SLCFR: Frankenstein Chicken

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by SLCFR Clan, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

DeadlyLuvdisc, welcome to the Clan! :)

2. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

I can nail a quick team together in a few minutes.

Are there any restriction besides the ones in the OP that you'd like me to go by?

Axe Garian likes this.
  3. Nope, just use your favourites or whatever it is you want.

Axe Garian likes this.
  4. DeadlyLuvdisc

Okay, I think I have a team I randomly threw together. Didn't put much thought in, just played around with features.

EDIT: So how do we do this? Is there a way to search for your username?

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. Go
    >File
    >New Tab
    There should be a list of servers. Look until you find Pokemon Online 2. We'll be there.

6. Killer Snowman

Killer Snowman Pangalactic Porcupine

If you have the ability to pixel that, we could add it to our super-secret mod. Super-secret meaning that everyone knows all about it, but nobody uses it for reasons.

These reasons include:
    - No constant server
    - Development is sporadic
    - No (easy to read) documentation

Anyway, you've managed to make as many posts here as I have fingers on one hand, so I'm putting you under "Active". Yes, our standards are that low.

7. Auraknight

Auraknight Weight of the Sky

So snow.
    As Shooshy and Axe can attest, Until I received some...disheartening news.
    I was cleaning the floor with my new team.
    Is the Commissioner up to the challenge from the Wayward Knight?
    Or will you not test your relations with lady luck against mine?

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Aura, about that, I hope you're doing okay. :(

Edit: *GASP* I have an interesting idea!!! How to make a Fire/Ice Poke make (GameFreak) sense!!! A Magma Poke that's encased in literal NeverMeltIce, the same stuff actual holdable NeverMeltIce Items are made of! Maybe these Pokes can Lore-wise be the source & natural creation method of NeverMeltIce itself! :D

The inner fire is exposed only at the Mouth, so that there's an outlet for Fire Attacks to go through of course, plus, there's now a way in hell a Fire Poke can Ice Beam without borking the mind... the Ice for the Attack is coming from the NeverMeltIce Shell so the Poke's own Firepower can't get in the way of the Ice Power. :idea:

9. Killer Snowman

The Comish. With The Mouth is up for any challenge, even though his job is *supposed* to be to act as a mediator of sorts. Pffft.

Problem is I haven't had a hell of a lot of time to myself lately. I've got a busy week ahead of me, and an even busier weekend. If I find some time, I'll hop on Steam. Typically when I'm on Steam, it means I have *some* time to battle.

Regarding X and Y, be wary of any new leaks in these last few weeks before release. It looks like Game Freak is just about done releasing any more info until Oct. 12, and there are a lot of would-be "leakers" eager to grab the attention of some info-starved fans. Review copies are out now I believe, and there's less than 2 weeks until we finally get our hands on it.

May Mara Arceus be with you all in these difficult times.

10. Auraknight

*hiss*
    Arceisim.
    Mewest forever!

11. Killer Snowman

I'm not an Arceist, but I know many identify him as the true PokeGod. I for one am a member of SLCFR's Semi-Official Religion (In Progress). It involves optional Paravect worship.

As it turns out... I have some time right now. Give or take half an hour. I'm on Steam, but I'm not seein' you. Must of just missed ya. Shit. Aw well, time to get back to praying to the Mushroom Cyber-Crab Saviour.

Kitty Box, Axe Garian and Auraknight like this.
  12. Exodus

Exodus Space Kumquat

You heathens, Giratinism is the only way to go!

13. Auraknight

you missed me because I haven't been on steam yet today.
    I'm at school.
    give me about three hours(TM)
    and I SHOULD be able to get online.

Axe Garian likes this.
  14. DeadlyLuvdisc

Well, the fact it has a shell makes me imagine it being slow and defense oriented, but the Fire/Ice typing is terrible for defense. Weaknesses to Water, Rock, Ground, and Fighting are all very popular move types, and you'd only resist Bug, Grass, and Ice which are usually found as non-stab moves for type coverage. Far too many tanks are ruined by abysmal type combos, like Lugia or Torterra.

I'd do this a little differently, they already have "Dragons" that don't have the dragon type, like Charizard and Gyarados, so I'd just have a two-headed dragon with one head that breathes fire while the other breathes ice. This would feel very comfortable on Dragon-themed teams because even with low defensive stats you can easily switch in on an Ice move targeted at one of your other dragons and then hit back hard and fast. If the Ice move in question had stab, then a stab fire type move is likely to get SE damage for a OHKO, so you'll probably end up hitting the switch instead. If the Ice move user is also water type, you could pack HP Grass or Electric.

How about a flying/ice penguin (the bad version of Empoleon), or an Ice/Bug alpine cockroach that survives in nuclear winter who is naturally opposed to a fire/poison nuclear fire Pokemon? Better still, a Fairy or Normal type Pokemon that evolves into a Dark type when traded while holding Eye Shadow (my trainer doesn't love me anymore!) and then when traded again while holding a Razor Blade will evolve into a Ghost type... Eh, maybe some of these are a little outside the scope of Gamefreak...

15. DeadlyLuvdisc

Sounds good. I'll get kraken, but I also just realized that I think Stunfisk is supposed to be a halibut.

Axe Garian likes this.
  16. Exodus

Exodus Space Kumquat

Halibut? How about flounder.

Axe Garian likes this.
  17. DeadlyLuvdisc

Let's play a game! Which one of these is Halibut, and which one is Flounder?

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. DeadlyLuvdisc

Correct! Have a cookie.

Oh darn, I ran out of cookies. I finished them of right after that ice cream cone.

Wait a sec... Where's my Vanilluxe?

Nooooooooooooooo!

19. Pandora

Pandora Existential Complex

Ah, now I'm thinking about Animal Crossing. I should get back to taking care of my town while hunting bugs and fishes to extinction.

20. Killer Snowman

96 x 96 pixels is your restriction for the pixel art if I am going to use it as an art resource. I used to have the stuff like that for the mod in the OP... but I haven't gotten around to working on the mod in a while. However, I'm getting kind of pumped about the next update, so I may end up working on it soon enough. Axe and I were kind of talking earlier and we got this great idea for a modification to a Pokemon who could really use it...

...and that is just the Pokemon I was talking about. He's gonna get an alternate form known as Vanilluxe - DOW. What does DOW stand for you ask?

Vanilluxe - Destroyer of Worlds.png

I've got a couple ideas for him already. I already know I'm going to make a new signature move for him - Brain Freeze - but what it does has yet to be determined. See, I either want to make him a special Cloyster varient.... OR... Ice/Fire. Yup. ICE/FIRE. I realize it isn't exactly a hydra or magma in a shell... but an ice cream cone possessed by a demon seems right up our alley. Plus, it would mean we wouldn't need new art resources (one of the biggest reasons we don't have as many new Pokemon as I'd like).

Ninjask Edit: I don't know why I made that picture instead of going to bed. Something compelled me.