rid of "bouncy", it does nothing from the looks of it. Also, I need to figure out how to add some weaknesses. My inspiration source is weak to cold temperatures, and takes double burn damage according to someone I'm chatting with.

Anyone know anything regarding giving a race a weakness to certain damage types?

I might need to link the color of this race's mouth to their body color. It can stay a shade of red, but it needs to be visible against the body itself.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  8. XelSlime

XelSlime updated Slime Race Mod with a new update entry:

Minor adjustment

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. JayBOwPOw

JayBOwPOw Void-Bound Voyager

I downloaded the mod but when i go into character creation i don't see it i don't know why.

10. XelSlime

Race mods such as this need an extra thing, such as Kawa's xbawks-mode extension, to show up, since there is no extra space for custom races normally. Sorry about that. I'll update the description for the non-regulars.

11. AlbertoRota

AlbertoRota Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do you have a character selection extender?
    If not, download one and you should see them :nuruwink:

12. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

Any colony deed or village for em? like if you use frackling universe i would say the slime planet could be a good choise for a town. For the npc colony deed would u add that slime items would spawn one of you race i'm still trying to make my town thats full of races (including customs) so far i have 1 of each normal, 1 vespoid, 1 viera ( my FFtatics waifus <3), 1 belephor (from sbg race mod waiting for the other races deeds), avalii (im surprise how cute they are), 2 Kazadra, 1 maggot race (well i just use hive stuff for it it's techinally a human in a costume), and 2 novakid. Now i need for the other race mods to get a deed so i can fill my 20-30 free room on my town.

13. XelSlime

I wouldn't know where to begin with making villages spawn. If anyone knows how to make villages, like the Avali and their outposts n' whatnot, feel free to try and come up with something, which we can then throw in (along with credits, naturally). Alternately you can show me how it's done, though the NPCs will need lines for conversing, unless people're fine with just "I have nothing to say to you."

Personally I'd of course rather have dialogue. We'd have to sort out what they'd say, but I also need to learn how to actually make them say those things. I never got through that bit in my experiments.

Maybe we can think over their chatter here?

I've been informed that repairing the FTL drive causes the teleporter and captain's chair to not spawn. I never really noticed that before because I was doing short tests with the /admin command for whatever I was testing, and haven't really gotten back into Starbound 'til now, at which point I've noticed that I load forever after I restart the game.

Sorry about that, people, I'll see what I can see here, but I might need help.

I think I found the issue.

Code:
    [15:17:47.855] [Error] UniverseServer: exception caught: (ObjectException) No such object named 'boosterflameslimeperson'
    [0] 7ff769ca3223 Star::captureStack
    [1] 7ff769ca1fae Star::StarException::StarException
    [2] 7ff769f100e7 <lambda_95d5e6debe45cf2b8dc1b201a32a1bbd>::operator()
    [3] 7ff769f0fe9d <lambda_137b2ca14fae88454657b4bacf655872>::operator()
    [4] 7ff769f0d9a1 Star::LruCacheBase<Star::OrderedMapWrapper<std::unordered_map,Star::String,std::pair<__int64,std::shared_ptr<Star::ObjectConfig> >,Star::BlockAllocator<std::pair<Star::String const ,std::pair<__int64,std::shared_ptr<Star::ObjectConfig> > >,1024>,Star::hash<Star::String,void>,std::equal_to<Star::String> > >::get<<lambda_137b2ca14fae88454657b4bacf655872> >
    [5] 7ff769f13839 Star::ObjectDatabase::getConfig
    [6] 7ff769f1214b Star::ObjectDatabase::canPlaceObject
    [7] 7ff769f123aa Star::ObjectDatabase::createForPlacement
    [8] 7ff76a1d295c Star::WorldServer::setCentralStructure
    [9] 7ff76a0f9245 <lambda_3114ec8d9337d1248371d46a9863d4c9>::operator()
    [10] 7ff76a1db72f Star::WorldServerThread::executeAction
    [11] 7ff76a10fff9 Star::UniverseServer::updateShips
    [12] 7ff76a10dbe6 Star::UniverseServer::run
    [13] 7ff769c9fd0e Star::ThreadImpl::runThread
    [14] 7ff96f098364 BaseThreadInitThunk
    [15] 7ff970ba5e91 RtlUserThreadStart

Let's see, checking for boosterflames...

...Crap.

Looks like I changed "human" boosterflame references to "slimeperson", but I never had the files. I could make it refer to human booster flames instead, but that'd mean people'd need to remake their ships, or make a new slime. Screw that, gimme a moment...

.......aaaand fixed. Uploading...

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  14. XelSlime

Derp

15. JayBOwPOw

JayBOwPOw Void-Bound Voyager

Oh so that's why thank you

16. Senpai Deviljo

I would if i could but i'm no modder so i don't even know where to start for making a new race and deeds for em. I'm sure someone could or had made a tutorial on how to make new race show up on deeds and the certain item requirement. I'm just a passenger-by that tries to give ideas to others even if they already knew what to do.

17. XelSlime

swords, and minor changes

18. Senpai Deviljo

I'm curious for a slime sword have u tried the extend blade skill on 2 hand sword? I would of thought because since slime can stretch.

Btw Warframe is not fun. It focus pvp now so all of adventure mode is farm but make it worst is you get alittle since someone higher lvl then you just rush through it like it was a catwalk. Now my opinion it was fun durring its alpha and beta stages. So much bugs that it made me laugh. It can easially lose it fun factor because when you want to make a character or item it LITTERALLY takes real time hours. So making a new character around 2-3 days new item around 12hr- 2 days.

19. XelSlime

20. XelSlime